Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supeper su bug fix? i made a mistake and downloaded the app and restarted and now its stuck on the logo evry time i boot

Comment

Originally posted by Markogr21 View Post
      supeper su bug fix? i made a mistake and downloaded the app and restarted and now its stuck on the logo evry time i boot
      i think you need to flash firmware again

Comment

You must allways make backup of rom , allways, before doing this kind of things. Its general knowledge. You must reinstall your rom now.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
          maybe in the next version i will try to add it!
          Hey superceleron,

time is passing by so fast and I just wanted to know if you're still active in this forum. I've read your messages that your work is really demanding and you're tired of updating all these devices. Does that mean that your passion for developing these tv-boxes is gone forever? Will there ever be an update to Android Oreo on any of these devices (...i've heard something about the xiaomi mi box)?

Well, i wish you all the best for your private life and hope that we will hear from you again - even then if it's not Yundoo Y8 related.

Best wishes
          Dukekox

Comment

Hi guys/girls, sorry for the lack of updates, but really dont have to much free time this days to do my custom rom work, if anything changes i will update my roms if not...

Comment

Hi guys,

I try to flash my Yundoo Y8 with the 7.1.2 SCV1 ROM but i cannot get the device to be connected with my computer.

I created the USB Type-A Male to A Male cable from the following thread:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...lashing-tv-box

I put the one side to the blue USB (USB 3.0) on my Yundoo device and before that i have pressed and kept the reset switch inside the "R" plug. I did that without power supply and with power supply BUT nothing happens. I had installed the RK drivers 4.5 and i have opened the AT 2.3.9 window but the only message i see is "No Device Found" at the AT2.3.9 window and at Device Manager window under USB tab i do not see any new device to connect...

What am I doing wrong? Which port is the OTG port? The Blue USB3.0 Type-A Male or Type-C next to Blue Type-A?

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by kinglyr; 10-01-2018, 09:02.

Comment

Hi guys/girls, sorry for the lack of updates, but really dont have to much free time this days to do my custom rom work, if anything changes i will update my roms if not...
                Update please...

Comment

Hi ,

what Wifichip does the Y8 use , is it the same as X99 , AP6255 ???

wanna test it on my X99 ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Pictures here
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Hi ,

thanks for Info , forgot about the Pictures , Y8 use a AP6356S , not nice for me now , maybe it works if i flash

the recource & kernel.img of the X99 afterwards , like this was done on RK3188 & RK3288 to fix Wifi Problems ,

hope so , greetings / gefattern

Comment

superceleron, thank you again so much for being able to give a new life to this box. I'm using your ROMs since the A6 and this A7 since it came out. As we all know, while this ROM is awesome and fixed so many bugs from the original ones, but as it was already reported, it still requires some polishing. I would really be so grateful to you if it would be possible to fix:
                        - USB bug - if I restart the box, I need to remove the USB transmitter of the air mouse and restart again;
                        - Can't use my external HDD (3TB, USB3.0). I've bought a 4A PSU, and it still can't detect it. With your A6 ROM, it worked perfectly.
                        - Sometimes the box stop sending the sound to the TV. Haven't found a way to reproduce the error as it happens like once per 3 weeks. Need to reboot the box and start again.
                        - It would be a "nice to have" if we could have the SuperSu from the install; if not, some posts back another user already gave a possible solution for us...

I know that you're full of work and this is free labour, but please, don't forget us... nobody else is able to fix this for us... Again, even if you're able to get the time to solve this, THANK YOU so much for your work until now!!

Comment

don't understand the hdd thing I use an 8tb external hdd with usb2 or 3 no problems except the the time it takes to be detected it seems to take a minute or 2 to be detected with media app and x player don't detect it at all but then xplayer seems very picky about the the hard drives it will detect

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
                            don't understand the hdd thing I use an 8tb external hdd with usb2 or 3 no problems except the the time it takes to be detected it seems to take a minute or 2 to be detected with media app and x player don't detect it at all but then xplayer seems very picky about the the hard drives it will detect
                            Lucky you. Mine is not detected with this A7 ROM. The HDD is working fine and it worked with superceleron A6.

Comment

dunno how lucky I am depends how many people are having problems .but I like I said the player built into the rom seems to work best ..media centre... it detects my internal and external sd cards and my pc ,and if I turn on my hdd wait a couple of minutes and then scroll up or down its detected that as well I also have 1tb and 2tb hdd and if I plug them in they are also detected just faster .cannot understand why yours don't work

Comment

Originally posted by trinidad View Post
                                dunno how lucky I am depends how many people are having problems .but I like I said the player built into the rom seems to work best ..media centre... it detects my internal and external sd cards and my pc ,and if I turn on my hdd wait a couple of minutes and then scroll up or down its detected that as well I also have 1tb and 2tb hdd and if I plug them in they are also detected just faster .cannot understand why yours don't work
                                It has nothing to do with the player or media centre. I couldn't care less about that. The problem is that the HDD simply is not recognised by the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X