Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max Power Failure

Hi all,
    So recently I updated my h96 max to the latest firmware without any trouble. Then once I tried plugging in an external hdd it shut down immediately and failed to boot up (flashing blue led once then shutting down). I then tried a higher voltage power supply (12V 2A) and it has seemed to have fried the board, every time I plug in the power supply it smells like something is burning and no power led's are showing (just black).
    Are there any fixes to this?
    Thanks guys.

Originally posted by harveyconnor View Post
    Hi all,
    So recently I updated my h96 max to the latest firmware without any trouble. Then once I tried plugging in an external hdd it shut down immediately and failed to boot up (flashing blue led once then shutting down). I then tried a higher voltage power supply (12V 2A) and it has seemed to have fried the board, every time I plug in the power supply it smells like something is burning and no power led's are showing (just black).
    Are there any fixes to this?
    Thanks guys.
    Not to my knowledge. Overcurrent is fine, but overvoltage will kill your device. Gotta buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by leledumbo View Post
      Not to my knowledge. Overcurrent is fine, but overvoltage will kill your device. Gotta buy a new one.
      Well I literally spent $200 on this just two days ago... I hope they can replace it otherwise I'll be extremely mad...

Comment

Well I literally spent $200 on this just two days ago... I hope they can replace it otherwise I'll be extremely mad...
        You should get Nvidia Shield for that price, mine is only $112. I don't think misuse of adapter is covered in the warranty, though. Now that you've learned it, by 5V/3A adapter next time. Anyway, it's on sale on GeekBuying (where I bought), only $107 (damn it, it's only a few weeks old):
        China-1 Stock | Buy H96 MAX RK3399 Hexa Core 2.0Ghz 4K TV BOX Android 7.1 4GB/32GB Type-C USB3.0 AC WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Comment

Originally posted by leledumbo View Post

You should get Nvidia Shield for that price, mine is only $112. I don't think misuse of adapter is covered in the warranty, though. Now that you've learned it, by 5V/3A adapter next time. Anyway, it's on sale on GeekBuying (where I bought), only $107 (damn it, it's only a few weeks old):
          https://www.geekbuying.com/item/H96-...OX-379059.html
          oh I'm in aus so shipping and $ conversion works out to be more expensive.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi ,

that was not a good Idea , a 12V/2A Powersupply to a Box thats needs 5V/2000mah , the Hint

of "leledumbo" is the better choise . good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

that was not a good Idea , a 12V/2A Powersupply to a Box thats needs 5V/2000mah , the Hint

of "leledumbo" is the better choise . good luck / gefattern
              I clearly didn't do physics in high school ahha

Comment

Costly mistake yikes...
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

So somehow, it is now working, there's a bit of a smell to it but I think that's just the overheating cpu/heatsink.
                  I thought it was completely blown as yesterday nothing would turn on, now I'm able to flash firmware etc. without problem.
                  Currently performing some stress tests and will report back once complete!

Edit #1
                  - Crashed on me and currently in the process of reflashing firmware
                  Last edited by harveyconnor; 12-30-2017, 08:32.

Comment

@harveyconnor good idea to connect a 12v psu. (NOT REALLY!)

the voltage is 5V!

you can connect a 5Volt 3 ampere or a 5Volt 300 ampere psu.
                    thats not a problem.
                    overvoltage is a big problem.

Comment

Hi everybody
                      I have a short circuit at the terminals of this circuit (C06Xf) in red circle -file attached-
                      I searched the internet without finding its datasheet ..
                      who knows this circuit and thank you
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ounissi Adnen View Post
                        Hi everybody
                        I have a short circuit at the terminals of this circuit (C06Xf) in red circle -file attached-
                        Hi ,

you can stay here with your Problem no need for extra Thread , i delete the other one ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Ounissi Adnen View Post
                          Hi everybody
                          I have the same problem like you, i'm not sure this is the right voltage regulator
                          Code:
                          [URL]https://www.mouser.ca/Semiconductors/Power-Management-ICs/Voltage-Regulators-Voltage-Controllers/LDO-Voltage-Regulators/_/N-5cgac?P=1z0wa2eZ1yzu4lsZ1z0z7ptZ1z0wbyxZ1yzvdt2[/URL]
                          i move on, i get myself a new gt-king s922x, powerful android tv with same price, this box is amazing..

Comment

Working...
                          X