Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 MAX 4G/32G Amazon Prime Video Issues

Hi,

Just bought recently this android tv box {Android 7.1.2 Dec 9 2017 build) and everything work but Amazon Video. I downloaded the official app from Google Play and it opens but the app crashes when trying to load any video. Also tried sideloading the Android TV version but when loading video it displays the "We're unable to play this video at this time. Please try again in a few minutes or contact Amazon Customer Service" message.

Did anyone manage to make it work on this box or is there any possibility of porting the Android TV app from Nvidia Shield Android TV to this box?

Thanks

Originally posted by vladx View Post
    Hi,

Just bought recently this android tv box {Android 7.1.2 Dec 9 2017 build) and everything work but Amazon Video. I downloaded the official app from Google Play and it opens but the app crashes when trying to load any video. Also tried sideloading the Android TV version but when loading video it displays the "We're unable to play this video at this time. Please try again in a few minutes or contact Amazon Customer Service" message.

Did anyone manage to make it work on this box or is there any possibility of porting the Android TV app from Nvidia Shield Android TV to this box?

Thanks
    You have to ask the manufacturer of your device for a firmware update.
    The problem was fixed about 4 months ago already.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You have to ask the manufacturer of your device for a firmware update.
      The problem was fixed about 4 months ago already.
      Like I said, my box has a 9 December build which is much newer than 4 months. Is there a firmware of H96 Max RK3399 that you can link me with the problem fixed?

My H96 MAX seems to be a newer model with QC9377 WiFi chip.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
        I have the h96 max also, and i'm using the lasted firmware with build of Jan 01 2018 and it also doesn't work! Idk abou older firmwares! You could also try super celeron rom!

Comment

Like I said, my box has a 9 December build which is much newer than 4 months. Is there a firmware of H96 Max RK3399 that you can link me with the problem fixed?

My H96 MAX seems to be a newer model with QC9377 WiFi chip.
          hello mate, i too have the app crash with amazon. can you please tell me where you get info of the wifi chip from? which one is older and which one is newer and things related (rom)?

Comment

Originally posted by pradeepvizz View Post

hello mate, i too have the app crash with amazon. can you please tell me where you get info of the wifi chip from? which one is older and which one is newer and things related (rom)?
            Install Termux app and right after you disabled and re-enabled WiFi from settings run "dmesg" command from the terminal. You should then see information about your WiFi chip.

Comment

Originally posted by vladx

Install Termux app and right after you disabled and re-enabled WiFi from settings run "dmesg" command from the terminal. You should then see information about your WiFi chip.
              Thanks mate. I I'll check when I am back home.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pradeepvizz View Post
                Thanks mate. I I'll check when I am back home.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
                Ah I forgot, the first time you enter "dmesg" command you'll be asked to install a Linux package so just run the command that it will be shown to install it.

Comment

Hello All,

Does anyone have a android 6 version of the H96 Max rk3399 qc9377 wifi ??
                  If so Please post a link ...

I need the Android 6 version ... not android 7

Thanks In advance

Michael T.
                  3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                  CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                  Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                  Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Did u get the amazon prime to work? Having the same issue!

Comment

Hi ,

does Amazon not need DRM too , like Netflix , without Widevine

L1 or L3 , nothing will happen , i think ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Amazon needs Microsoft Playready I think its called

Yeah read that now, have to stick with the mobile version till an workaround come for it

Comment

Hello Read_runner

Do You have a version that works on the H96 MAX ??? ((mobile version))?

If so Could You post the apk ??

thanks in advance

Not working for me either

Michael T.

Originally posted by red_runner View Post
                        Yeah read that now, have to stick with the mobile version till an workaround come for it

Comment

Originally posted by red_runner View Post
                          Rockchip fixed the Amazon Prime problem already in Sep of 2017.
                          If the firmware doesn't have it, they must still use extremely old code full of bugs.

Another bug will be Youtube videos that will just freeze and not play, strange no one noticed it yet.

Comment

Hello Mo123

Have you tested Amazon Prime on Your Unit ... As I was told that even other boxes are having issue with amazon prime ...

Have You tested it personally ?

If not Please try it You can get a free trail version for 30 days ..

Amazon Prime loads just fine it dies when You play a video any video ...

I have Been reading the Kodi Forums as we and they are even having issues with the App
                            so they are working on a plugin ...

I await some real testing ...

If You want to Read about all the problems they are having here is a link to the main forums
                            for Kodi Prime

Hier wird ein Addon angeboten, welches die Wiedergabe von Amazon Prime Video Inhalten ermöglicht. Funktionsumfang Poster werden bei den Filmen nur über Amazon bezogen. Das gleiche gilt auch für Trailer. Der Export von Filmen oder Serien erfolgt…

Michael T.
                            Last edited by michael2t; 07-06-2018, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
                            X