No announcement yet.

X99 TV BOX - RK3399 Mali - T860MP4 4/32GB ROM A7.1 HDR10 Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, does anyone know how to get this firmware working on a R99? When plugging in after updating the box turns off straight away. Can see it start to install because the word erasing appears with the circle. Are the boxes too different or is it a power supply issue? Had R99 for some time now & still no ethernet. Thanks

My R99 is 5v3a
    Last edited by Boneo; 04-15-2018, 10:40.

Comment

Same as the R99 just a different housing

Comment

Something isn't the same because the R99 shuts down within 2 seconds of booting it up with the X99 firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Boneo View Post
        Something isn't the same because the R99 shuts down within 2 seconds of booting it up with the X99 firmware
        Hi ,

looks that there are some difference , why do you not use the R99 Roms , something wrong with them ???

Ugoos provided a few weeks ago the UG-R99 RK3399 , maybe this Rom , if available , works better ???

greetings / gefattern
        Last edited by gefattern; 05-24-2018, 01:07. Reason: corrections

Comment

Hi, there's no firmware available for UG99 & I've been after ethernet connection which no R99 roms​​​​ have. I've been through them.

Comment

I have the EBox R99 ..i don't understand what members are saying i've read a number of comments saying there's no ethernet. There is ethernet i use it

Comment

Ebox would be the same as the R99 mentioned above and looks nothing like the x99 and as they flashed the R99 on the X99 I think that be the problem
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk
                Hi guys

I'V bought my latest(its my 12.th Device!!!) Box fm Gearbest;"X99 RK3399" hope its arrive today/yesterday
                Wondering RK3399 performance only!
                Hi ,

i want to buy the X99 too , when it arrives can you add a small or big "Info Post" about Performance ,

that would be nice , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern
                Last edited by gefattern; 05-24-2018, 20:22. Reason: corrections because of move

Comment

Dont,dont,dont!!!

I got it from Gearbest and arrived in my hand yesterday and I'm still searching!
                  Just another disappontment for me!

1-for KODI use;its like a joke but you never work it out with Kodi,because if you "power-off"(shutdown main) the device than you lost
                  all your installed "addons"!! WTF!

Tried couple of times and installed some of usefull working addons to Kodi;for install action no any issue
                  until you power-off your device then when open device and go to Kodi section then "surprise" no any addons over there!

2-First I'v installed 17.6 such got it above issue and today I'v tried 18.0 Leila and same issues still there!

So its useless with KODI ever!

This Box my 11. or 12.device;as one of the worst unit ever!

3-"Internet" performance

a-Ethernet "not bad" I'm not say very good even good,just saying not bad!
                  b-"WiFi" the worst unit ever! 5G very slow! 2G bad.....

Net performance just bad

4-Device own MediaPlayer bad too!! I'v never seen before becouse everytime device MPlayer even better than KODI but this time
                  Kodi better!

Therefore you feel the power of MALI860(only in KODI)

5-Lot of BUGs having

Today I'v contacted with Gearbest and opened a Ticket for exchange-returning this device!
                  I'll buy again another AMLogic912 device

6-Heating problem! device very hot!

++

Meanwhile in Kodi section or device section,system/unit very FAST!!
                  RK3399 factor! its good but that is it everywhere is BUGs

RemoteControl awesome,air-mouse/over voice control
                  If you use just a remote control,very fast/responsively!
                  you wont any need "WirelessMouse" its covered mouse+remote control

For this device I'v only like it remote commander lol!

So I'v warned you again dont buy this unit!

MainMenu/Launcher very useless/basic too!

Note;in the upgrade section I'v seen "minix"!! might be software or device produced by minix??
                  and how device will be upgrade,I do not know

In fact the main issue is KODI's Addons lost!
                  Hi ,

thanks for your Info , this sounds not so nice , but i do not use Kodi or similar , i think the

Box or PCB only needs good Rom support and that is until now not the fact , a shame that

Rockchip can not handle this . Still 7.1.2 installed or already Oreo ???

So the best is to wait or buy a better supported Box .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

somewhere on Ali... they sell it already with 8.1 , hope it will released soon for more RK CPUs .

Hey "bergamesk" why , if you mostly want to use KODI or similar , not buy a cheap AML Box ,

and flash LibreElec to it , i have an old QBox S905 , runs like a charm on internal Storage .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks of your info+

But sadly that I'vnt enough experience for this as how to do??

-well at least I can play SD&HD videos with Default sets. then if I didnt change anything from Video settings

>so how I "root"? and how to do this
                      Hi ,

so you decided to hold the X99 ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

trebor is it possible to enable navigation bar by adding qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 in build.prop ?
                        Last edited by JoseM; 05-24-2018, 01:19.

Comment

• gefattern
                          gefattern commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi ,

if you not try , you not know , good luck / gefattern
                          Last edited by gefattern; 01-04-2019, 17:27.

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                        trebor is it possible to enable navigation bar by adding qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 in build.prop ?
                        If that setting is missing(=1 or =0), then most likely adding it won't help.

Comment

Hi ,

new Firmware released uploaded here on FT from Geekbuying :

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...pdate-20180323

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thx for this+
                            Let me I check it and if I did it as its means fine for me
                            Or might be I can ask you some of help/advise

++

>now already downloaded firmware and unzipped to my Desktop the .img file
                            >than downloaded FlashTool&Driver(but in this pack that there is 2 file one is
                            BatchTool and the other one DriverAssistant_v4.4

But finally I didnt install the Driver??

note;my PC WIN7(x64)

a little confuse that how this flashtool or driver to be installed?
                            Hi ,

Driver install is simple , u only have to start the "Install.exe" as Admin , follow

instructions and ready , use YouTube , there you can see it , ask if something

unclear ,

greetings / gefattern
                            Last edited by gefattern; 05-24-2018, 20:20. Reason: corrections because of move

Comment

Working...
                            X