• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

so Type C must be used , but connected on Pc side to USB2 port ??? ,

i want to buy this Box can u say if other Launchers can be used without

Problems ??? , do u have any problems with Apps , what about "root" ???

thanks , greetings / gefattern

I use my Device>>TypeC(with my proper Adapter as well)and use Type A-A(male-male) USB3.0 Cable
    before I'v opened my Tool and upload the necessary firmware too then first I connect my cable one end
    to my device while pressing reset button,then the other end connect to my Desktop USB3.0 port
    but nothing happened my device even does not power-on and connected to the Tool as well

I'v a connection problem!

Than if I use same cable with my device other USB3.0 port and use my Desktop USB3.0 port then my device power-on!!
    but connection failed

Comment

I just wondered that is this box "Rooted" or not??

Or,if we wanna to make rooted,how to do this?

Such a mystery Box going on there WTF!

I'll probably to buy a new box(RK3399) and it would might be H96 MAX(RK3399) found here a guy that we sell it with suitable price!
      I'v a friend who also need RK3399 then might be I'll sell my device to this friend and get the H96 MAX
      Because he is never use KODI!!! (as not same me)

H96 RK3399 worked KODI fine(as per my friend's infos.)

++

BUT if you wanna best "picture quality" than you should buy this Box my German friend
      Very fast+picture quality amazing,just ignore it AML912 Boxes!

All APK/Apps etc. worked fine if you installed your Device system as well!

For "FILMS" I use last couple of months only "TERRARIUMTV"(installed Device but it can be installed also to KODI,but I never done this!)
      And if you buy REAL-DEBRID Premium acc.you get more 1080/720links(very high file capacity such as 7/8/9/10Gb!!)
      Movies(picture quality) way better from all Kodi Addons!!
      Last edited by bergamesk; 05-28-2018, 18:34. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
        I just wondered that is this box "Rooted" or not??

Or,if we wanna to make rooted,how to do this?

Such a mystery Box going on there WTF!

I'll probably to buy a new box(RK3399) and it would might be H96 MAX(RK3399) found here a guy that we sell it with suitable price!
        I'v a friend who also need RK3399 then might be I'll sell my device to this friend and get the H96 MAX
        Because he is never use KODI!!! (as not same me)

H96 RK3399 worked KODI fine(as per my friend's infos.)

++

BUT if you wanna best "picture quality" than you should buy this Box my German friend
        Very fast+picture quality amazing,just ignore it AML912 Boxes!

All APK/Apps etc. worked fine if you installed your Device system as well!

For "FILMS" I use last couple of months only "TERRARIUMTV"(installed Device but it can be installed also to KODI,but I never done this!)
        And if you buy REAL-DEBRID Premium acc.you get more 1080/720links(very high file capacity such as 7/8/9/10Gb!!)
        Movies(picture quality) way better all Kodi Addons!!
        where are you from ? Italy ?

Comment

Nope,from Turkey/Antalya

Comment

today I'v found another issue that my TypeC port partly malfunction!

why;when I inserted USB-stick then port doesnt recognise! if I move it or re-insert than port is active!

so might be or most probably,when I insert my USB3.0 cable with adapter then port not recognized!
            Problem seems TypeC port malfunction or sometimes it work or not!

Note;Check once more with another new "TypeC Adapter" and Device port is O.K
            when I inserted couple of USB-Sticks and TypeC port recognized all of them

My USB3.0 A-A cable also O.K checked

Still my Device not connected FlashTool!
            Last edited by bergamesk; 05-28-2018, 19:51.

Comment

Hi ,

so Type C must be used , but connected on Pc side to USB2 port ??? ,

i want to buy this Box can u say if other Launchers can be used without

Problems ??? , do u have any problems with Apps , what about "root" ???

thanks , greetings / gefattern
              tv-box is connected through usb 3.0

root is not installed on the tv - box, I do not know how to do it yet.

I tried the firmware on which I solved the problem with KODI, which I downloaded from another site, but this is a fake, the problem is present.
              Installed a new firmware from the forum, they are visually different, but KODI has not tested yet, I do not use them, there are no special problems with the applications.

Slot for Sim card fake.
              Last edited by Phoenix90; 05-28-2018, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                now tried but failed

What I did

1-Downloaded your stated DriverAssistantv4.4 and FactoryTool-v1.4 as same as programs
                2-First installed DA4.4(DriverInstall.exe and its OK)
                3-From FTool extract desktop and opened FTool.exe its OK
                4-Upload my file to Tool and its OK

after I did;take my box,with nail pushed to reset button while pushed then use TypeC
                port and connect to my PC USB3.0 port....

when I check my Tool box there is no connection because the device will not power on!
                than change my cable(I'v 2 cable A-A type one is 3.0 other one is 2.0)

My problem is,Box doesnt connected to the Toll for upgrading
                I'v also tried other USB3.0 port but nothing connecting!

Or I'v a Windows issue(Win/7Ultimate)

I have Win 7 Ultimate.

I had to reinstall the usb - driver for the ports for my motherboard.

1.install Rockchip_DriverAssitant_v4.4
                2.Unpack the archive FactoryTool-v1.45e to the root of the C drive.Use only this version, with others I had problems.
                3.Turn off the TV-Box from power.
                4.Connect the tv-box to the computer via usb-type-c
                5.Press the Reset button.
                6.And connect the power.It is important that the Reset button is jammed at this point.
                7.After that, the drivers will be installed on the computer. TV-box should not turn on.

It's important in FactoryTool-v1.45e to select the Restore mode and only then click Run.
                When the TV box is reset, press Stop, the first start will take 5-10 minutes.
                Last edited by Phoenix90; 05-28-2018, 19:45.

Comment

Hi ,

so you got it installed ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

This Box really "JokeBox"

Comment

So after this Upgrade does KODI work Properly-Stable???

If Kodi not work fine,so I never flash it!

At present this Box even without Kodi works fine,so if you are not use Kodi(or not willing to use Kodi) this means Box is O.K
                      You can use it as well as at least it has perfect picture quality plus very fast and if you wanna to load many other Apk.s than
                      install it all works well

Meanwhile if you want to use "RK3399" than buy another Box instead X99 fuc... box!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix90 View Post

tv-box is connected through usb 3.0

root is not installed on the tv - box, I do not know how to do it yet.

I tried the firmware on which I solved the problem with KODI, which I downloaded from another site, but this is a fake, the problem is present.
                        Installed a new firmware from the forum, they are visually different, but KODI has not tested yet, I do not use them, there are no special problems with the applications.

Slot for Sim card fake.
                        Hi ,

do you think or know if it shall work with USB2 , i do not have USB3 on my Pc ,

i hope , otherwise i can not flash , so no buy , tonight i ask the Manufactor where

i want to buy , press thumbs ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

sorry for offtopic

gefattern i'm debating too X99 or H96 Max i think i would go with H96 Max i think it will get better support from ROM developers in the future

there is promo for you on geekbuying H96 Max only 112.99$ with coupon code free shipping from Germany Stock

Comment

Hey guys dont buy X99 !!!!

Or if you want to use RK3399 Box than buy H96 which is better choice!
                            But keep in mind also H96 has Bugs too!

I read out a comment from a another forum/site which were this guy bought H96 and X99(I think he bought H96 first)
                            This guy at least have two boxes at same time! so he can compare more easly and trusty!

He said that H96 way better Box! and also KODI works fine! and according of him comment that H96 even more fast then X99!!

For X99 He also got Kodi issue(as same as me) when he power-off the device than all Kodi addons and settings lost!!

But in frankly I do not trust more where H96 is good choice and way better device!

As it seems that All RK3399 Devices has lot of issues!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                              sorry for offtopic

gefattern i'm debating too X99 or H96 Max i think i would go with H96 Max i think it will get better support from ROM developers in the future

there is promo for you on geekbuying H96 Max only 112.99$ with coupon code free shipping from Germany Stock

Hi ,

good to know but can this Box be flashed with USB2 Port ??? otherwise i can not flash

new Roms . On YT i found some X99 Videos and the testings , all good .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

good to know but can this Box be flashed with USB2 Port ??? otherwise i can not flash

new Roms . On YT i found some X99 Videos and the testings , all good .

greetings / gefattern
                                Unfortunately I can not check it, there is no USB 2.0 on my PC.

I installed firmware from here
                                https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...99-tv-box.html, but this did not fix the problem with KODI.
                                Then I updated firmware from here
                                http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...re-android-7-1 -2
                                Firmware differ at the first does not work KODI, for the second I have not yet tested.
                                Visually, they also differ, the main screen, the device in the settings is called R-TV BOX X99.

The problem is with only KODI, there are no other problems with tv-boxing.
                                In Antutu, X99 scores fewer points than the H96 MAX.
                                93 thousand on X99
                                115 thousand on H96 MAX, On this firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...re-android-7-1.
                                On its firmware H96 MAX dials the same as X99.

My TV box X99 I really like, I do not use KODI.
                                Gearbest returned me $ 30 for the lack of a SIM card slot.

Sorry for my English, I hope I write correctly.
                                Last edited by Phoenix90; 05-29-2018, 04:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X