X99 TV BOX - RK3399 Mali - T860MP4 4/32GB ROM A7.1 HDR10 Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phoenix90 View Post

Unfortunately I can not check it, there is no USB 2.0 on my PC.

I installed firmware from here
    https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...99-tv-box.html, but this did not fix the problem with KODI.
    Then I updated firmware from here
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...re-android-7-1 -2
    Firmware differ at the first does not work KODI, for the second I have not yet tested.
    Visually, they also differ, the main screen, the device in the settings is called R-TV BOX X99.

The problem is with only KODI, there are no other problems with tv-boxing.
    In Antutu, X99 scores fewer points than the H96 MAX.
    93 thousand on X99
    115 thousand on H96 MAX, On this firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...re-android-7-1.
    On its firmware H96 MAX dials the same as X99.

My TV box X99 I really like, I do not use KODI.
    Gearbest returned me $ 30 for the lack of a SIM card slot.

Sorry for my English, I hope I write correctly.
    Hi ,

thanks for Info , do you use a different Launcher does this work well too ???

I do not use Kodi , i need it for Gaming and Internet and maybe Music , i am

German so the Hint "JoseM" gave seems to be the best , but if i cant flash !!!

what about "root" ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

thanks for Info , do you use a different Launcher does this work well too ???

I do not use Kodi , i need it for Gaming and Internet and maybe Music , i am

German so the Hint "JoseM" gave seems to be the best , but if i cant flash !!!

what about "root" ???

greetings / gefattern
      I do not use another Launcher. But in the evening I'll check out Nova Launcher.

I played on tv-box only in Asphalt 8, the joystick from the X-Box 360.
      FPS is stability more than 30. Play comfortably.
      With the Internet and music, everything is fine, I'm looking films the browser Chrome and listening to online radio.

I have not figured out how to get root on the device.

Last edited by Phoenix90; 05-29-2018, 09:53.

Comment

Hi guys

1-This Box X99;just fine for everything except for use of KODI!!

2-If you are not use KODI "might be" you can buy at least for "RK3399" Chipset because its really fast&picture quality amazing

3-For "Gaming" sorry I'm not a Gamer,so I do not give you any comments for that

4-Might be some minor Bugs having but its not affected to me!

5-For testing I'v installed many other Apk. to the Device system through GooglePlayStore and its very easy and no any issue
        but than I'v uninstalled all of them except leave it "Terrarium TV" which is one of the best Apk for movies

++

According to one user who have had these two boxes(H96 and X99 were both are RK3399 as well) as he said;H96 better than X99

++

In the meantime I'v contacted with Gearbest and got the Ticket and awaiting of their final decision!
        Actually I want to keep this device! but I they accept for exchange this device than I'll send it back
        or exchange with H96 MAX(RK3399) and I'll pay the different amount as well or might be I'll exchange
        with MECOOL BB2 PRO(AML912)

This X99 box really problem to work with KODI!

Bye++

Comment

I do not use another Launcher. But in the evening I'll check out Nova Launcher.

I played on tv-box only in Asphalt 8, the joystick from the X-Box 360.
          FPS is stability more than 30. Play comfortably.
          With the Internet and music, everything is fine, I'm looking films the browser Chrome and listening to online radio.

I have not figured out how to get root on the device.

Hi ,

thanks to both for your Infos , i always use Apex Launcher , would be great if you can test it ,

maybe the Box is prerooted and only SuperSu must be installed , but for sure do not update

the binarys !!! , caused a bootloop on other Rk3399 Box (if u want to test) .

would be nice , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

thanks to both for your Infos , i always use Apex Launcher , would be great if you can test it ,

maybe the Box is prerooted and only SuperSu must be installed , but for sure do not update

the binarys !!! , caused a bootloop on other Rk3399 Box (if u want to test) .

would be nice , greetings / gefattern
            Hi!

Well, I'll check.

Root is not preinstalled, I checked it.

Comment

• gefattern
              gefattern commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi , thanks , stupid no root , but it must be possible .

greetings / gefattern

Hi!

Well, I'll check.

I checked the APEX launcher, it's all right, I set it as the default launcher.

KODI does not work on this firmware http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-7-1-2

Comment

Kodi even never work X99!!
              such with this ROM or others

Why manufacturer given ROM(or whatever) and they stated (hidden Kodi 18.0)???

Note;my device from last night at 10PM until now I never power-off and Kodi 17.6 still there
              if I did power-off or re-start than all Kodi addons and settings will be deleted!!

Strange but its true
              Its all sucks for KODI work

Comment

Hi!

Well, I'll check.

Comment

Hi ,

do you think or know if it shall work with USB2 , i do not have USB3 on my Pc ,

i hope , otherwise i can not flash , so no buy , tonight i ask the Manufactor where

i want to buy , press thumbs ,

greetings / gefattern
                  i think it should it will be just slower speed

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

i think it should it will be just slower speed
                    Hi ,

i hope it too , but until not sure if i shall buy X99 from China or H96Max from

Germany / Geekbuying , hard decision , does Apex Launcher hold the Settings

after reboot , thanks for all ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

small update , think shall buy the H96Max , Video on YT shows it can for sure flashed with

a USB A to A Cable with Box Port USB3 , and PC , dont know , but USB2 , must work , only

slower ???

Other Info , Review Video of X99 , says it plays 4K Videos with Update from Aptoide TV

App , hope it helps ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello

The Way the flashing works is the Loader Button (Hiding in the hole of the Audio Jack) needs to Be Pressed during power
                        up (IE When the Operator Holds the Button and Plugs in the USB 3 Type A Cable) to start the loaded which only starts on USB 3 and The USB A-to-A Provides Power thru USB 3 to Run the Player during Flashing ..

That is why it only worked through the USB 3 Port which will allow flashing with USB 2 port on PC side ... BUT NOT on the
                        Player Side ...

Watch Video on Youtube Link Below:

You can download Factory Tool here:https://vntvbox.com/tong-hop-cong-cu-va-huong-dan-up-rom-firmware-bang-tools-tat-ca-tv-boxFirmware here:https://vntvbox.co...

Working fine for me ...
                        Good Luck

Michael T.

Hi ,

small update , think shall buy the H96Max , Video on YT shows it can for sure flashed with

a USB A to A Cable with Box Port USB3 , and PC , dont know , but USB2 , must work , only

slower ???

Other Info , Review Video of X99 , says it plays 4K Videos with Update from Aptoide TV

App , hope it helps ,

greetings / gefattern
                        3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                        CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                        Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                        Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                          Hello

The Way the flashing works is the Loader Button (Hiding in the hole of the Audio Jack) needs to Be Pressed during power
                          up (IE When the Operator Holds the Button and Plugs in the USB 3 Type A Cable) to start the loaded which only starts on USB 3 and The USB A-to-A Provides Power thru USB 3 to Run the Player during Flashing ..

That is why it only worked through the USB 3 Port which will allow flashing with USB 2 port on PC side ... BUT NOT on the
                          Player Side ...

Watch Video on Youtube Link Below:

You can download Factory Tool here:https://vntvbox.com/tong-hop-cong-cu-va-huong-dan-up-rom-firmware-bang-tools-tat-ca-tv-boxFirmware here:https://vntvbox.co...

Working fine for me ...
                          Good Luck

Michael T.

Hi ,

your Box is X99 or H96Max ??? thanks for , i saw a similar Video .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello

I am using the H96 Max with AP6255 wifi (With SC 7.1.2 Build) not same as new version has QCA9377 wifi chip ...

Michael T.

Hi ,

your Box is X99 or H96Max ??? thanks for , i saw a similar Video .

greetings / gefattern
                            3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                            CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                            Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                            Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                              Hello

I am using the H96 Max with AP6255 wifi (With SC 7.1.2 Build) not same as new version has QCA9377 wifi chip ...

Michael T.

Hi ,

i know , i want the same Box as you , with AP6255 , otherwise worthless , so hopefully Geekbuying answer

my Question as i hope and wish , that the Boxes stock in German Storage have the AP6255 Chip , cant find

any Info about that , on the Site they sell it . If not i buy the X99 .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X