X99 TV BOX - RK3399 Mali - T860MP4 4/32GB ROM A7.1 HDR10 Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Yeah it was worth a try, and good work...its just so BIG and nothing worked for me...its not rooted, remote didn't work and everything seemed very slow compared to the android 7.1.
    But good try. I will try anything on this BOX...lol
    If you can make an IMG file for a SD card seems someone could make one for the internal flash IMG file....wish I knew how.
    Hi ,

we only can hope ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Well, i just would be carefull with that lucky patcher, my AV says its malware, will wait for results from a cloud check, but just be aware...
      Im running on 20181222 unrooted and have version of playstore 7.8.36, some apps are still updating.

Comment

Originally posted by slmq View Post
        Well, i just would be carefull with that lucky patcher, my AV says its malware, will wait for results from a cloud check, but just be aware...
        Im running on 20181222 unrooted and have version of playstore 7.8.36, some apps are still updating.
        Hi ,

i have the same Version installed , already tried the A9 for SDCard for our Box ??? ,

stupid that there is no Version for flashing with PC to internal , much better ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i have the same Version installed , already tried the A9 for SDCard for our Box ??? ,

stupid that there is no Version for flashing with PC to internal , much better ,

greetings / gefattern
          Just can't believe someone isn't able to make a 9.0 firmware for this box.

Comment

Next week I'm already trying Android 10 for RK3399
            It's a pity these no name manufacturers don't provide any Android updates whatsoever then users are stuck with broken software.
            But if users keep on supporting the no name manufacturers with no updates, the situation won't change.
            It will only change when they all go bankrupt because no one buys their devices, only the few companies that provide updates will then be left which will be good.

Comment

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              Without some form of competition(as bad as they can be) there would be little, no fun in that
              Cheaper boxes make the better boxes look even better, YES
              Not every one can afford a Shield or better.
              Always has and always will be.
              Need more clever people working on the cheaper boxes...as bad as it maybe, as they are built to a price not a standard.

Hi ,

the PCBs are made well , only the stupid Rom support , the RK3399 PCBs are still very good ,

with new FW , without Bugs , well tweaked , it would be still a great Box ,

what about the new RK Chips , when will they released , end of the Year or when ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

You know this manufacturer of the X99-rk3399 board has added board to mainline Linux kernel, so what this means for everybody is you full support in Operating systems of Linux, like Armbian(Debían/Ubuntu)and LibreELEC. If LibreELEC doesn't have the correct DTB file, I know I saw it inside the Manjaro Linux rk3399 image, plus I am pretty sure Balbes150 includes support for this board in his Linux/LE software Images. Just something to try if you're nterested.

Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-14-2020, 22:37. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi ,

the PCBs are made well , only the stupid Rom support , the RK3399 PCBs are still very good ,

what about the new RK Chips , when will they released , end of the Year or when ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
                yeah I agree the X99 is a great box, just the firmware sucks, with android 9 it would be awesome with that firmware.Hope mo123 can do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Next week I'm already trying Android 10 for RK3399
                  It's a pity these no name manufacturers don't provide any Android updates whatsoever then users are stuck with broken software.
                  But if users keep on supporting the no name manufacturers with no updates, the situation won't change.
                  It will only change when they all go bankrupt because no one buys their devices, only the few companies that provide updates will then be left which will be good.
                  Hopefully you can fix it.

Comment

Hi ,

Mo123 make this Roms for Raxda i think , not for this Box ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,
                      greetings / gefattern
                      Most likely before Holiday season, but don't expect new chip to a debugged firmware until at least 6 months after release.
                      I will be investing in both new chips for sure, hopefully the SBC manufacturers adopt the new chipset immediately so I can get new boards by end of year.

Comment

Hi ,
                        Mo123 make this Roms for Raxda i think , not for this Box
                        greetings / gefattern
                        Someone posted in Mo123/Radxa thread they tried firmware booting from SDcard and it worked on H96-rk3399_box, maybe can try as well with this box, of course no guarantee WiFi, Bluetooth, or Ethernet will work if ROM is missing matching kernel drivers for this X99 device.
                        Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-14-2020, 22:47. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Someone posted in Mo123/Radxa thread they tried firmware booting from SDcard and it worked on H96-rk3399_box, maybe can try as well with this box, of course no guarantee WiFi, Bluetooth, or Ethernet will work if ROM is missing matching kernel drivers for this X99 device.
                          HI ,

yes that is possible , i tried the SDBoot with a A9 Rom , but the shit is the

not working Wifi & BT ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

yeah I agree the X99 is a great box, just the firmware sucks, with android 9 it would be awesome with that firmware.Hope mo123 can do something with it.
                            I can't do anything.
                            I don't have a sample of this box and also no source code from the manufacturer and also not going to spend 2 weeks to do free work.
                            I'm also not going to spend $170(incl. shipping & taxes)(actually $200 if you take currency devaluation into account too) to buy such a box with no support.
                            I contacted the manufacturer multiple times in the past and they never responded, if they don't need my help then they can do things on their own unfortunately.

The manufacturer also didn't add mainline kernel support, it was done by independent users.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                              The manufacturer also didn't add mainline kernel support, it was done by independent users.
                              Ok, apologies for my mistake. I saw the Linux Kernel Changelog a couple months ago and thought it was the OEM manufacturer (Chinese name) adding the board to mainline. I had a feeling it wasn't the "X99" Trademark brand, but thought it was the real OEM manufacturer of the board adding it, and I didn't dig any deeper to find the facts since I don't own this device.

Comment

Working...
                              X