Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreELEC for Skykirin X99 TV Box

Hi

I've try to port Libreelec.tv to X99 TV box.here is the current process.

here is a test firmware. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lW...XwEc257Graxv3v

but i have not yet test flashed using rockhip android tools.because i dont have a windows pc.and the virtual machine can not recoginized the maskrom mode.

here is the guessed result that will happened when you flash this firmware:

1 it can boot into libreelec.
    2 it may stuck in mask rom mode or loader mode.
    3 it may stuck in a mode that no usb device will show on pc ,and you are brick, then you need to fix it by open the box short some test point to force enter maskrom mode(i ve done hundred times)
    if it can boot to LibreELEC,you are fine. enjoy the firmware.if it stuck in mask rom. you will need to flash back to official firmware.

the reason it may stuck in maskrom mode is that i change the partition table of the device in uboot code.in a hard way if you can access uboot cmdline as i did. you can wirte gpt command to make change to the gpt table. so that the uboot can read the new gpt table.then load the kernel and rootfs.

the reason i said it may is because i didn't test in other box.i only test it in my device.and i have use three pins to let out the uart debug pins of my x99 box,as the picture shows belowed.

if you are intrested in try this out you are at your own risk.

the source code of this project is release at https://github.com/tenfar/LibreELEC.tv and most of the media part is merge from https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv

here is some pictures.

uart port:

libreelec running:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	732907
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by tenfar; 06-25-2018, 13:44.

Originally posted by tenfar View Post
    Hi

I've try to port Libreelec.tv to X99 TV box.here is the current process.

here is a test firmware. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lW...XwEc257Graxv3v

but i have not yet test flashed using rockhip android tools.because i dont have a windows pc.and the virtual machine can not recoginized the maskrom mode.

here is the guessed result that will happened when you flash this firmware:

1 it can boot into libreelec.
    2 it may stuck in mask rom mode or loader mode.
    3 it may stuck in a mode that no usb device will show on pc ,and you are brick, then you need to fix it by open the box short some test point to force enter maskrom mode(i ve done hundred times)
    if it can boot to LibreELEC,you are fine. enjoy the firmware.if it stuck in mask rom. you will need to flash back to official firmware.

the reason it may stuck in maskrom mode is that i change the partition table of the device in uboot code.in a hard way if you can access uboot cmdline as i did. you can wirte gpt command to make change to the gpt table. so that the uboot can read the new gpt table.then load the kernel and rootfs.

the reason i said it may is because i didn't test in other box.i only test it in my device.and i have use three pins to let out the uart debug pins of my x99 box,as the picture shows belowed.

if you are intrested in try this out you are at your own risk.

the source code of this project is release at https://github.com/tenfar/LibreELEC.tv and most of the media part is merge from https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv

here is some pictures.

uart port:

libreelec running:

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	732907
    Hi ,

hope you can get i working fully , nice alternative for full Time

Kodi Users on RK3399 , good luck

gefattern

Comment

I have been trying to get LibreELEC or CoreELEC installed on my RK3328 box. Only got LibreELEC 16 to work half assed, but could not get Leia to work at all.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• gefattern
        gefattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi , Mo123 made a LibreElec for RK3328 , did you tried that ??? / gefattern

tenfar
      Hi, do you know about Petitboot?
      Maybe you can find it useful or get it working?
      It can help to run LibreELEC on RK3328/RK3399 from internal EMMC instead of microsd card.
      Contribute to open-power/petitboot development by creating an account on GitHub.

Contribute to omegamoon/petitboot-rkbin development by creating an account on GitHub.

I'm interested in solutions to get LE running from EMMC.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        tenfar
        Hi, do you know about Petitboot?
        Maybe you can find it useful or get it working?
        It can help to run LibreELEC on RK3328/RK3399 from internal EMMC instead of microsd card.
        Contribute to open-power/petitboot development by creating an account on GitHub.

Contribute to omegamoon/petitboot-rkbin development by creating an account on GitHub.

I'm interested in solutions to get LE running from EMMC.
        My firmware is install to Emmc. it is not running from sdcard. that is why i change the emmc partition table.

i will look into this project anyway.

Comment

@tenfar I tried the firmware but it reboots into loader mode. I've reverted back to stock for now. Can you change it so that I don't have to run any command in command line? Thanks!

Comment

I also have the uart connected however I can't stop uboot process

Comment

Originally posted by npcomplete View Post
              I also have the uart connected however I can't stop uboot process
              the uboot has two or 3 sec , you need to press any buttons of your keyboard to send a key event to uboot uart. so it can stop.and enter uboot console.

but one of my friend said it can flash and boot to libreelec with no proble,. maybe he full format(low format) the full emmc before flash libreelec ?

or maybe it can modify uboot code to force ly wirte the new gpt table to emmc ?

Comment

tenfar, yes please modify uboot code to force it to write GPT table to emmc. That will help tremendously!!

BTW, I was able to build LE Kwiboo's lastest part6 then merge your changes on top of it. Can you also send a PR to LibreElec for basic support of this box? This will simplify patch maintenance a lot.

Thanks again!
                Last edited by npcomplete; 07-10-2018, 21:29.

Comment

hi, @npcomplete,
                  the code now is kinda mess. and Kwiboo's PR is not accept by the upsteam mainline repo yet. maybe some day when Kwiboo's PR is accept by LE,then i will spend some time to clean the code and send a PR.

and the code is still need to be change for some problem. the resolution on x99 is stuck at 1080p. the rk3399 device has two vop .vopl and vopb ,the vopb support 4 window of 4960x2160p,and the vopl only support 2 2260x1920p window. when i change the the kernel dts to force the hdmi output to use vopb the are some waves or random white dots in the screen. but when the vidoe is start playing this condition will be fixed. so there maybe something need to be fixed. and i didnt figure it out yet.
                  and the emmc gpt partition seems we only need to change parameter.txt and uboot env define about default partitions. there are a mistake i made .it can be fixed .no need to force to wirte gpt.

Comment

tenfar thanks for your message. Looking forward to the 4K fix and parameter.txt fix!
                    In the meantime, I have changed the dts so that boot priority is SD, then EMMC just like rk3399-evb board. Then I was able to flash your uboot.img to emmc, then flash img to SD card. This gives me dual boot that I want. When SD card is missing it boots from emmc, if sd card is present it boots from sd card.
                    Last edited by npcomplete; 07-14-2018, 18:42.

Comment

tenfar thanks for your message. Looking forward to the 4K fix and parameter.txt fix!
                      In the meantime, I have changed the dts so that boot priority is SD, then EMMC just like rk3399-evb board. Then I was able to flash your uboot.img to emmc, then flash img to SD card. This gives me dual boot that I want. When SD card is missing it boots from emmc, if sd card is present it boots from sd card.
                      Hello

Reading your post do you have a uboot img that I can flash on a normal android 7.x build and then boot from the SDcard ?

Please let me know as I would like to get a copy or at least understand what you edited in the uboot to allow it to do that
                      and I will edit my own Uboot.img if you can post the normal uboot.img dts code segment

Now that you can edit the uboot.img can you install twrp ?

thanks in advance

Michael T.
                      3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                      CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                      Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                      Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Look at u-boot-0006-rk3399-evb-prefer-sdcard-boot.patch. I'm not looking to install twrp yet so don't have an idea how to go about it.

Comment

Look at u-boot-0006-rk3399-evb-prefer-sdcard-boot.patch. I'm not looking to install twrp yet so don't have an idea how to go about it.
                          hello

do you have a sd card android 7.x image that is bootable for the rk3399 ?

Can I flash the uboot img you posted? And then Boot From SD card ?

I am learning sorry for so many questions

thanks in advance

Michael T.

3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                          CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                          Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                          Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Working...
                            X