Need ROM for H96MAX with a LTM8830 WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ROM for H96MAX with a LTM8830 WiFi

I've spent all day looking for the ROM that works on the H96MAX with the LTM8830 WiFi chip. I've loaded 8 different H96MAX ROMS and so far not one works for the LTM8830 WiFi.... HELP!!

My box and all the roms I have are for the ap6255 chip

Comment

Originally posted by clsA View Post
      My box and all the roms I have are for the ap6255 chip
      Hi ,

so you buyed a Clone Box of the orginal H96Max , is your Box

bricked , what about the Stockrom ??? , do not think that here

a Rom for this Version exists , good luck / gefattern

Comment

I don't know about a clone, I bought this last year and it was getting glitchy so I loaded in the ROM's I could find on FT and geekbuy. some loaded and opened but none will make the WiFi work. I don't have the stock ROM.. Trying to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by netconn View Post
          I don't know about a clone, I bought this last year and it was getting glitchy so I loaded in the ROM's I could find on FT and geekbuy. some loaded and opened but none will make the WiFi work. I don't have the stock ROM.. Trying to find it.
          check the pictures here post #21 > http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...521#post652521
          That's the real H96 Max 3399
          first picture of the back of the board shows the wifi/Bluetooth chip AP6255

like most of these boxes they could have easily changed the chip in a later production of the box, and if they never released the firmware for that change your pretty much out of luck

Comment

I bought this around Jan 2017 so it's one of the first ones but it's exactly the same as the pictures on that post, box, instructions, remote, everything. Maybe the first ones used a different chip. All I know is that none of the firmware I've loaded has worked. I would think there are lots of these out there, someone must have the firmware for the 8830 WiFi. This is why chinese products are junk.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Look at this:

I had the same issue with wi-fi when I tried R1, but a reflash to R2 fixed the wi-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Techcop50 View Post
                Look at this:
                http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...date-r1-and-r2
                I had the same issue with wi-fi when I tried R1, but a reflash to R2 fixed the wi-fi.
                You flashed this on a RK3399 with the 8830 chip? Didn't work..

Looks like this is a Qualcomm 9377 chip (LTM8830) and there are several people looking for this firmware. Some H96MAX box's have these installed. I have search for days... Nothing!! The PCB says V3.0 and the sticker says 20171219, must be the firmware version.
                Last edited by netconn; 07-04-2018, 20:13.

Comment

I bought this around Jan 2017 so it's one of the first ones but it's exactly the same as the pictures on that post, box, instructions, remote, everything. Maybe the first ones used a different chip. All I know is that none of the firmware I've loaded has worked. I would think there are lots of these out there, someone must have the firmware for the 8830 WiFi. This is why chinese products are junk.
                  looks like a totally different board to me ..mines Green not blue and the antenna is not routed the same

Comment

I added the external antenna, they don't have very good WiFi

Comment

You flashed this on a RK3399 with the 8830 chip? Didn't work..

Looks like this is a Qualcomm 9377 chip (LTM8830) and there are several people looking for this firmware. Some H96MAX box's have these installed. I have search for days... Nothing!! The PCB says V3.0 and the sticker says 20171219, must be the firmware version.
                      I don't know what wi-fi chip mine has, but the sales info said "H-1". This is what I am running now:

One of the links asks for money, try other one. Wi-fi and everything works fine now. And it came with Kodi 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Techcop50 View Post
                        I don't know what wi-fi chip mine has, but the sales info said "H-1". This is what I am running now:

One of the links asks for money, try other one. Wi-fi and everything works fine now. And it came with Kodi 18.
                        Hello

Hmax H-1 is a RK3328 NOT a RK3399 SOC ... If that is Your SOC you are in the Wrong Thread
                        that is the slow cheap Rock chip ... the NEWER Faster 6 core Chip is the RK3399 ...

Antutu Score for a RK3328 is only 32000 sh
                        Antutu Score for a RK3399 is 80000 sh

You belong in the OLD Cheap/Slow Player Thread

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rk3328-devices

Good Luck
                        Enjoy
                        Michael T.
                        3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                        CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                        Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                        Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Hi ,

please try the latest FW Geekbuying loaded here , i can see on the Picture

something about 9377 , if this is your Wifichip , you can for sure use the

latest Geekbuying FW , it supports both , look here :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4-32gb/page34

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I don't know what's going on. I've loaded 102, 124, 211, 502, 525, 526, 721 and a few ROM's from different boxes. Some will start and some wont go past the H96MAX page. The ones that start have no WiFi, the WiFi button does nothing. Searching around the forums I see there are other people that have this same problem. My WiFi chip is stamped LTM8830, searching the net on this chip it says it's based on the 9377. I've had this box a year and it came with 7.1. The tags say 20171219 and 4G+32G+9377

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post

Hello

Hmax H-1 is a RK3328 NOT a RK3399 SOC ... If that is Your SOC you are in the Wrong Thread
                              that is the slow cheap Rock chip ... the NEWER Faster 6 core Chip is the RK3399 ...

Antutu Score for a RK3328 is only 32000 sh
                              Antutu Score for a RK3399 is 80000 sh

You belong in the OLD Cheap/Slow Player Thread

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rk3328-devices

Good Luck
                              Enjoy
                              Michael T.
                              Thanks, MT. I'm new at this, I'll delve deeper next time.
                              Eddie

Comment

Working...
                              X