Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 Max RK3399 4/32gb came with 20180620 Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max RK3399 4/32gb came with 20180620 Firmware?

Just picked up a H96 max with RK3399 4/32gb box, it came with Android 7.1.2 and 20180620 firmware. (im under the impression that firmware is for the H96 max H2 with the 3328 chip) I'm having a lot of issues with it crashing and rebooting when using most apps. I Installed Aptoide since just about anything I load from GPlay crashes but im still having issues. I do have a 120mm fan sitting under the box.

Should I be using the 20180502 Firmware with this box? Curious is anyone else has had success running 20180620 Firmware with this box. Im looking to run Kodi, Netflix, Utube and some games with the box.

Any help would be appreciated, I have been lurking all over the site for about a week now and have learned a lot so thank you to all for doing what you do

Buck

flash this firmware http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/05/h...date-20180502/ it's the best one at the moment

btw where did you buy your tv-box ?

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply, 502 seems better but still having issues. I picked this box up on the big auction site from a seller in the US, I will tweak it some more but might just send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
        Ok thanks for the reply, 502 seems better but still having issues. I picked this box up on the big auction site from a seller in the US, I will tweak it some more but might just send it back.
        try SuperCeleron's android 6 or 7 rom ... they fixed allot of the problems with that box

Comment

Tried it and still having shutdown issues, the box is inconsistent. I can turn it on and watch twitch tv or utube for an hour with no problems and then click on the browser or another app and it will shutdown. I pick it up off the fan and its not hot or even warm. I will continue to work with it for awhile and see how it goes, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Tried it and still having shutdown issues, the box is inconsistent. I can turn it on and watch twitch tv or utube for an hour with no problems and then click on the browser or another app and it will shutdown. I pick it up off the fan and its not hot or even warm. I will continue to work with it for awhile and see how it goes, thanks for the reply.
            I suggest wiping the thermoconduction paste off the processor and apply a new/better one. I hope this will work for you. And also i suggest staying on the 05.02 stockfirmware for it really is the most stable one released so far.

Comment

you can also try to change AC/DC adapter to 5V/3A (recommended when using cooling fan) the originals that comes with this boxes are crappy ones

Comment

Thanks guys for the ideas, since I just bought it and know I can send it back I didnt want to open the case and start messing with it. I can change the power supply for a few $ but dont feel like throwing any $ at it since im not positive either one of those things would fix it Im just going to box it back up and return it. I will spend some more time reading the forums here before I decide what else to try. If you have any advice feel free to share it.

I appreciate the help

Comment

UPDATE : After speaking to the seller of this unit he agreed to pay for a new power supply so I decided to try that before returning the box. With the new power supply the box has been running for two days and has not rebooted or shut down so I think its safe to assume that was the issue. I am running the 502 firmware and able to use GPlay and any other app I have thrown at it with no problems.

Once again thanks for the advice I really appreciate the help.
                  Buck

Comment

UPDATE : After speaking to the seller of this unit he agreed to pay for a new power supply so I decided to try that before returning the box. With the new power supply the box has been running for two days and has not rebooted or shut down so I think its safe to assume that was the issue. I am running the 502 firmware and able to use GPlay and any other app I have thrown at it with no problems.

Once again thanks for the advice I really appreciate the help.
                    Buck
                    Glad you got it working because this box plays everything I use it for really great

Comment

Hi, any new firmware available after 20180713 for this RK3399 H96 Max board?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bernd18 View Post
                        Hi, any new firmware available after 20180713 for this RK3399 H96 Max board?

Nope. 20180713 is the last one released apparently.

Comment

sadly , I was really hoping for something usable by now

Comment

So it seems that the less capable h96 max pro/plus has longer sw support compared to it's big brother. Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                            X