Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my H96 MAX is defective ...

Hello Friends:

I have had my H96 MAX box now for perhaps 8-months.

I know how to flash ROMs, TWRP, Titanium Backup & Restore and all of that. I've done it more times than I would like.

But no matter what I do to flash my H96 MAX box, it invariably hangs somewhere (after I tried to boot it), but differs on where it hangs each time.

I gave up on the box for several months, then checked back here to see if a new ROM was released,
    There was, so I tried once more today. No luck

Here's what I've done and used ...

================================================== ==
    I have tried these ROMs:
    rk3399_7.1_hcy_stb_ap6255_170721.img
    rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_P_A_E_1.5M648M_ear_180102.im g
    rk3399_H96_4+32G_max_170526.img
    rk3399_H96max_7.1_v1.2.0_power_180502.img <--------- I tried this one today.

I have tried these Batch (burning) tool revisions.
    Both work fine (they burn successfully). However during my troubleshooting, I just want to mention that I burned
    using both "UPGRADE" and "RESTORE" modes, just in case. It made no difference, but I wanted to try it.
    RKBatchTool-v1.45e
    RKBatchTool-v1.8e

I also have:
    -- Performed a factory reset, wipe, format (etc, etc, etc) while booted into recovery BEFORE burning ROMs (just to start clean).
    -- Used the Windows DriverAssitant_v4.5. My MS-Windows has no problems recognizing the device.

In the end, no matter what combination of things I try, the box will hang somewhere:
    -- On the initial H96 MAX banner logo
    -- On the second H96 MAX banner logo (smaller version that appears after the initial larger one)
    -- On the screen that has moving O-rings and says "Erasing"
    -- On the "Application Initialization" screen. I only got that far once! Most of the times it hands in the H96 MAX logo
    -- etc

Am I missing something here? I'm about to toss this box out. (._.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT1: Above, RKBatchTool-v1.45e should instead read, Factory Tool v1.45
    Last edited by nyceyes; 07-28-2018, 21:35.

check

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...016#post737016
    and
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...790#post733790

Comment

Try rk3399_H96max_7.1_v1.2.0_power_180502.img with FactoryTool-v1.45e, not RKBatchTool...

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
        Try rk3399_H96max_7.1_v1.2.0_power_180502.img with FactoryTool-v1.45e, not RKBatchTool...
        freakkid Thank you. My bad. My v1.45e tool was the FactoryTool, not RKBatchTool. I accidentally pasted and misnamed it. I will edit my original post to correct this. But yeah, I tried your suggestion, too.

EDIT: Although looking at this page, there seems to be newer versions of the Factory Tool that I haven't tried. Hmmm. Maybe I'll try the latest one (which as of this writing is v5.0).

Comment

Hi guys

Just to let you know that i had the same problem with H96 max (rk3399) and I SOLVED IT.
          After a firmware manual upgrade the box hungs up on the start up logo ( the image was distorted).

I fixed it with this combination:
          AndoidTool v 2.5.2
          and tis firmware: rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713 (this same firmware didnt work with the other tools i tried (factorytool, rktool).

I did an Eraseflash with the androidtool first (with said Failed, but the flash of the firmware worked.).

I will flash another firmware because this one looks older (with a black yaskbafr at the bottom (like the one of huawei phones).

Peace from Morocco

Comment

I'm going through the same problem, I only used it for only 1 month and it gave problem, I never managed to solve it, I already tried everything that is in this post

Comment

I've had my one H96 Max (RK3399) since last year and working great without issue on 5/2/2018 firmware (Board dated 5/2018)...
              I decided to purchase another for a different location. The one I received about a week ago came with a board dated 6/2017...
              At first I loaded the 5/2 firmware on the box...I was having problems with the second box freezing...I decided to try the 7/13 firmware
              from Chinese Gadgets website...It worked much better but was still having some freezing...I added a fan like I use on my other H96Max
              but that didn't make a difference...Then I noticed that it would freeze doing a test on speedtest.net...LIGHT BULB!!!! I changed my Netgear
              router's 5Ghz speed down to the lowest AC speed (Like up to 235Mbps)....Have not had one freeze since doing that.
              BTW I also had tried running the 5v 3 Amp power supply I had run on my original H96Max...That made the box freezing worse but I did not
              have a fan on it at the time so that might have made the difference. After loading the 7/13 firmware on the second box and getting that all working
              great I decided to bite the bullet on the other box and load 7/13 firmware as well...Now both working great on 7/13 firmware. Decided to go back to
              running 5v 2Amp original power supply on both and both running a 280mm fan located under the units. Additional cooling holes drilled on the bottom
              of both units. Both units now rock solid and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
                I've had my one H96 Max (RK3399) since last year and working great without issue on 5/2/2018 firmware (Board dated 5/2018)...
                I decided to purchase another for a different location. The one I received about a week ago came with a board dated 6/2017...
                At first I loaded the 5/2 firmware on the box...I was having problems with the second box freezing...I decided to try the 7/13 firmware
                from Chinese Gadgets website...It worked much better but was still having some freezing...I added a fan like I use on my other H96Max
                but that didn't make a difference...Then I noticed that it would freeze doing a test on speedtest.net...LIGHT BULB!!!! I changed my Netgear
                router's 5Ghz speed down to the lowest AC speed (Like up to 235Mbps)....Have not had one freeze since doing that.
                BTW I also had tried running the 5v 3 Amp power supply I had run on my original H96Max...That made the box freezing worse but I did not
                have a fan on it at the time so that might have made the difference. After loading the 7/13 firmware on the second box and getting that all working
                great I decided to bite the bullet on the other box and load 7/13 firmware as well...Now both working great on 7/13 firmware. Decided to go back to
                running 5v 2Amp original power supply on both and both running a 280mm fan located under the units. Additional cooling holes drilled on the bottom
                of both units. Both units now rock solid and fast.
                Link Firmware please

Comment

Tried to answer this the other day but couldn't get logged in...Finally figured it out I had to turn OFF STRICT PRIVACY...Once I did that I got right in here...

Here's the download link for 7/13 firmware but I have changed back to 5/2 firmware which I've found to be more stable...

Here's the page for the 5/2 firmware and flash tools...

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for H96 MAX RK3399 TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash Tool Driver Assistant Flash guide, please refer to: H96 MAX Upgrade All Steps Have fun ! Note: This firmware is suitable for H96 MAX 6255 and 9377 WiFi module TV Box. May 5, 2018sharon What’s your Reaction? +1 0 […]

Comment

Our Friend Mabouhou

Good Day to you, very happy, that you solved your box problem, and very kind of you to share the thoughts here in this great forum, in this matter of these clone boxes. any kind of info would be most useful to know.

I had same headache issue, but mine it's H96 Max H2 4gb - 64 gb, same loop issue and when enter to recovery mode which does't work well and it appears E:/mount cahe failed.

Now, please can you share the Android Tool 2.5.2 you had here for us to use it, cause it's not there in the web anymore, I searched very well. Please and did you use windows 10 or another system, let us know some details.

All the best for you and all people here. My regards JacobDroid

Comment

Working...
                    X