Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nova Launcher crashes on H96MAX running latest Android v7.1.2 stock firmware / ROM ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nova Launcher crashes on H96MAX running latest Android v7.1.2 stock firmware / ROM ...

Hello Friends:

Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere on here, but I could not find it (apologies if it has).

I have a H96MAX (H96 MAX) box running this Android v7.1.2 Stock ROM / firmware: rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK_648M_ear_180713.img (link below)

That stock ROM / firmware (which incidentally comes pre-rooted) run well.

My only issue is that Nova Launcher (and Nova Launcher Prime) keeps crashing, and the native launcher sucks.
    (._.)

I tried:
    • Uninstalling & Reinstalling Nova Launcher (and rebooting)
    • Clearing its cache (and rebooting and started configuring it again from scratch, after which it crashes not long after)
    • Manually giving it permissions to Storage and Phone

It just doesn't seem to like Android v7.1.2 perhaps.

Has anyone seen (and hopefully fixed) this?

Thank you in advance!
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post
    Hello Friends:

Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere on here, but I could not find it (apologies if it has).

I have a H96MAX (H96 MAX) box running this Android v7.1.2 Stock ROM / firmware: rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK_648M_ear_180713.img (link below)

That stock ROM / firmware (which incidentally comes pre-rooted) run well.

My only issue is that Nova Launcher (and Nova Launcher Prime) keeps crashing, and the native launcher sucks.
    (._.)

I tried:
    • Uninstalling & Reinstalling Nova Launcher (and rebooting)
    • Clearing its cache (and rebooting and started configuring it again from scratch, after which it crashes not long after)
    • Manually giving it permissions to Storage and Phone

It just doesn't seem to like Android v7.1.2 perhaps.

Has anyone seen (and hopefully fixed) this?

Thank you in advance!
    Hi ,

did you tried to convert NovaLauncher to system App / Launcher ???

I use ApexLauncher as SystemLauncher on my X99 ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you tried to convert NovaLauncher to system App / Launcher ???

I use ApexLauncher as SystemLauncher on my X99 ,

greetings / gefattern
      Hello:

And thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by convert to App / Launcher, but if you mean when it asked me to select which launcher to use, yes I selected Nova Launcher.

Maybe I'll have to use another launcher (which means learning another launcher (._.))

Thank you.

Comment

Hello:

And thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by convert to App / Launcher, but if you mean when it asked me to select which launcher to use, yes I selected Nova Launcher.

Maybe I'll have to use another launcher (which means learning another launcher (._.))

Thank you.
        Hi ,

with "root" it is possible to change the stock Launcher with one u want , u only have to use a App

like System App Changer (example) and convert the Launcher u want to SystemApp , after that u

can delete the other one from System folder and restart , then u have the Launcher u like as your

MainLauncher , maybe this helps , but i think you are not alone with this Problem , no guarantee ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

with "root" it is possible to change the stock Launcher with one u want , u only have to use a App

like System App Changer (example) and convert the Launcher u want to SystemApp , after that u

can delete the other one from System folder and restart , then u have the Launcher u like as your

MainLauncher , maybe this helps , but i think you are not alone with this Problem , no guarantee ,

good luck / gefattern
          Hi:

Thank you.

I don't want to delete the main Launcher because if this has problems that I don't have any Launcher that works.

One thing: I have tried about 6 different launchers now, and they all crash so I don't thinks it's just Nova Launcher. It's something else that is preventing a switch
          from the original Launcher to any other new Launcher. All of them start and quickly crash. So something is preventing this change.

Hmmm.

Thank you.

Comment

• gefattern
            gefattern commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi , on my X99/RK3399 Apexlauncher runs well / gefattern

I paid for Nova Launcher and its my favorite but i can't get it to work.
          I tried many launchers and none worked except one, Microsoft Launcher.
          It works perfectly and is virtually identical to Nova Launcher.
          Try it and maybe you will like it

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post
            I paid for Nova Launcher and its my favorite but i can't get it to work.
            I tried many launchers and none worked except one, Microsoft Launcher.
            It works perfectly and is virtually identical to Nova Launcher.
            Try it and maybe you will like it
            @kurt6916 I paid for Nova Launcher Prime, too, and it's my favorite, too. Good news! Your recommendation to try Microsoft Launcher worked. \o/ As you said, it is more or less the same as Nova Launcher Prime, so I was able to get my TV Home Screen to look/feel/behave exactly as it did with Nova Launcher Prime (which I was using before I upgraded my H96 Max ROM).

So for those who upgrade to the latest H96 Max v7.1.2 ROM and have this issue, try Microsoft Launcher.

Thank you Kurt and thank you @gefattern for jumping in and offering your suggestions, too. I appreciated it.

Comment

@kurt6916 I paid for Nova Launcher Prime, too, and it's my favorite, too. Good news! Your recommendation to try Microsoft Launcher worked. \o/ As you said, it is more or less the same as Nova Launcher Prime, so I was able to get my TV Home Screen to look/feel/behave exactly as it did with Nova Launcher Prime (which I was using before I upgraded my H96 Max ROM).

So for those who upgrade to the latest H96 Max v7.1.2 ROM and have this issue, try Microsoft Launcher.

Thank you Kurt and thank you @gefattern for jumping in and offering your suggestions, too. I appreciated it.
              You're welcome. Glad it's working for you. I almost returned the box when nova launcher didn't work because I really like it over any of the other launchers. I was pretty happy to find out Microsoft launcher works and is so similar to nova

Comment

SquareHome 2 work for me MK39 rk3399

Comment

Originally posted by pepote666 View Post
                  SquareHome 2 work for me MK39 rk3399
                  Thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                  X