Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't install TWRP on my H96 Max. I've tried every technique I know of, and none are working for H96 Max ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install TWRP on my H96 Max. I've tried every technique I know of, and none are working for H96 Max ...

Hello Friends:
    • Developer mode is enabled and so is USB debugging (enabled).
    • The ADB drivers for Windows 10 -- ones that I could find anyway -- are installed. If you have the latest one for H96 Max please let me know.
    • After disabling my Windows 10 firewall and antivirus (just in case), and with the H96 Max fully booted, plugging its USB port (the blue one) it into my Windows 10 PC and issuing adb devices starts the adb daemon but does not recognize the device.
    • The next thing I tried, is copying what I believe is a TWRP image for H96 Max (from TWRPbuilder build) into the root directory of a SDcard as recovery.img, then powered it on with the reset button pressed in. This is supposed to boot that TWRP image, but it doesn't. It just keeps going round and round (H96 Max Banner, then power cycles; H96 Max Banner, then power cycles; etc).
    I'm at my wits end. This should be easy. Does anyone have distraction-free definitive instructions (and nothing else to distract from it) on:
    1. Where to download the latest Windows 10 adb drivers for H96 Max
    2. Where to download the latest available TWRP for H96 max (or a known working one)
    3. Working instructions -- bulletproof instructions -- for how to access the adb device on the Windows PC CLI for H96 Max and then install TWRP.
      1. I know the commands, but I simply cannot get the device to probe / list.
    4. Alternatively, how to do it via recovery.img in the root directory of a SDcard.
    I have not seen anything this clear and definitive. Just fragments that don't work. This should be so easy. It's not cutting edge stuff.
    Is it the driver? If possible, point me to one that you tried and absolutely works; as well as a TWRP image.

I tried everything I know.

Thank You in advance.

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post
    Hello Friends:
    • Developer mode is enabled and so is USB debugging (enabled).
    • The ADB drivers for Windows 10 -- ones that I could find anyway -- are installed. If you have the latest one for H96 Max please let me know.
    • After disabling my Windows 10 firewall and antivirus (just in case), and with the H96 Max fully booted, plugging its USB port (the blue one) it into my Windows 10 PC and issuing adb devices starts the adb daemon but does not recognize the device.
    • The next thing I tried, is copying what I believe is a TWRP image for H96 Max (from TWRPbuilder build) into the root directory of a SDcard as recovery.img, then powered it on with the reset button pressed in. This is supposed to boot that TWRP image, but it doesn't. It just keeps going round and round (H96 Max Banner, then power cycles; H96 Max Banner, then power cycles; etc).

I'm at my wits end. This should be easy. Does anyone have distraction-free definitive instructions (and nothing else to distract from it) on:
    1. Where to download the latest Windows 10 adb drivers for H96 Max
    2. Where to download the latest available TWRP for H96 max (or a known working one)
    3. Working instructions -- bulletproof instructions -- for how to access the adb device on the Windows PC CLI for H96 Max and then install TWRP.
      1. I know the commands, but I simply cannot get the device to probe / list.
    4. Alternatively, how to do it via recovery.img in the root directory of a SDcard.

I have not seen anything this clear and definitive. Just fragments that don't work. This should be so easy. It's not cutting edge stuff.
    Is it the driver? If possible, point me to one that you tried and absolutely works; as well as a TWRP image.

I tried everything I know.

Thank You in advance.
    As far as I recall you don't use TWRP on this box
    you use FactoryTool and flash firmware to the box
    theirs a video here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzBd...ature=youtu.be

RKbatchtool also works you'll also need Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.x installed on your pc

Comment

Originally posted by clsA View Post

As far as I recall you don't use TWRP on this box
      you use FactoryTool and flash firmware to the box
      theirs a video here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzBd...ature=youtu.be

RKbatchtool also works you'll also need Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.x installed on your pc
      Thank you @clsA I definitely know how to flash the ROM (I've done it several times successfully). But I want to be able to do NANDROID backups and restores. This allows me to tinker without having to do file-level backups with Titanium Backups -- which I love, but for this case I want NANDROID backups.

Comment

Working...
      X