Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube for Android TV Box APK on H96 MAX gets corrupt package error during attempted installation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube for Android TV Box APK on H96 MAX gets corrupt package error during attempted installation ...

Hello Friends:

According to the DROID HARDWARE INFO app, the H96 MAX has an architecture of arm64-v8a.

So I downloaded and tried both NODPI APKs for arm64-v8a available on this site (for the YouTube app):Sadly, the APK package installer (in both cases) complains as follows: App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

This usually happens when you accidentally download the incorrect architecture version, but I didn't in this case.

This is my first attempt at installing the YouTube app on my (recently acquired) H96 MAX box running Android 7.1.2.

Has anyone seen problem? Ideas?

Thank you!

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post
    Hello Friends:

According to the DROID HARDWARE INFO app, the H96 MAX has an architecture of arm64-v8a.

So I downloaded and tried both NODPI APKs for arm64-v8a available on this site (for the YouTube app):Sadly, the APK package installer (in both cases) complains as follows: App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

This usually happens when you accidentally download the incorrect architecture version, but I didn't in this case.

This is my first attempt at installing the YouTube app on my (recently acquired) H96 MAX box running Android 7.1.2.

Thank you!
    Hi ,

why you not install YT from the Aptoide APK , or PlayStore , and a ATV APK can not work on a stock Rom .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hello:

This is a different version of YouTube that Google makes and is not available in the PlayStore. It is made for TV boxes with Android and, among other things, allows you to CAST to it. The regular YouTube doesn't.

Also, on my previous box (Amlogic EM95X / S905X) running Android 6.x then later 7.x ROMs, these APKs always worked fine.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post
        Hello Friends:

So I downloaded and tried both NODPI APKs for arm64-v8a available on this site (for the YouTube app):
        Sadly, the APK package installer (in both cases) complains as follows: App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

Thank you!
        I just downloaded 13.35.51 (1335513400), arm64-v8a released September 1st and it works fine. It says its the newest version. Have you tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post

I just downloaded 13.35.51 (1335513400), arm64-v8a released September 1st and it works fine. It says its the newest version. Have you tried it?
          Hi again Kurt,

Thank you. No I hadn't tried it but just did after reading your reply. Yours worked but I got an unexpected / new result (behavior):

It appears to be the regular YouTube app that you can download from the Google PlayStore. When I launched it, it is indistinguishable from regular YouTube. I confirmed this by checking my app drawer and -- expecting two YouTube apps -- I only see one. Just in case, I uninstalled it (the only one present) then reinstalled the downloaded APK. Same result: It's the regular YouTube on Google PlayStore - which I confirmed because the Google PlayStore said it was installed again, after I installed the APK.

Usually this is a different version with a totally different look/feel/UI and allows you to CAST to it. It's made for TV interaction.

Do you see this result too? (Same as retgula YouTube)?

Hmm... I wonder if this is just a mistaken build or if Google is depreciating it

Thank you

Comment

Are you looking for the version like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utube.tv&hl=en.

I think that's Android TV version

Also this is it to i believe https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...tv-android-tv/

Sorry i dont know how to make links clickable lol. Oops after posting i just realized links become automatically clickable

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post
              Are you looking for the version like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utube.tv&hl=en.

I think that's Android TV version

Also this is it to i believe https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...tv-android-tv/

Sorry i dont know how to make links clickable lol. Oops after posting i just realized links become automatically clickable

No, it's definitely not that (exactly what I don't want LoL). That is YouTube for Android TV -- basically Google's paid YouTube service on TV.

Here is the description of what is usually on the APKMIRROR site (and what I always get when I download it, except today):
              https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...e/#description

See... This doesn't require paid YouTube TV. It's simply a better client for big TVs.

I think I just have to wait for a few nightly releases before the corrected one reappears. I think their build process has been accidentally posting incorrect builds lately. So I'll wait a week or so. No big deal.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah i hate YouTube for Android TV to. I'm not familiar with the one you are talking about but I hope you find it

Comment

Install youtube red. It's very easy to use : https://www.androidappbd.com/youtube...-apk-mod-full/

Comment

Hi ,

why not using VancedYT App , good too ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                    X