• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

Thanks+

therefore I'v found English version AndroidTool v2.51

MagicSee said that do not use other Tool!! use this v2.51

Note;tried yr config.setting but its still Chinese!
    such as all main-menu figures Chinese
    any trick?

But anyway when my Box arrived than I'll try to your first Tool
    Hi ,

i am nearly sure you can use any AndroidTool from Version 2.35 above ,

same for Factorytool , the VersionNr 1.63 is only fake , the Log still says

it is 1.5 Version , but for sure good for your needs , RK flashing is always

the same , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Yesterday after a long time communications the Gearbest sent me the new firmware.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

It is exactly the same as used in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQBZAj5tzdI&app=desktop

I used the​​​​​​ suggested Create Upgrade Disk tool https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gi3...A6czQ_fGy/view

At first it was in Chinese until I copied it and run from C:\1\ And it did not flashed normally until I used 8Gb class 4 SD card. The 32Gb card did not work for me.

The card created around 10min . The flashing process around 25min.

The problem with Login/create account resolved. And is seems the new video resolution added 4K 24Hz and 49Hz I am not sure.

Comment

great promo for this tv-box on gearvita.com 100$ with coupon code and tax free shipping to europe anyone have any opinion on this store shop is it legit ?

Comment

A123

Hi

seems that you have used "SD Card" method for ugrading

My Box not arrived yet,awaiting for a while,but I'm wondering that how I do flash PC-USB Burning Tool method?
          I do not want to flash with SD Card! its more difficult on this way,I'm not sure which one is more suitable and easy!

MagicSee sent me Tool but its Chinese! asked to them how is it change but they do not respond me!
          I still do not which Tool etc., do I need

Bye++

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
            great promo for this tv-box on gearvita.com 100$ with coupon code and tax free shipping to europe anyone have any opinion on this store shop is it legit ?
            price is good BUT pls wait a little while!
            we have to see "user's" comments!!

think about that a firmware has without Google account access procedure!! WTF
            need upgrade,like a joke!

Not allowed to sign in Google account! and than manufacturer release a firmware!

Also kinda difficult flashing!
            No such any further info!

So wait and dont buy this unit at present!

Comment

A123

Hi

My Box not arrived yet,awaiting for a while,but I'm wondering that how I do flash PC-USB Burning Tool method?
              I do not want to flash with SD Card! its more difficult on this way,I'm not sure which one is more suitable and easy!

MagicSee sent me Tool but its Chinese! asked to them how is it change but they do not respond me!

Bye++
              Hi ,

once more , it is a Rockchip Device , RK Boxes can be flashed with AndroidTool , Batchtool & Factorytool ,

not important what Tool , most use AndroidTool & Factorytool ,best to use the latest Version , of course

for Drivers too , RK stock flashing is easy every Child could do , greetings / gefattern

Comment

price is good BUT pls wait a little while!
                we have to see "user's" comments!!

think about that a firmware has without Google account access procedure!! WTF
                need upgrade,like a joke!

Not allowed to sign in Google account! and than manufacturer release a firmware!

Also kinda difficult flashing!
                No such any further info!

So wait and dont buy this unit at present!
                Hi , first you are impressed & now you say other Users they shall not buy , & is the

Google Log In Bug not already fixed with latest Rom , A123 postet in #62 ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                  Hi ,

you decide , Log in Bug , is fixed with latest Rom , look Post #62 ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

A123

Hi

Bye++
                    Hi! The Box can be flashed with Usb Burning Tool. Or other tools as Gefattern mentioned -I am not an expert. You can find many YouTube tutorials. For H96max for example. You need some drivers on computer and "special" USB cable not too long. I never did that.
                    For me the SD card method is easyest. You create the bootable card with one click of mouse. Then insert it into TV Box and turn on the power. After some time you will see the message like Please remove the card. Thats all.

Regarding your Chinese Burning Tool. It may be it can not find its config file. Try to run it from C:\*** .
                    *** - the directory where you unpack the Tool

Comment

If you press and hold the small Reset Button on the back side of the Box and then power it on you will see the Android Recovery menu: see photo... I CAN NOT UPLOAD THE PHOTO to forum- it "not valid image file..." I tried to rename it to edit and save, to reboot computer, but still can not upload. ..

The one of the Android Recovery Menu items is: Apply Update From SD Card

Anybody know can it be used to Update firmware?
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by A123 View Post
                        If you press and hold the small Reset Button on the back side of the Box and then power it on you will see the Android Recovery menu: see photo... I CAN NOT UPLOAD THE PHOTO to forum- it "not valid image file..." I tried to rename it to edit and save, to reboot computer, but still can not upload. ..

The one of the Android Recovery Menu items is: Apply Update From SD Card

Anybody know can it be used to Update firmware?
                        Hi ,

first no it is only stock Recovery , is it correct , you now need no help to flash

your Box ??? , but you can believe me , flash with PC is easy ,

​​​​​​​so if help is needed ask , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks! the Box works with new firmware

Comment

Regarding your Chinese Burning Tool. It may be it can not find its config file. Try to run it from C:\*** .
                            *** - the directory where you unpack the Tool....

Hi,my Tool now on Desktop and when I opened this file that there is one Application program than click it and opened Chinese Tool
                            I do not understand C/.......
                            So I do not it to change language

++

Therefore do you have any recommandation for the SD Card type/Size/Brand etc.,?
                            I have some SD Cards too
                            But I need Card Reader too(my Desktop PC does not any slot for the SD Card)

++

MagicSee do not told me any "DRIVERS"
                            they just gave me only "Android Tool v2.51"(Chinese)??

And gave me SD Card flashing Tools "Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.53(English)

Comment

Hi ,

use latest Factorytool , u already flashed your X99 , it is really the same way , try and you will see ,

but this Box maybe use the USB Port for flashing i do not know , u must test ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

*** - the directory where you unpack the Tool....

Hi,my Tool now on Desktop and when I opened this file that there is one Application program than click it and opened Chinese Tool
                                I do not understand C/.......
                                So I do not it to change language

++

Therefore do you have any recommandation for the SD Card type/Size/Brand etc.,?
                                I have some SD Cards too
                                But I need Card Reader too(my Desktop PC does not any slot for the SD Card)

++

MagicSee do not told me any "DRIVERS"
                                they just gave me only "Android Tool v2.51"(Chinese)??

And gave me SD Card flashing Tools "Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool v1.53(English)
                                Hi!
                                I used low-end Apacer SD card class 4 8Gb https://www.****.co.uk/p/Apacer-Ap8g...ptor/766473802
                                You can try any other micro SD 4 8 or 16Gb. The 32Gb did not work for me for a some reason.

You can try any card reader from $1 https://www.****.co.uk/itm/0164-989E...IAAOSwuNNb7ApJ the **** is e-b-a-y

The Create upgrade disk tool. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gi3...A6czQ_fGy/view

The Tool on my computer (Windows 7) did not work from desktop. I moved it with its folder from /Desktop/Create Upgrade.... to C:/Create Upgrade....
                                Last edited by A123; 12-13-2018, 15:47. Reason: Link corrected

Comment

Working...
                                X