Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yundoo Y8 Autoboot request, Please Help

Hi,

So I'm hoping someone can help I'm using the superceleron ROM, SCV1 7.1.2, I recently decided to repurpose this box for my car media, and i am trying to make the box boot automatically when it receives power. I have learned that I will need to modify the init.rc file in the boot image, however i have been unable to successfully access it with tools for other RK boxes.

I can see that the init.rc has parameter to watch for the button push before booting. Is there any way you could help me with getting it to autoboot when plugged in? Or point me to the information I need to edit the boot image properly and recompile. I have a copy of the ROM image, and i think i have a pulled version of the boot image from the device, but i can't seem to get any meaningful info when i unpack the boot img, the ramdisk is empty.

Ultimately what i would like to do is have the box power up automatically when the car turns on. The screen does have a hood that opens and closes so i was exploring the possibility of adding a microcontroller to turn the screen on and off, but that is a separate issue. I have programmed a custom button array for Home/Back/Recents/media player, and notifications, so if i could find a shortcut for standby mode, that would be helpful too, but a secondary issue to auto power on.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Bump

Comment

Working...
    X