Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX :: Using the HDMI port and the Audio signal of the A/V port simultaneously ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 MAX :: Using the HDMI port and the Audio signal of the A/V port simultaneously ...

Hello Friends:

What I have:
    I have the HDMI port of my H96 MAX connect directly to my TV -- because my Yamaha R-N602 stereo has no HDMI input/output capability.
    I then feed an audio output signal from my TV into that same Yamaha R-N602, and that is how I get my amplified audio.

What I want:
    I will keep the HDMI connection unchanged.
    However, I want to feed the Audio signal of the H96 MAX A/V port directly into the Yamaha R-N602 stereo (versus getting it from the TV, as described above).

So, is it possible to do this? Meaning, while having the HDMI port connected directly to the TV for video only; and simultaneously have the Audio component of the A/V port directly connected to my stereo. Will they both work at the same time? Or will some auto-sensing mechanism disable one of the two.

Thank you!

Please Correct me but the Yellow Port is Video??? i dont think its Audio

Comment

Originally posted by dnlln15 View Post
      Please Correct me but the Yellow Port is Video??? i dont think its Audio
      I tried this port "I have no Sound there"

Comment

Originally posted by dnlln15 View Post

I tried this port "I have no Sound there"
        I think you need a special A/V cable that splits audio and video.

Comment

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post

I think you need a special A/V cable that splits audio and video.
          Hi .

no possibility for optical cable on your Yamaha ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi .

no possibility for optical cable on your Yamaha ???

greetings / gefattern
            Yes there optical inputs: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/98...2.html?page=15
            The manual says: Only PCM signals can be input to the digital (OPTICAL/COAXIAL) jacks of this unit.

So:
            1. Can I use the optical audio output at the same time I'm using HDMI? This must be answered first!
            2. Per the above, is the H96 MAX optical audio output a PCM signal?
            Thank you!
            Last edited by nyceyes; 11-14-2018, 08:41.

Comment

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post

Yes there optical inputs: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/98...2.html?page=15
              The manual says: Only PCM signals can be input to the digital (OPTICAL/COAXIAL) jacks of this unit.

So:
              1. Can I use the optical audio output at the same time I'm using HDMI? This must be answered first!
              2. Per the above, is the H96 MAX optical audio output a PCM signal?
              Thank you!

Hi ,

to 1 , think not because you must choose what Audio output you want to use / default / Optical / HDMI ,

to 2 , think well , because what your manual says , so it must PCM , but i am no PRO with Audio ,

i have my optical Wire in the TV , all connected Devices give the Sound out over optical Wire , until now

i use a simple 5to1 HDMI Switch , hope the 6to2 comes fast , ordered one from China ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Yes you can use the HDMI as well as the OPTICAL Audio Out at the same time.
                This is what I do...The HDMI is used for the Audio/Video for the TV...And the
                optical audio output I feed to a speaker. Since the speaker does not have a optical input
                I use an inexpensive DAC to take the optical audio input and output analog (RCA connections)
                to the external speaker. This way if I am streaming audio (Pandora, Spotify, Or Kodi) I can
                listen to the audio without having the TV on. Or I can have both the TV and the external speaker on
                at the same time for when I am watching a movie or sporting event.

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
                  Yes you can use the HDMI as well as the OPTICAL Audio Out at the same time.
                  This is what I do...The HDMI is used for the Audio/Video for the TV...And the
                  optical audio output I feed to a speaker. Since the speaker does not have a optical input
                  I use an inexpensive DAC to take the optical audio input and output analog (RCA connections)
                  to the external speaker. This way if I am streaming audio (Pandora, Spotify, Or Kodi) I can
                  listen to the audio without having the TV on. Or I can have both the TV and the external speaker on
                  at the same time for when I am watching a movie or sporting event.
                  motox22a This is an excellent reply and well written. Exactly was I was looking for. But just to be sure, let me ask double-check.

I have a HDMI cable from the box to my TV. Then I take an audio out port from my TV and feed it to my stereo for the audio signal (my speakers are connected to the stereo -- Yamaha R-N602). (NOTE: I never use my TV speakers). But I don't want to use that TV-to-STEREO audio/RCA cable anymore because it requires that the TV (the screen) always be on. Instead, I now want to use an optical cable from the box straight into my stereo (again Yamaha R-N602). So that, just like you, I'll get audio whether or not the TV is on.

In other words, if I'm watching TV or a movie, I get audio.
                  And if I turn the TV on just to launch Android Pandora/Spotify/DI.FM (etc) and then turn the TV back off, I still get audio (because now it doesn't depend on the TV being on).

Did I interpret you correctly?

P.S. My Yamaha R-N602 says this on the manual:
                  Only PCM signals can be input to the digital (OPTICAL/COAXIAL) jacks of this unit.

Will this work with the H96MAX digital output? Does it output PCM signal? Sorry, I never worked with digital cables and audio, so I'm kind of in the dark. (._.)
                  And what kind of cable (end-to-end)?

Thank You!
                  Last edited by nyceyes; 11-25-2018, 00:50.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in my response. I don't check here very often. Yes what you stated should be fine. Use the correct toslink optical cable from your H96Max to your Yamaha and you should have audio. Even if there's a digital signal issue you can always do like I did with my speaker and just use an inexpensive DAC to convert to RCA analog Left+Right and input that into your receiver. But the Digital Toslink should work for your Yamaha receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
                      Sorry for the delay in my response. I don't check here very often. Yes what you stated should be fine. Use the correct toslink optical cable from your H96Max to your Yamaha and you should have audio. Even if there's a digital signal issue you can always do like I did with my speaker and just use an inexpensive DAC to convert to RCA analog Left+Right and input that into your receiver. But the Digital Toslink should work for your Yamaha receiver.
                      Thank you. And sorry for my delay, too. I don't check often as well. LoL Everything worked perfectly. Thank you so much for walking me through it. I really appreciate it. Warm Regards!

Comment

Working...
                      X