• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 8.1 SDK for Rk3399

Android 8.1

Googled around and found
    Firefly-rk3399_Android8.1_git_sdk_20180901

More useful to devs who could or would recompile???

64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 is officially recommended. Yet newer 64 bit Linux OS is also supported, providing the requirements of software and hardware in http://source.android.com/source/building.html are met.

To initialize compiling environment, please reference http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html .
    • Install OpenJDK 8:

sudo add-apt-repository ppapenjdk-r/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk
    • Ubuntu 12.04 packages install:

sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \ zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \ libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \ g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos gcc-multilib ia32-libs \ python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386
    • Ubuntu 13.10/14.04 packages install:

sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev \ libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl \ libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev pngcrush schedtool libxml2 libxml2-utils \ xsltproc lzop libc6-dev schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev \ lib32readline-gplv2-dev gcc-multilib libswitch-perl
    • Install ARM cross compiling toolchain and related package to compile Linux kernel:

sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf \ lzop libncurses5-dev \ libssl1.0.0 libssl-dev Download Android SDK

The size of SDK is huge. Please download Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.001/002 from the following cloud storage:
    Please check the md5 checksum before proceeding:
    $ md5sum /path/to/Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.001 $ md5sum /path/to/Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.002 8efed8db2687a395df0c0d2791202cc0 Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.001 05b5db991bbb9b763d330fa476f2ed76 Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.002
    If it is correct, uncompress it:
    cd ~/proj/ 7z x ./Firefly-RK3399_Android8.1_git_SDK_20180901.7z.001 -oFirefly-rk3399 cd ./Firefly-rk3399 git reset --hard
    Attention: You must first update the remote repository after decompression .
    From now on, you can pull from gitlab:
    git remote add gitlab https://gitlab.com/TeeFirefly/firenow-oreo-rk3399.git git pull gitlab firefly-rk3399:firefly-rk3399
    You can also browse the source codes online at https://gitlab.com/TeeFirefly/firenow-oreo-rk3399# Use Firefly's script to compile

• Only compile the kernel:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/ ./FFTools/make.sh -k -j8
    • Only compile the Uboot:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/ ./FFTools/make.sh -u -j8
    • Only compile the Android:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/ ./FFTools/make.sh -a -j8
    • Compile Ubooot, Kernel, Android:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/ ./FFTools/make.sh -j8 Product Firefly-RK3399 complie

Default Compilation : HDMI+DP

./FFTools/make.sh -j8 ./FFTools/mkupdate/mkupdate.sh Compile EDP7.85

./FFTools/make.sh -j8 -d rk3399-firefly-edp -l rk3399_firefly_edp_mid-userdebug ./FFTools/mkupdate/mkupdate.sh -l rk3399_firefly_edp_mid-userdebug
    Manual compilation

Firefly-RK3399

Before compiling, execute the following command:
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64 export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH export CLASSPATH=.:$JAVA_HOME/lib:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
    • Compile Kernel:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/kernel/ make ARCH=arm64 firefly_defconfig make -j8 ARCH=arm64 rk3399-firefly.img
    • Compile Uboot:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/u-boot/ make rk3399_defconfig make ARCHV=aarch64 -j8
    • Compile Android:

cd ~/proj/firefly-rk3399/ source build/envsetup.sh lunch rk3399_firefly_mid-userdebug make -j8 ./mkimage.sh Create update.img

Compiled with Firefly's script can be packaged into update.img, run: ./FFTools/mkupdate/mkupdate.sh update After the package is finished, the update.img will be generated under rockdev/Image-rk3399_firefly_mid/

Create update.img in Windows is simple. Just copy the files to AndroidTool's rockdev\Image directory as previous step. Then run the batch file mkupdate.bat in rockdev directory, which will create update.img under rockdev\Image. Flashing partition images

./mkimage.sh at previous step will repack boot.img and system.img, and copy other related image files to the rockdev/Image-rk3399_firefly_mid/ directory. The common image files are listed below:
    • boot.img : Android's initramfs, to initialize and mount system partition.
    • kernel.img : Kernel image.
    • misc.img : Misc partition image, to switch boot mode and pass parameter in recovery mode.
    • recovery.img : Recovery mode image.
    • resource.img : Resource image, containing boot logo and kernel's device tree info.
    • system.img : System partition image with ext4 filesystem format.
    • trust.img :File about sleep
    • rk3399_loader_v1.12.112.bin :Loader
    • uboot.img :uboot
    • oem : preset package
    • vendor : driver package of the vendor

Please flash the image according to Flash image.

If you are using Windows system to flash the images, please copy the image files mentioned above to rockdev\Image directory in AndroidTool (Image flash tool in Windows). Then follow instructions in the flash image guide. This is the easy way, using default configuration, no need to modify image file's path.

Comment

Several firmwares...I'm not a member so no user name or pass from me...

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

mo123 superceleron is this useful for you (rom developers) ?

Comment

I have account and I can help for downloading these files.
          How can I share to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
            mo123 superceleron is this useful for you (rom developers) ?
            Not really.
            Every device is different and requires the correct drivers for that specific device.
            Even if you build firmware from it, it won't boot on different devices.
            Android 8.1 is already discontinued now, had a lot of bugs and Rockchip already released Android 9.
            RK3399 apart from development boards aren't that popular and you can't fix things if manufacturers release real bad devices(with hardware and software defects) in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Not really.
              Every device is different and requires the correct drivers for that specific device.
              Even if you build firmware from it, it won't boot on different devices.
              Android 8.1 is already discontinued now, had a lot of bugs and Rockchip already released Android 9.
              RK3399 apart from development boards aren't that popular and you can't fix things if manufacturers release real bad devices(with hardware and software defects) in the first place.
              Great !
              So, between this post and yours @ majicsee N6...
              You're definitely coming across as the n6 is an aggravating lost cause. I've really been wanting a 3399, and usually, eventually get what I want... Often to my disappointment. Chalk up 0ne'mo!
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

For those who need the files:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Hi ,

that are all "Firefly" RK3399 Roms , so really good to use only by "FF" Users ,

& for sure full of Bugs , maybe no PlayStore ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

mo123 ,
                    Is there a release of Android 9 from Rockchip (for their RK3399)?
                    Is any firmware "floating-around" out there?

Might have to try enodebs's kind offerings...still on superceleron's 7.1.2. Painful to use such a powerful(?) device with no support.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                      Hi ,

that are all "Firefly" RK3399 Roms , so really good to use only by "FF" Users ,

& for sure full of Bugs , maybe no PlayStore ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
                      You are right.
                      Firefly don't put Google Play store apps in ROM's.
                      And since there are other display outputs, you will most likely get a black screen and audio won't work as it will output to edp which doesn't exist on other RK3399 devices.
                      Users reported even on Firefly devices, there are problems with USB with this SDK.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You are right.
                        Firefly don't put Google Play store apps in ROM's.
                        And since there are other display outputs, you will most likely get a black screen and audio won't work as it will output to edp which doesn't exist on other RK3399 devices.
                        Users reported even on Firefly devices, there are problems with USB with this SDK.
                        Hi ,

yes , saw something in the / Mecool VS RK3399 / Thread , about the Problems , only can hope

there will be a 8.1 for our RK3399 Boxes , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hmm...chance however slim is still a chance.

Comment

superceleron is this usefull for you as a rom developer https://mega.nz/#F!FolFBYQD!Y36zHQcy...NSMzg!VsNVQAha ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                              superceleron is this usefull for you as a rom developer https://mega.nz/#F!FolFBYQD!Y36zHQcy...NSMzg!VsNVQAha ?
                              Well maybe for someone else... i cant touch code other that from my work..... is one of my limitation imposed by the company i work for!

Comment

Working...
                              X