Clear All

• bullhead
    replied
    Mr. mo123,

ony two words:
    HOW
    THANKS!
    :-)

My old X99 work on Android 9 without problem (display is OFF, but this is no major problem). I have two question:

In Goole Play Store I not find many apps, e.g Chrome?

Is possible flash this ROM directly to TV BOX (slow boot from SD card)?

thanxks
    BJ

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Added v1.7 Custom ROM
    Please test different gamepads and PS4 BT remotes since I added some changes to better detect them.
    PS4 BT remotes might require Android 10 for full compatibility but I hope not and that it works in this updated ROM too.

Let me know of any interesting open-source apps that are useful for AndroidTV or free games with high ratings under 100MB then I will add it to the App Store.

Setup screen also removed so users in China can enjoy the ROM.
    Check the App Store for other useful app store apps I added if Google Play is blocked in your country.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    commented on 's reply
    Hi , what does this mean :

Settings {system,secure,global} that should be set by Default, maybe they already where set, but I went ahead and inserted them thought terminal ,

is this important ??? etter for Security ??? , thanks / gefattern

• Tanguylove
    replied
    Thnk

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    Not possible since none of us have such a device.
    Ask Tanix to do it since they are the manufacturer.

• Tanguylove
    replied

Hello Anyone here can make a Pie Custom Rom for TX6 Allwinner H6

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Hello mo123

Was testing out a RK3368pro TVbox and it had a resolution_white.xml that worked perfectly with my 4K TV, on Auto from first boot it set the Resolution to 4k 60hz, see how much it differs from your previous file,
    here:resolution_white.zip

Also noticed that the Performance Dialog setting in that Android 9 firmware also had a broken RAM reading, like I noted in a previous post, and that the entire window for "Performance Dialog" is half hidden because the service or apk that manages it does not scale when the density is changed and cuts off viewing most of the data that the Dialog is suppose to show.

Another thing I notice is that device was using a July 2019 AOSP code base but had a newer kernel 4.4.189 versus Radxa's 4.4.167 kernel.

Leave a comment:

• onlyonce
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Why don't you setup your router to run through a VPN or Proxy to bypass country restrictions for all your Internet devices. If a VPN service doesn't allow to be used with modern ASUS routers then either it is time to buy a new router and/or to shop around for better VPN service.

many years ago VPN can be used,?Now update SSR Proxy address every day ,Each VPN IP can only survive for a few minutes,every time?
    ,Big Brother watch you

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by onlyonce View Post
    thank you @ mo123 ,& can you disable first boot setupwizard.mode in next release firmware? Google IP Not allowed in Dictatorship country
    Why don't you setup your router to run through a VPN or Proxy to bypass country restrictions for all your Internet devices. If a VPN service doesn't allow to be used with modern ASUS routers then either it is time to buy a new router and/or to shop around for better VPN service.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    commented on 's reply
    Hi , with "root" you can delete the specific App self , small Info ,

greetings / gefattern

• onlyonce
    replied
    thank you @ mo123 ,& can you disable first boot setupwizard.mode in next release firmware? Google IP Not allowed in Dictatorship country

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Another thing, this probably needs to be forwarded to Radxa (forum) support, but it would be nice if the Bootloader was updated to include the newer CEC or libcec code for the Kernel+Bootloaders so that the device can recognize the states: 1) CEC - Wake-UP by user control press or view. 2) CEC Wake-Up by path or routing change(Active Route).

Basically I would love it if the device would wake from Sleep/Dormancy just by CEC inputs.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    trebor can you please PIN this Thread to the Top and Mark as [ROM] -- because it is a really nice ROM and deserves recognition!

Have tested the latest release Version 1.6 and it is Amazing!

Most of all my little quibbles about version 1.4 are fixed. I would rate this ROM at being 96% complete, it runs like a professional made ROM like something you would see being released on Ugoos or NvidiaShield.

# Things to Fix:
    • LeanKey Keyboard Pro is not set as Default Keyboard from initial Start-Up. *Suggestion: also add Gboard 64bit for phone to the ROM, I like using air-mouse remote, and that allows Freeform mode so that keyboard is Mini styled and can be moved around the screen.
    • TWRP is version 3.2.3-0 (android 8 release variant) which needs to be upgrade to at least version 3.3.1 which is fully compatible with Android 9. Currently the installed version will not mount /system for flashing System modifying Zips. Test it with Migrate app, if it could be updated I believe then Migrate would work. See info on XDA about Migrate. Link for download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261765642 Click image for larger version  Name:	Migrate.apk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	802067
    • At first boot the Density or Scale is set to large and the Setup Wizard was too Zoomed in on screen, I believe this all has to do with the Bootloader not identifying the Aspect ratio of the TV correctly. Please add back your File that set the Resolution, because that file was not added every boot the device reverts to 1920x1080p30hz, I know that while setting the aspect ration at 4k the device will be up-scaling but that is okay, what aggravates me is that my Odroid_N2 has no problem remembering it is hooked up to a 4k TV. After boot Density can be set with Terminal :
      Code:
      wm density 320

# Suggestions:
    • Program some default key-actions, example: 1) Long-press Menu key > Open TV-Settings or MoreSettings. 2) Long-press Back key > ForceClose Foreground App (ForceClose Foreground App is not an option in the installed KeyMapper app so I must still use ButtonMapper by flar2)
    • Add the App Play Services Info (update) -- I don't know if due to the false Fingerprint, but the device would not auto update Play Services. With this app you can manually check and updated through the AndroidTV Play Store :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	play-services-info(update).jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	802068
    • Add Files by Google which works with D-pad remote :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Files-by-google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	802066
    • Add Send Files to TV which has Adware but is still nice and simple to use :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SendFilesToTV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	802065

# Setting a mobile/tablet launcher now works in ROM, but you must disable and not use DASHBOARD or it reverts back to AndroidTV Homescreen.
    • Lawnchair 2 launcher working straight from Reboot or PowerOn status :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	lawnchair2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	802071
    • Dark-mode android setting working in Lawnchair appdrawer :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	darkmode.appdrawer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	802069
    • Adding Taskbar gives Multi-tasking a whole competently better experience on a TV, usage :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Taskbar.usage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.5 KB ID:	802070

Thank you mo123 -- can you please upload your Resolution-Fix file ""/system/usr/resolution_whitelist.xml"" so I can use that immediately, I forgot to make a backup of it when using the old version of the ROM.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-13-2020, 08:28. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• onlyonce
    replied
    thank your FW,very useful.
    and would U like release RKUPDATE format FW?

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    ROM v1.6 released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X