Radxa RockPi 4 RK3399 - Custom Android Pie firmware by mo123

[ROM] AndroidTV Pie Custom firmware v1.7 by mo123
    Click image for larger version

Name:	c6258c7d01f33515d28369aca6db87bcd088356d.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	806618

Changelog v1.7 ROM
    • Remove the Setup screen so users in China(and elsewhere) can also use the ROM
    • Update video codecs and GPU drivers
    • Add YUV422 10-bit color options
    • Update Nova, Kodi 18.7 and other apps
    • Fix fake wifi as ethernet, 192kbps flac support, volume menu timeout 3 seconds if accessibility service enabled, long press back on recent apps screen to close all apps or long press ok on a window to close it.
    • Improve responsiveness and speed
    • Update TWRP to V3.3.1.0
    • TvSettings Support mouse operation with ethernet settings
    • TunerSettings add Network Adb Setting
    • Add Filelinked App Store to easily install popular apps.
      Use code 17 76 76 76 (easy to remember )
    • Add Settings app for phone launchers
    • Fix widgets on phone launchers
      After installing and opening your launcher:
      Open Terminal app and type without quotes ‘su’ then Enter then '/system/bin/widget and press Enter again. Widgets should work now for around 30 popular launchers by default.
      If not working, tell me your launcher name then I’ll tell you how to fix it.

To set a different launcher:
    Use TvSettings - Tuner Settings - Home - Choose your launcher and then press the home button on your remote.
    You can also use YoWindow for interesting live or static desktop wallpaper.
    Preferred phone launchers are Zim(better and open-source) or Nova(more options) Launcher.
    For Zim Launcher, swipe from the left side on the homescreen for extra settings and to set wallpaper or long press on the homescreen to set wallpapers, app icons can easily be dragged from the Appdrawer to the homescreen too.
    For Nova Launcher, you have to search for an app in the Appdrawer’s Search bar and long press it to be able to drag it or it’s widget to the homescreen.

To set Youtube channels on the homescreen like in the screenshot, use Channels app included, upgrade it to the latest version first.

Download link (gpt image) Flash with etcher:
    https://mega.nz/file/kEE3lIIR#OgHhSq...m-7XCKtLMELMFo
    Pass: radxa

Some videos to quickly get started
    Fix phone launcher widgets - Run after you installed and switched to your launcher
    https://mega.nz/file/gQVUWShJ#I8bxDa..._u7tW7uW3BiYzg
    Kodi auto frame-rate switching
    https://mega.nz/file/cVcwzIwA#r818RT...b87JNYtcDY78Ac
    App Store
    Can also install the Netflix app from here that works since latest one in APKPure requires Magisk Hide Props addon set to work.
    https://mega.nz/file/VZMi1CQQ#t1JMMG...-Hlj-5ZGqgxd2U

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog v1.6 ROM
    • Update Kodi - Can now seek in H265 videos
    • Update Nova Video Player - Fix some DTS-HD sound issue
    • Update LeanKeyKeyboard - The onscreen keyboard’s size can now be changed and other languages can now enter special characters.
    • Update Lightning browser
    • Add Google Clock Screensaver
    • Add permissions for Vulkan API for some apps that might require it
    • Fix VC1 playback
    • Fix TvSettings - Developer Settings - Flash image - Add back to flash images again.
    • Fix Search in More Settings
    • Enable all resolutions for some 4K tv’s that might have different EDID timings
    • Update busybox to latest version
    • Enable support for VirtualXposed
      This app can be used together with the Hijack Suite Free Xposed Module to make some apps work that check Safetynet if Magisk doesn’t work.
    • Magisk patched by default again
      You also need to enable ‘Hide Magisk’ in Magisk Manager’s Settings otherwise the BasicIntegrity test will fail. Using a Xiaomi Mi 7 as fingerprint and device simulation with all settings enabled makes both CTS and BasicIntegrity tests pass
      For Netflix, install version 7.42 or earlier from the APKPure app store.
    Download link (gpt image):
    https://mega.nz/file/UdVwRSzI#rMrZ30...7xTJmf5k1bkzRA

Changelog v1.5 ROM

Added stock firmware improvements
    • update sdk to rockchip rk3399_pie_v9.00_20191223.xml
    • update to android-9.0.0_r50
    • Configurable SU?
      TunerSettings -> System -> Root Access -enable-> APP SU Access.
      Enable SU that You can get su access in any app.
      If you need permission management, please swipe in Magisk.
      After swipe Magisk, this settings will be not work.
    • Support Raspberry Pi Camera V2.0 (imx219).
    • Ctrl+Alt+P to open power menu.
    • Fix factory reset not work in TWRP.
    • Fix first boot get more error in TWRP.
    • Disable TF card sdr104 mode, causes boot problems on some SD Cards.
    • Add a hard power button (16(High effective) pin in 40 pin).

Set default keyboard to LeanKeyKeyboard
    (To change the language, go into LeanKeyKeyboard’s Settings in TvSettings to change it)
    Change default screensaver to Dreamy
    (It has lots of categories for different wallpapers, much better than the stock screensaver)
    Apps don’t close after granting permissions anymore
    Updated some apps

Download link(gpt image):
    https://mega.nz/#!wFsWGYKa!RX0DWGlSm9Op3iotJ4CgBicyY_I59v15xQG7wbK 86I0 8

Changelog v1.4
    • Magisk patched by default
    • Speed optimizations
    • Updated apps
    • Added Dashboard - Use it to change the All Apps screen when Long pressing Home or clicking on the red Apps icon.
    • Added Notifications app - Now you can see notifications like on regular Android
    • Add Navigation bar app - Open it and enable the Accessibility Service to have a navigation bar
    • Removed Safe Volume, volume should now stay at 15 steps
    • Added Setup on first start - Google account needed
    • Fix auto frame-rate switching
    • Changed animation speeds so that the spinning wheel in some apps play smoother
    • Add SmartYoutube, Youtube Vanced
    • Improve Mele F10 airmouse - Bottom row keys now control Rewind, Stop, Play/Pause, Forward & the 1st key second bottom row now opens menus in apps.
    • Add USB booting - Can use a USB drive on the bottom USB 3.0 port to boot Armbian or LibreELEC, no need for a micro-sd card.
    Download link: https://mega.nz/#!oIk10BaD!Ab6w5pt8ag2lYEy7S2vvzLXcjOWDpRPUTOcdVkP ViKs 2
    Password: radxa
    Use 7zip to unzip and flash with etcher.

Changelog v1.3
    • Decreased animation time by 50% for AndroidTV.
      Should be a lot snappier now.
    • Fixed slow AndroidUI on every boot caused by fractional frame-rates(finally)
      No need to manually set the resolution anymore.
    • Spoof Xiaomi device to improve compatibility for apps.
      Still need to use Magisk if wanting to fully spoof a device but adds a little better compatibility out of the box.
    • Nova Video Player updated
      – Support 10-Bit H265 video playback on Rockchip devices now
      – Support 10-Bit H264 software decoding now used by Anime videos.
      (1080p support still wip)
    • Updated video codecs

Other changes
    • mmc: core: Fix init of SD cards reporting an invalid VDD range
    • clk: fractional-divider: add handle to frac numerator is not to be greater than 4
    • soc: rockchip: ipa: Fix temperature scaling coefficient overflow
    • drm: call mode_set hooks when connectors change
    • drm/rockchip/rk618: hdmi: remove main interrupt polarity setting
    • drm/rockchip: cdn-dp: Reject non-32-bits-aligned mode widths
    • drm/bridge: analogix_dp: set IRQ_NOAUTOEN to the irq flag
    • drm/bridge: synopsys: dw-hdmi: check hdmi status in resume
    • drm/rockchip: vop: p2i is supported from rk3399
    • drm/rockchip: vop: workaround a issue of px30 treat rgb888 as bgr888
    • drm/rockchip: drv: use for_each_available_child_of_node for child iterator
    • drm/rockchip: rk3066_hdmi: set edid fifo address fix edid reading err when edid’s block > 2
    • drm/rockchip: vop: initial enable vop dither up for rgb565/666 can dither to rgb888
    • MALI: midgard: Fix power coefficient overflow
    • clk/rockchip: rk618: enlarge buffer size for clk name
    • clk: rockchip: half-divider: Use DIV_ROUND_UP to round divisor values
    • clk: rockchip: rk3399: Update the isp clocks
    • video/drm: rockchip_display: add return value for automatic test
    • video/drm: rgb: set lcdc data[15:12] output
    • clk: rk3399: fix up the i2c clk error
    • video/drm: rgb: add S888 mode support
    • power: io-domain: Don’t printf sudev->name when get regulator failed
    • regulator: pwm: remove init voltage setting
    • clk: rockchip: rk3399: init 816 MHz for ARM big core

Changelog v1.2
    • Fixed bootlogo causing green stripes on some 4K displays
    • Reduced image size from 4.6GB to 4.0GB - should flash 13% faster now
    • Fixed Google Play Store new layout to use the top Apps/Games/Updates/Settings menu correctly. Seems it’s a server side switch by Google and not everyone gets updated to the new layout.
    • Removed additional stock apps not needed
    • Changed DPI to 320 for a better AndroidTV experience
    • Updated to latest video codecs
    • Added some extra HDMI CEC properties. Hope it can fix the not working after resume issue.
    • Changed AppDrawer icon
    • Updated to the latest Magisk Manager
      Patch your boot.img and then click 5 times on build Info under the About menu to activate Developer Options. In Developer Options choose Flash image and select the /Download/magisk_patched.img and then select the boot partition. Restart your device for Magisk to work.
      Or you can boot to TWRP Recovery and flash the Magisk.zip file
    • Add RefreshRate switching for any app
    • Check the useful guide on how to make it work.
      Guide for AndroidTV Firmware by mo123 1
    • Add KeyMapper application I build from the latest source code.
      This is an open-source app, so it replaces the Button Mapper app I used previously in the Useful guide screenshots since it doesn’t have limitations. Check the AppDrawer to open it.
      You can map the power off menu, screenshot and Google Assistant(if you have a voice button on your airmouse)
    • Add CetusPlay server app so you can use your phone as a remote control for AndroidTV.
      Install the client app on your phone - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ay.remotephone

Additional remote apps for your phone
    General AndroidTV remote - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...telecom.remote
    Kodi remote - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atsewidgetfree
    Casting videos - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tech.airscreen
    Screen mirroring - HappyCast: Install the tv box version to RockPi 4 and then the phone app to your phone. http://www.hpplay.com.cn/index_english.jsp
    The phone app is now translated from Chinese to English, you can also use an app like BubbleUPnP to cast videos from your phone to the Happycast server app on RockPi 4 if installed, it sometimes works better than the built-in app to receive videos.

I would suggest you to use BubbleUPnP(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eupnp&hl=en_US) or another casting app and then set Kodi up as a UPnP receiver(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFBHi6DSCQc) then videos can be played in Kodi for much better performance.
    • Add Kodi and Nova Video Player app preinstalled.
      Nova is a very decent video player app with poster art, subtitle download, network playback, auto frame-rate switching and audio passthrough and works better than VLC & MXPlayer. Check the useful guide to use it optimally.
    • Improved auto frame-rate switching accuracy and removed unused resolutions.
      Check the useful guide for Kodi setup.
    • Youtube Vanced login support added so you don’t have to use the rooted versions.
      You must install the MicroG and Youtube Vanced app to be able to login.
      (Youtube Vanced gives a phone layout without ads compared to SmartYoutubeTV that has an AndroidTV layout)
      https://vancedtube.com/non-root/

Other changes
    • Fix bootanimation stack overflow
    • Add missing INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL permission for SettingsProvider
    • Use Cloudflare DNS as the default fallback
      (Cloudflare DNS has a better privacy policy than Google Public DNS and
      has DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS so it won’t be a downgrade)
    • SystemUI: Remove annoying log caused by AOSP bug
    • Fix refreshing storage summary after force stop
      (if app is force stopped, current implementation causes a nasty loop which in turn causes
      very high cpu usage)
    • setDequeueTimeout(-1) on the output surface. This ensures that allocation blocks in ACodec.
    • Remove battery log
    • Do not build Traceur
    • drm/rockchip: vop: fix dclk invert register define error
    • rkwifi: fixed wifi onoff crash
    • rkwifi: fix pno scan failed
    • fix race between input event and governor exit

If it feels a little slow after booting, just set the resolution manually again.
    If Radxa can create a script that runs on bootup 5 seconds after the Android homescreen appears that resets the resolution to what it currently was, it will help a lot and I will include it in future.

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!RdNAHKLY!pU57DI-li47H4ZPRb4oZNW3duW1DGRkAnv3MgRxiEU8 1
    Use 7zip to unzip and flash with etcher.

Changelog v1.1
    • Add RockPi 4 boot logo
    • Add Magisk root support
      Please uninstall the Magisk app and reinstall it from here
      http://bit.ly/magiskm 73 (short link to Github Magisk Manager link to download it quickly)
      It will say additional setup is required then you can restart your device.
      Seems the Magisk Manager app has some problem being preinstalled from micro-sd card firmware.
    • Add ‘More Settings’ menu to TvSettings if you want to change extra settings like in the normal firmware
    • Change the onscreen keyboard to a mouse friendly one that is faster
    • Remove some preinstalled apps
    • Add working Netflix app and Kiwi Browser
    • Several stability and video playback patches from AOSP merged.

Changelog v1.0

Kodi
    Latest Kodi 18.4 app: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

Add various gamepads support
    • Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox Elite controllers
    • Sony DS3 and DS4 controllers
    • Switch joycon and pro controllers
    • Steam controller(also need to use the Steam app)
    • Shield controller

Fix Home button on airmouses, USB remotes
    • Long press to see All apps screen
    • Single press to return to Android Homescreen
    • Double press for Recent apps
      ? Long press OK/DPAD_Center to close selected app window.
      ? Long press back button to close all recent apps

Wifi/Ethernet
    • Add Wifi connect button on wifi password enter screen to be easily clicked with a mouse, airmouse to setup wifi without using the onscreen keyboard
    • General Wifi improvements
    • Fix ethernet stops/disconnects sometimes bug
    • Spoof ethernet as wifi connection
      ? This fixes some games like Asphalt that only work over wifi connections to also work if only using an ethernet connection

• Fix Youtube VP9 videos freezing sometimes bug
    • Change frame-buffer to 1080p, 213DPI to help with 1080p Youtube support and less upscaling for video playback.
    • Set HDMI Bitstream as default audio device.
    • Add support for 192kbps FLAC audio support
    • Add Shutdown menu to TvSettings - About Screen
    • Fix SD-Card incorrect size reported sometimes
    • Fix Daydream settings not working on some languages
    • Improve overall speed of Android UI
    • Fix some apps running sideways to always run in landscape
    • Add some default Ad-blocker list to block some ads on websites
    • Add some extra apps.
      Use MiXplorer File Manager(Samba v2 addon included) if wanting to access Samba v2.
      Some other file managers only use Samba v1 which has less than half of the network performance of Samba v2.0. Kodi 18 also uses Samba v2 so you can use that to setup your network shares if playing high bit-rate videos over ethernet to get the best network speed.
    Download link:
    https://mega.nz/#!RdV3HICS!ibg27aRCu...ZiBtbB4mmkIeGY
    Use 7zip to unzip and flash the image with etcher to the EMMC.
    download, sources, free, gnu, lgpl, 7-zip, archiver, compression, software, compress, zip, unzip

A cross-platform tool to flash OS images onto SD cards and USB drives safely and easily. Free and open source for makers around the world.

The RockPi 4B is now one of the cheapest and well built RK3399 devices if combined with the heatsink case.
    LibreELEC also runs great and can run 1080p Netflix with the previous image I posted.
    Last edited by mo123; 05-27-2020, 18:25.

Kudos on releasing all these new ROM's for RK3399 SBC recently.

FriendlyELEC with their NanoPI M4 just released a Version 2 of that board, $70. You going to get one of those also?
    NanoPi M4V2 SBC replaces LPDDR3 memory with faster LPDDR4 memory, and adds power & recovery buttons. The price is even lower at $70.

Can you offer your thoughts on the Radxa RockPI 4 vs. FriendlyELEC NanoPI M4 ???

Comment

Both devices are great.
      The RockPi 4 might have better software support.
      FriendlyELEC does a lot of extra hardware designs so in some aspects their PCB is better designed and their new casing with a built in fan also looks interesting.
      It basically depends on all the separate components you want to buy and the shipping cost included, so prices can be similar or veery different.
      Radxa can offer lots of different shipping options while other companies only ship with DHL which also have high taxes and custom fees to certain countries.
      I think I have enough devices for now, my next device would probably be a RK3530 since I'm a lot more interested in the upgraded GPU and 14nm CPU compared to 28nm that is used on RK3399.

Comment

Hi. Is this Rom suitable for another RK3399 devices. I have CSA96 can I install this rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by astatin13 View Post
          Hi. Is this Rom suitable for another RK3399 devices. I have CSA96 can I install this rom ?
          RockPi 4 hardware is very different so it will most likely only work on it.
          It has a removable emmc card you can use to flash the firmware which is not possible on other RK3399 devices.
          You can however write the firmware to a micro-sd card and test if it boots.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

RockPi 4 hardware is very different so it will most likely only work on it.
            It has a removable emmc card you can use to flash the firmware which is not possible on other RK3399 devices.
            You can however write the firmware to a micro-sd card and test if it boots.
            I wanted to thank you for your effort very nice and fast I have installed on my h96 max sd card is working super enough for me

Comment

guner67

???????May ask how you installed on H96 Max? Etcher would not see the my China Box. I then installed Drivers and Factory Tool(?). Box is recognized, but Etcher does not see it...

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                guner67

???????May ask how you installed on H96 Max? Etcher would not see the my China Box. I then installed Drivers and Factory Tool(?). Box is recognized, but Etcher does not see it...
                Just like using a LibreElec or Arm-Linux distro for any other Rockchip device, use Etcher to flash the firmware to a Micro-SDcard then see if the device will boot from the SDcard.

Comment

Thanks, Tried SD card(lots of partitions). Did not boot until card removed. I'll try again.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                    Thanks, Tried SD card(lots of partitions). Did not boot until card removed. I'll try again.
                    recovery from wipe and daten reset when first boot

Comment

New v1.2 firmware uploaded for RockPi 4.

Comment

Is this full android version 9, will try once board arrives, will replace a5x board hopefully, can i perform changes to firmware for personal use?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                          Is this full android version 9, will try once board arrives, will replace a5x board hopefully, can i perform changes to firmware for personal use?
                          This firmware is also AndroidTV, but the first and second firmware I made was normal Android.
                          I will make an updated normal firmware too later since it requires a lot of changes like adding a navigation bar.
                          Yes, Radxa provides the Android SDK, so you can make your own changes or also ask for help in their forum how to do something if you have their device.

Comment

@mo123,

hello, I have Rk3399 H96 Max with firmware date 2018.7.13 and always need reboot about 1~2 hrs because lag.
                            Could I use your Radxa RockPi 4 RK3399 - Custom Android Pie firmware ?
                            If just can install in SSD card, any installation guide for me ?
                            Please help, many thks in advance !

Comment

Originally posted by lliou View Post
                              @mo123,

hello, I have Rk3399 H96 Max with firmware date 2018.7.13 and always need reboot about 1~2 hrs because lag.
                              Could I use your Radxa RockPi 4 RK3399 - Custom Android Pie firmware ?
                              If just can install in SSD card, any installation guide for me ?
                              Please help, many thks in advance !
                              Flash with Balena Etcher to a micro-sd card and see if it boots and works for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X