• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. mo123,

ony two words:
    HOW
    THANKS!
    :-)

My old X99 work on Android 9 without problem (display is OFF, but this is no major problem). I have two question:

In Goole Play Store I not find many apps, e.g Chrome?

Is possible flash this ROM directly to TV BOX (slow boot from SD card)?

thanxks
    BJ

Comment

Hi I have Csa96 and used balena to write sdcard. After put Sdcard to device and nothing happened How can I boot from this sdcard?

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead View Post
        Mr. mo123,

ony two words:
        HOW
        THANKS!
        :-)

My old X99 work on Android 9 without problem (display is OFF, but this is no major problem). I have two question:

In Goole Play Store I not find many apps, e.g Chrome?

Is possible flash this ROM directly to TV BOX (slow boot from SD card)?

thanxks
        BJ
        Google doesn't support Chrome in AndroidTV.
        You have to sideload it or use a different browser.

Booting from sdcard is about 30 seconds.
        Buy a new sdcard with faster speed or check on a PC that the write speed is at least 20MB/s.

Comment

Originally posted by astatin13 View Post
          Hi I have Csa96 and used balena to write sdcard. After put Sdcard to device and nothing happened How can I boot from this sdcard?
          Most likely your device doesn't support booting from sdcards if Android or the bootloader on the emmc is too old or if the manufacturer wired the sdcard reader differently.
          It can also be that your device uses different drivers which is not available in the ROM, then it won't boot.

Comment

ha "Google doesn't support Chrome in AndroidTV.", new information for me.
            thanks
            B.

p.s. ...only for info, on X99 in old Android 7 (original), VLC do not play 4K movies correctly. I now install VLC and check two 2160p movies in You new Android 9 and (almost) without problem:-)

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead View Post
              ha "Google doesn't support Chrome in AndroidTV.", new information for me.
              thanks
              B.

p.s. ...only for info, on X99 in old Android 7 (original), VLC do not play 4K movies correctly. I now install VLC and check two 2160p movies in You new Android 9 and (almost) without problem:-)
              Kodi, Nova & Night Video Player are the best to use.
              You can check the video I posted to set Kodi's whitelist for smoother video playback.
              RockPi 4 can also boot LibreELEC for even better video playback than Android, also with 1080p Netflix playback because of the big heatsink other RK3399 devices don't have.
              VLC has all sorts of problems with audio passthrough, 4K or frame-rate switching not working, but newer versions are getting better.
              VLC was developed as a PC video player then later ported to phones, not really for AndroidTV that had different requirements.
              MXPlayer is similar, developed for phones but not really improved for AndroidTV media players.

Comment

add: "Booting from sdcard is about 30 seconds. Buy a new sdcard with faster speed or check on a PC that the write speed is at least 20MB/s." - not for me:-(.

Card:
                MicroSD Samsung 128GB EVO U3 (very speed card, write>90MB/s).

Check X99 boot speed:
                cold start (from power on to menu): 2min 40sec
                restart (from press restart to menu): 3min 30sec

Maybe problem in X99 SD card interface. But not problem, this Android 9 image is still amazing:-)! Chrome and others APPs i solved by installation from APKs. So is not possible write this image inside internal memory?

B.

Comment

add "VLC was developed as a PC.." ...You have truth, I use VLC on PC, then use VLC on Android and OSX too:-) ...thanks, I check players recommended by You
                  thanks
                  B.

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can also check the video I posted to access the App Store I made in the OP.
                    All useful AndroidTV apps are added there.
                    VLC works very well on my PC but I wouldn't use it on Android because the other video players supports poster art, auto frame-rate switching, HDR, HD Audio etc. properly.

Hi,

Hope this won't be too much of a dumb questions, kinda new in the Box hobby.
                  If I install the V1.7 ROM can I go back to the original version install (Flash with the factory firmware) Don't know if it's going to fix my issue that I have to unroot.

My wife wants to run "Tou.tv" wich is a french application we are paying for to get series and stuff from our area... I tried many approach and no luck, I always get that I can't play secure content on the device

I tried to manually remove the su, sudeamon... Impactor unviversal... Magisk (doesn't see that I'm rooted) I know it's a problem with the root cause on my old MxQ I had to search and unroot to get the "Tou.tv" app.

Just to be sure, I will be able to access Kodi, install APK and stuff?

H96 max RK3399 is what I have right now.

Thanks
                  From a noob in the business...

Comment

Originally posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
                    Hi,

If I install the V1.7 ROM can I go back to the original version install (Flash with the factory firmware) Don't know if it's going to fix my issue that I have to unroot.

My wife wants to run "Tou.tv" wich is a french application we are paying for to get series and stuff from our area... I tried many approach and no luck, I always get that I can't play secure content on the device

I tried to manually remove the su, sudeamon... Impactor unviversal... Magisk (doesn't see that I'm rooted) I know it's a problem with the root cause on my old MxQ I had to search and unroot to get the "Tou.tv" app.

Thanks
                    Hi ,

so first , please ask in the H96Max Thread for RK3399 , better to do it there , i am sure you

can find 1 or 2 unrooted Stockroms available for your Box , did you already read some of this

Threads to find a Link with unrooted FW , maybe this :

We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for H96 MAX TV Box with 4GB RAM (20180713) powered by Rockchip RK3399. This is a big plus for the

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
                      Hi,

Thanks
                      The firmware only works on removable emmc and micro-sd cards since the RockPi 4 doesn't use non-removable emmc chips.
                      So if you have a micro-sd card you could try it.

Comment

Thank you very much for all you are doing here guys!
                        sorry didnt mean to post in the wrong place, thought RK3399 was my H96...
                        But because you guys made me Search further, I found that root was not my problem..
                        It's Widevine...

So looking to fix that one.

Teying Chromium or some method to add.

Thanks a lot I find a lot of usefull thing here

Comment

Im going to try it with my CSA96, i tried the Firefly firmware but i couldnt get it to boot, i did something wrong i think.

So, far i put file into etcher and then to SD card and i no longer get the firefly logo from the other firmware i tried, now i get a neat little SBC image that says "Rockpi4"

no idea what its doing. lol

*later that day*

WHa Wha wha, no workie for CSA96
                          Last edited by BowerR64; 08-31-2020, 23:44.

Comment

mo123 after flashing 1.7 to emmc 64gb device does not power on, no image only green led is lightning, hope you can help me

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                              mo123 after flashing 1.7 to emmc 64gb device does not power on, no image only green led is lightning, hope you can help me
                              Flash with AndroidTool v2.71, EraseFlash and Upgrade.
                              v1.7 working fine.

Android 10 firmware was also released.

Comment

Working...
                              X