Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked H96 MAX RK3399 - how to enter to maskrom mode

Hello everyone,
    I have this TV BOX H96 MAX RK3399, and I think I bricked, while trying to update the firmware.
    There is no LED lights, only red one at Fiber optic digital audio port.
    Connect to PC does not recognize it anymore, or even pressing reset button, does not trigger PC to recognize so I can load firmware.
    Connecting to power, or USB male to male, to blue USB port, I can hear hissing noise.
    So googling, it seems there is a way to enter to maskrom mode, unfortunately they show only for RK3328 - https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-max-h2-rk3328

Anyone, any idea how to get into maskrom mode for H96 RK3399? which pins do I need to work on?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hi. I get same situation and I tried with sd card and now my tvbox return So just need microsd card

Comment

Hi ,

read the H96Max Custom & Stockrom Threads , always helps ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Ok guys, an update. I fixed it. I am glad I can contribute to this awesome forum.

1. I managed to find the pins that can trigger H96 MAX RK3399 to enter to maskrom mode. See attached the picture, pins with red circle.

2. I have an issue with power supply
        1. The power connection inside the TV Box or circuit might be faulty. Using power adapter, sometime does not boot, sometime power cycles, sometime randomly shutsdown. I tried 2 different power adapters, so I ruled out the power adapter
        2. When connecting USB male to male, I can feed power through USB blue port, and that works.
        The issue is since I cannot use power port, I have to use USB 3.0, and I lost one USB port, which I was planning to use for an external cooling fan.

As you can understand from above, I have heat issue as well, so I need to add an external cooling fan, just contemplating where to feed with power, so when the TV box is off, then the fan should be off. I don't want to have another device to turn it off.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by edluedlu5 View Post
          Ok guys, an update. I fixed it. I am glad I can contribute to this awesome forum.

1. I managed to find the pins that can trigger H96 MAX RK3399 to enter to maskrom mode. See attached the picture, pins with red circle.

2. I have an issue with power supply
          1. The power connection inside the TV Box or circuit might be faulty. Using power adapter, sometime does not boot, sometime power cycles, sometime randomly shutsdown. I tried 2 different power adapters, so I ruled out the power adapter
          2. When connecting USB male to male, I can feed power through USB blue port, and that works.
          The issue is since I cannot use power port, I have to use USB 3.0, and I lost one USB port, which I was planning to use for an external cooling fan.

As you can understand from above, I have heat issue as well, so I need to add an external cooling fan, just contemplating where to feed with power, so when the TV box is off, then the fan should be off. I don't want to have another device to turn it off.
          Hi ,

i have a Fan too , use a USB Hub , but it looks like there is always Power on the

USB Ports , my Fan always runs after Shutdown ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i have a Fan too , use a USB Hub , but it looks like there is always Power on the

USB Ports , my Fan always runs after Shutdown ,

greetings / gefattern
            so you keep the fan working 24/7? I would like it to run ONLY when the TV box is on, when it is off, I need the fan off.

Comment

Hi ,

yes , the Ports always have Power , but you can use a On/Off Switch ,
              if somewhere available , or unplug
              over night ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Yeah I have all three of my boxes cooled with a 3 speed adjustable fan with on/off switch. They're $12 on Amazon...I use one for my Router as well...

I power the one's for the Android Boxes just with a cheap plugin USB adapters...They're $2 on Fleabay...The sellers of the P.S. have them in different plug configs...They all come from CHINA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0999.JPG
Views:	863
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	787151

Comment

ok guys from another issue to another one.
                  Today HDMI is not working on this device. 1st I thought it is cable, replaced it nothing. So it must be something with HDMI.
                  PC will recognize the TV BOX, I installed the firmware again, just in case. No changes.

Any idea how to fix HDMI?

Comment

ok guys from another issue to another one.
                    Today HDMI is not working on this device. 1st I thought it is cable, replaced it nothing. So it must be something with HDMI.
                    PC will recognize the TV BOX, I installed the firmware again, just in case. No changes.

Any idea how to fix HDMI?
                    Hi ,

so you got Blackscreen , while using bricked ??? try another TV , lower Resolution then yours ,

but i think some kind of important Chip is bricked , they use cheaper Chips with higher damage

rate , hope you get it back to life , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

so you got Blackscreen , while using bricked ??? try another TV , lower Resolution then yours ,

but i think some kind of important Chip is bricked , they use cheaper Chips with higher damage

rate , hope you get it back to life , good luck / gefattern
                      yes, while I was using just went off, lost power. Tried other TVs, tried with other HDMI cable nothing. Tomorrow I'll try one more time, maybe if I can use USB to HDMI adapater, just in case if HDMI port has gone bad. I have had Tronsmart, and Beelink, they worked much better than this one, and they were cheaper as well.

Comment

yes, while I was using just went off, lost power. Tried other TVs, tried with other HDMI cable nothing. Tomorrow I'll try one more time, maybe if I can use USB to HDMI adapater, just in case if HDMI port has gone bad. I have had Tronsmart, and Beelink, they worked much better than this one, and they were cheaper as well.
                        Hi ,

had the same with my UT3 , think somekind of Chip is bricked , maybe better to buy new ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

had the same with my UT3 , think somekind of Chip is bricked , maybe better to buy new ,

good luck / gefattern
                          I guess you are right, it is dead. Man UT3 is expensive ouch.

Comment

I guess you are right, it is dead. Man UT3 is expensive ouch.
                            Hi ,

UT3 is old , a RK3288 Box of 2015 ,
                            look for a good Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X