Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome browser performance? Help wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome browser performance? Help wanted!

I am developing an app, and for that app I need the perfect TV box. The problem is that my current TV box which I thought would have enough power is not working out. The A95X Plus with the Amlogic S905Y2. The app itself does display a webpage which streams video, 720p, 1080p and 4K.
    The Amlogic box I got stutters at 720p.

So I thought that the Rockchip is the best performing TV box you can buy, maybe it is enough to power my app. I would really like to have it tested by someone, before commiting and buying multiple boxes to develop on.

If anyone with a Rockchip RK3399 have a few minutes over, please PM me and I will send the APK to test out.

Thank you in advance!

Why dont you get an nvidia shield and test the apk on that machine

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post
      I am developing an app, and for that app I need the perfect TV box. The problem is that my current TV box which I thought would have enough power is not working out. The A95X Plus with the Amlogic S905Y2. The app itself does display a webpage which streams video, 720p, 1080p and 4K.
      The Amlogic box I got stutters at 720p.

So I thought that the Rockchip is the best performing TV box you can buy, maybe it is enough to power my app. I would really like to have it tested by someone, before commiting and buying multiple boxes to develop on.

If anyone with a Rockchip RK3399 have a few minutes over, please PM me and I will send the APK to test out.

Thank you in advance!
      Why not make a Kodi addon for video streaming then it can use hardware accelerated video playback for eg. H264, H265 or other codecs your videos uses?
      To play 1080p or 4K video smoothly, you also need an app like Kodi or Nova Video Player that supports auto frame-rate switching and the Android firmware also needs to support it to play video smoothly, otherwise all videos are going to stutter, no matter in which app or browser you play it.
      You won't find any Android box that can stream 1080p or 4K smoothly in a browser, since it uses software decoding and has lots of other drawbacks.
      RK3399 should perhaps stream 1080p in a browser well, but it will depend on the browser and you will still have small micro-stutters since browsers don't support auto frame-rate switching.
      Not even a $1000 laptop can stream 4K video smoothly in a browser unless you have a very expensive GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Why not make a Kodi addon for video streaming then it can use hardware accelerated video playback for eg. H264, H265 or other codecs your videos uses?
        To play 1080p or 4K video smoothly, you also need an app like Kodi or Nova Video Player that supports auto frame-rate switching and the Android firmware also needs to support it to play video smoothly, otherwise all videos are going to stutter, no matter in which app or browser you play it.
        You won't find any Android box that can stream 1080p or 4K smoothly in a browser, since it uses software decoding and has lots of other drawbacks.
        RK3399 should perhaps stream 1080p in a browser well, but it will depend on the browser and you will still have small micro-stutters since browsers don't support auto frame-rate switching.
        Not even a $1000 laptop can stream 4K video smoothly in a browser unless you have a very expensive GPU.
        Also depends on your TV, for example my philips 4k tv has 2900PPI compared to my other with 1900PPI it supports more framerates and video playback looks smoother even without autoframerate.

Comment

Working...
        X