I finally got one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got one!

I found a decent deal on a RK3399 box and it came in yesterday.

I have about a dozen or so android devices sticks/boxes with the other various chips.

Ill have to say the RK3399 is the first chip that actually reminds me of a real processor. The raised metal cap reminds me of the early Intel Celerons

Next to the X96 max this had the worst cooling of any of the past boxes, it was just a flat 2X3 thin piece of metal stuck to the chip.

Installed the game i play on it and wow it looks great, doesnt seem to have any problems running on the same settings as my Nvidia shields

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    I found a decent deal on a RK3399 box and it came in yesterday.

I have about a dozen or so android devices sticks/boxes with the other various chips.

Ill have to say the RK3399 is the first chip that actually reminds me of a real processor. The raised metal cap reminds me of the early Intel Celerons

Next to the X96 max this had the worst cooling of any of the past boxes, it was just a flat 2X3 thin piece of metal stuck to the chip.

Installed the game i play on it and wow it looks great, doesnt seem to have any problems running on the same settings as my Nvidia shields
    HI ,

what Box and what Game ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I got the CSA96 off the bay, i wanted the RockChip one but i couldnt justify $100. when im more or less just wanting to try em out

All i really play right now is Asphalt 8, i know its not one of the more demanding games but alot of the boxes struggle with it with stock cooling.

Once ive added a large heatink so the processor and a few of the other chips and a fan they usually do alot better this one had next to no cooling if you even call it that once i put a few heatsinks on it i could instantly tell they helped i was even able to put the case back together without cutting it up that shocked me the most.

What i dont care for is also like the X96 max + the board is IMO upside down. All of the chips are at the bottom, this IMO is a stupid way to run these because the heat will just cause other devices to overheat. If you get one of those router fans that sit under the box then its a great idea.

The whole top of the case is all metal which again is puzzeling why they used a metal case but didnt have the case help with the cooling, maybe i does?

Ive only used it a couple of days now and ive only added a few apps so far but i dont see all the negative flack the RK3399 gets

I bought a couple of the meanwell 3amp 5 volt power supplies im going to attach the cable that came with this unit along with the larger barrel jack that comes with the other cheaper android boxes i have on one supply so that i can use it to power one or the other jack types.

I want to try the S922X next, or get a khadas 311D i need to read more about em

Comment

Your wildest dreams will come true

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post
          Your wildest dreams will come true
          When?

Comment

The RK3399 is a great chip, you will find it used in tablets and Pine64 even made a notebook Laptop with it. The upside down board or chip on underside of board is not a problem if the device has a proper heatsink. The only RK3399 I own is in the SBC Radxa Rock Pi4, even during a high load Android test the chip would stay at 60*C and not break a sweat. The temperature range for the RK3399 is 0-to-80*C, and most of the flack the chip gets here on this forum and the web is because those original TV boxes with this chip never got updates or support.

Comment

Well im a tube amp guy and tubes put out heat i know we arnt talking the same kind of heat as a tube amp buuut in the past they have made tube amps that the tubes were on the top and tubes that hang from the bottom. The amps that had the tubes at the bottom always had issues, it wasnt the tubes they could handle about anything you threw at em, it was always the components around or above the heat that would struggle.

I figured it might cause the bluetooth or maybe the wifi to have issues

Out of all the boxes i have i only have 2 so far with the upside down boards i put a fan under the X96 max threw the case mounted to the power socket.

This RK3399 box is cool the USB sockets turn off when the box shuts off, thats another bonus with this box

Not sure i like the android version it has though

Comment

When?
                Right now friend ?
                I have h96 rk3399 box for 2 years now. picture quality is excellent and works great for iptv, internet browsing and game emulation.
                I hope you enjoy your box

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post

Right now friend ?
                  I have h96 rk3399 box for 2 years now. picture quality is excellent and works great for iptv, internet browsing and game emulation.
                  I hope you enjoy your box
                  What would you get next?

Whats a step up from the RK3399? It seems fast now but what would be the next step up speed wise from the 3399?

Comment

What would you get next?

Whats a step up from the RK3399? It seems fast now but what would be the next step up speed wise from the 3399?
                    I was thinking of getting an Ugoos AM6 plus. It looks faster i believe and ugoos is a good company . I hear that some new rockchip boxes may be out this year so I might wait for those

Comment

Isnt it a RK3399 pro chip?

What the best RK3399 box right now? most stable?

Comment

Isnt it a RK3399 pro chip?
                        The Pro variant of the RK3399 hasn't shown up in TVbox's yet, it is a more advanced chip with AI programming as the added feature, so most commonly found in cutting edge SBC boards for developers.

What the best RK3399 box right now? most stable?
                        As a pure TVbox with Android from the factory, sadly there is nothing that is stable out-of-the-box; for an SBC with RK3399 then software from Radxa is stable Android for their devices, most YouTube reviews of that device using Android are early release units when development of OS wasn't at a stable release yet; also there is a custom AndroidTV OS ROM made by mo123, check in the RK3399 forum threads for details on that, his Changelog includes a lot development work that makes the Radxa device really nice as a media player.

You asked what what would you get next, the best nextGen devices to wait for will be the nextGen devices with the Rockchip 8-core top of the line chip RK3588, think similar to latest Samsung 8-core android CPU's, it will create a new standard of Android TVbox for power, processor speed, GPU speed, and media playback. Those are due to start being released end-of-year or beginning of next year. But, if you haven't tried the Amlogic S922X/A311D then the Ugoos AM6-Plus or the Khadas Vim3 are the top tier choices to get. The premium attached to A311D chip is not worth it for the average user and they are better just getting a S922X that has stable OS like the Ugoos. But if you like the DIY aspect of SBC's then the Odroid-N2 is a stellar choice, has S922X, with custom firmware found on their forum.

NicoD on YouTube has a great video explaining the differences between SBC's with RK3399 and S922X.

Comment

Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX for the sugestions!

Comment

Working...
                          X