Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA96 Mask rom mode, what pins?

You knew it was coming didnt you?

Ive looked for the past 2 hours and cant find what pins to short on this board i find just about every other board with the RK3399 but this one

I had such good luck trying many different files on that libre potatoe without any issues i thought this board could handle it

Tried it twice and now its toast.

I havnt used it in about 2 months so i guess i have about what i did, before it booted but didnt work quite right

Never mind i figure it out, i kinda forgot what tool this box needs.

Small tool opens in a window called "Rockchip create update disk tool v1.53" has a setting SD boot that rewrites the boot part/recovery section on the emmc then it boots to the SD card

I remember when i first got this box it would boot from an SD card, i could enter recovery mode then after the first firmware upgrade that feature went away making it tricky to install any other firmware on this box. I think because the better firmware was for a different box that used a different method of recovery so it rewrote over that part

Over the months messing with these boxes ive downloaded so many different tools and firmware they start to get lost in all the mix of tools and things these things need.

Comment

So far i think i like the EBox-R99-New firmware for the CSA96, it has this "nova" launcher and imo it has the best settings to navigate threw the rom.

I specially like the "dark mode" nothing i hate worse then after a movie your eyes get adjusted to the dark room then as you try to change a few settings those dang bright white screen burn holes in your retina. I also like a stop button that closes all the apps still running in the background always been a fan of that feature.

Comment

Working...
      X