Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigu75
    replied
    I have great news ...

it is possible to boot a different image without applying a new firmware !!!

I downloaded Armbian , applied to image to a sdcard , inserted the sdcard , and the device booted straight from sdcard ...

It means new roms can be tested before burning to internal memory

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    Station OS was released for M2/P2 devices (rk3566/3568)

videoplayer.APK extracted from their image ... it used Hardware Decoding , and have more options inside .. if you want to try

they also released ubuntu and armbian TV for these devices ...

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

if anyone want to play with ...

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    4K videos work smooth only using their “ video player “ or media center app , both use hardware decoding

kodi (rkmc , rkmc , kdplayer ) , vlc , are not using hardware decoding ... software decoding is used. , ( based on tests I did looking at the cpu usage while playing )

in some cases I prefer to use vlc ‘ kdplayer , mostly when there are audio sync issues , these apps handle them well and even have options to manually sync it

HDR , UHD , QHD I am using android videoplayer

YouTube app , even when selecting 4K ... the viewport is still 1920x1080 , it means it’s decoded but rendered in fullhd rather than 4K / or 1440p

so for real 4K from YouTube , you must download the video and watch it in legacy videoplayer

Leave a comment:

• afergan
    replied
    Hi Trigu75,

I'm agree with you. I have H96Max an i can see 4K60p setting in resolutions and it working. But box is really slow and cant decode most of the UHD and QHD videos, sometimes some lines appears on TV and remote controller is disaster it almost never works, too much laggy. I didnt tried SPDIF, but after update wifi 5 started working stably.

I cant upload image to freaktab either i dont know why but i uploaded it to imgbb.
    You can see it running 4k60p from here.

Btw i'm using update_20210701 for now. not latest one.

Leave a comment:

• bergamesk
    replied
    come on guys,if y'v looking trusted&granted etc., infos then go to XDA forum or go to Technozon(Youtube)
    there are not "marketing"!

RK3399 and now RK3566 and even all "RK" Boxes are same story!

905X4 way better alternative then all those RK Boxes;at least less issues
    more stable etc.,

And 905X5 on the way! welcome

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    My device didn’t have a lot of things ... and after a firmware update , a lot of things started to work .. and some other stopped working ( spdif , and front l c d. stopped working) , and a week later , a new firmware fixed most ... and even added a lot of new resolution option to the display menu , and other tools to display system diagnostics , like memory , network speed , display settings , cpu usage and so ...

and spdif started working back , but with no bug fix ... but still not working with ac3 .... dts works fine ...

HDR worked on both 1090p60 and 4kp60 as my shots show the tv showing the mode change ... again , not sure why freaktab upload is not working ...

‘I opened my nos and took a shot of the hdmi port and rails ... which only have prove points ( points used to qa the signals during testing )

if you have working HDR or /and any working resolution beyond 4k30p you are on 2.0a

hdmi is like a network card but with digital video ... each “ version “. Added more speed to increase bandwidth and enable bigger streams to be transmitted through it , commands are sent from one device to the other these commands , digitally sent , set the different modes , and you can see the configuration numbers inside the xml file ... this is why we asked to try to add the missing configurations to the xml ... but it appears , on h96 they missed 4k60 , I don’t know .. I don’t have that ... I have hk1

but you can see on their factory video , all the different devices , and also under products ...

Leave a comment:

• zeroprobe
    replied
    Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
    the owner used the same HDMI and TV as in the video .. .

I will go like you do ..

Please show us a picture of the FAULTY HDMI CONNECTION .. and it's rails to the CPU ... and explain ... really ... which PIN of the 19 pins is responsable of changing the HDMI modes ...

it's easy to write non sense .... but to prove it ....

I've been trying to upload a picture here for the last 2 days with no success ... I'm getting "error uploading image" .. if you just looked at your board .. you would stop writing non sense ..

same happened with pioneer receivers with hdmi 2.1 ... that failed to work with PS5 .... EVERYWHERE was written the same lies .... hardware issue ... lower version plugs ..

and surprise surprise .... a firmware fixed the problem a few months later ....

PIONEER, THE HUGE COMPANY RELEASED A NON WORKING HDMI 2.1 DEVICE ... AND TOOK THEM MONTHS TO RELEASE THE FIX

EPIC FAIL????????

on alibaba these devices are sold for as low as 19 dollars ... and are sold to the public under 60 ... 3 times the price ... so imagine how cheap it really is to manufacture ..

and you want everybody to believe ... they wanted to make it 0.01 cent cheaper by using a hdmi 1.4 plug instead of a 2.0 one ... (there is not such thing btw ... it's the same port .. no changes there at all )

open your box ... and take a picture ...

it's a 100% software issue ...

I've used the same kernel and firmware as in a promotion video which shows 4k60 option.

I only get 1080p60. How do you explain that?

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    the owner used the same HDMI and TV as in the video .. .

I will go like you do ..

Please show us a picture of the FAULTY HDMI CONNECTION .. and it's rails to the CPU ... and explain ... really ... which PIN of the 19 pins is responsable of changing the HDMI modes ...

it's easy to write non sense .... but to prove it ....

I've been trying to upload a picture here for the last 2 days with no success ... I'm getting "error uploading image" .. if you just looked at your board .. you would stop writing non sense ..

same happened with pioneer receivers with hdmi 2.1 ... that failed to work with PS5 .... EVERYWHERE was written the same lies .... hardware issue ... lower version plugs ..

and surprise surprise .... a firmware fixed the problem a few months later ....

PIONEER, THE HUGE COMPANY RELEASED A NON WORKING HDMI 2.1 DEVICE ... AND TOOK THEM MONTHS TO RELEASE THE FIX

EPIC FAIL????????

on alibaba these devices are sold for as low as 19 dollars ... and are sold to the public under 60 ... 3 times the price ... so imagine how cheap it really is to manufacture ..

and you want everybody to believe ... they wanted to make it 0.01 cent cheaper by using a hdmi 1.4 plug instead of a 2.0 one ... (there is not such thing btw ... it's the same port .. no changes there at all )

open your box ... and take a picture ...

it's a 100% software issue ...

Leave a comment:

• djdram
    replied
    Originally posted by zeroprobe View Post
    Also to add, I do remember on an older firmware kernel version, I compared and had the exact version as one of the promotion videos.

They had 4K60 where as mine did not, on the exact version.
    The same situation, the owner at 4pda received a box of H96MAX - on August 10 he has the software that I use (kernel and build). but it also has 4k60p available in both auto and manual selection

problem hardware, not software

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    There is no integration needed to do at all ... and if you open your box ( like I did .. for some reason I’m getting upload error trying to upload the picture ). You will notice .. no soldering issue .. every pin is there ... all soldered ... and all rails from the pins going from there to to cpu .....

there is no HARDWARE difference between 1.4 and 2.0 ... and if there is a “switch to select the hdmi mode” ... it’s controlled by software ...

a register setting “ hex code “ set to a specific memory address

I can’t talk much about h96 max .. as I have hk1 board ... as I said ... if you look the the factory link I posted ... they all come from the same factory

thats how Chinese work ...

if I had another board to play with I would try create my own firmware , since sources are on GitHub ...

did it once with “VIDON” devices years ago ... they had android boxes running at 720p , claiming video play is 1080p but android can only work at 720p ... and I proved them wrong ..

( and released the license free kodi with all the 3D Blu-ray menu features and hd audio enabled option full hardware decoding , and full hd android GUI)

Leave a comment:

• zeroprobe
    replied
    Also to add, I do remember on an older firmware kernel version, I compared and had the exact version as one of the promotion videos.

They had 4K60 where as mine did not, on the exact version.

Leave a comment:

• djdram
    replied
    The HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 pinouts are the same, but from a technical point of view, it is impossible to update the software only for the HDMI version, since additional integration is required on the board, which may not have been done
    When H96MAX is connected to FullHD TV, 4k30p available for manual selection, but if you select it, the signal disappears
    So the list of permissions available for manual selection does not depend on the TV model and cable.
    FullHD TV

4K HDR TV

so the question arises why there is no 4K60P in manual selection! Epic FAIL ))
    Last edited by djdram; 08-27-2021, 09:30.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell4you
    replied
    So, the vendor is not changing parts...with cheaper parts... i thought you talked about this djdram

So, its a software issue?

Maybe to night...i will see...if i can take the latest firmware and extract the boot.img and root it then flash it

time will tell

Leave a comment:

• Trigu75
    replied
    There is no difference between hdmi 1.4 and hdmi 2.0 ports ... same port ... same pins ... same pin out ... just faster speeds enabling mor bandwidth ...

19 pins , same function

posting pictures with “ epic fail “ message is the dumbest thing you could do ... read some about the differences between the different versions ... then talk

you circled something saying it’s compatible with both specs .... “backward compatible” just like usb 1.1 / 2.0 bs

if you have resolutions higher then 4K ( you Showed that in one of your posts) ... you can’t say you are on 1.4 mode ...

if you have HDR ... you are in 2.0a mode

my device ... doesn’t show me any resolution higher than FULLHD ... because it’s not currently connected to a monitor / tv compatible with 4k

but the moment I plugged in the device to the 4K hdr tv ... every option showed and worked ...

the spec also shows .. 3-d formats .... I can say , since I have a 3D tv , that 3D mode is not enabled , my tv doesn’t change to 3D mode when I play 3D Blu-ray’s on kodi ..

but this is because THEY did not add this option to their firmware ‘ software...

edit : ... checking hdmi specification .... 4k60p is Also part of hdmi 1.4 .. ( if switching to 4:2:0 color settings )

2.0 increased bandwidth , enabling full 4k60 ( 4:4:4)

2.0a added hdr , 2.1 added 8k ( in doubled bandwidth )
    Last edited by Trigu75; 08-27-2021, 07:47.

Leave a comment:

• djdram
    replied

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

There is information that new devices come with the installation of the same updates, and work in 4k60p
    While there is no point in opening the device for inspection, we are waiting for a response from the manufacturer's factory
    Last edited by djdram; 08-27-2021, 08:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X