Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ,

it is a shame , it is not possible for them to do it right , no FW Support , Bugs , bad translations ..... and so on ,

not too forget always the same Names or stupid ones

the Goverment must change this , all this stealing and lying Companys , only a few make it right ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Who needs the firmware? 20210413

Comment

Originally posted by Kitay_Obsor_TV View Post
        Who needs the firmware? 20210413
        Hi,
        just post it...
        Is it for the 4gb or the 8gb version?

Might be useful for some modder...

Cheers

Comment

Review of rk 3566

Firefly has now launched a Rockchip RK3566 single board computer named ROC-RK3566-PC, following the launch of Station P2 RK3568 mini PC on Indiegogo last

Comment

Firmware H96MAX 01.05.2021
            - Fix HDMI Resolution (add 4K30)
            - Add settings Color in HDMI menu
            Last edited by djdram; 05-19-2021, 10:22.

Comment

Cool.. Im downloading the file..during my sleep cycle
              Thanks for sharing

Hmm.. I was watching ''top box'' review...
              Hey say No laucher would run on his box... But I tried like 5 windows looking ones..the all worked (pre-rooting)
              currently using Station-Launcher.. but some issues, no option to add apps and its only showing one app MCE/settings (permission issue I think )
              hey also says...settings/display/hdmi has no option for 4k/8k - but mine does (update without hdmi hub its limited to 1080p with hub 8k )
              going to sleep..night night

Comment

Well...
                installed update.zip
                Rebooted -> rk3566 logo ( no fancy animation ) -> black screen
                Was this update.zip really for this rk3566 device?
                It does show the time...on device display
                But if the unit is giving 4k resolution...then Shirley the 1080p monitor should state : out of range? But it doesn't
                Removing HDMI and re-enabling doesn't do anything...

Ohh..dear now what?

tried:
                1.Other TV and monitor = black screen
                2.With and without HDMI switch
                3.So, inside update.zip is a boot.img that I patched with magisk and flashed = blackscreen
                4.flashed old patched boot.img = working again ( no data or apps lost )

Unit build - now reads : rk356x_box-userdebug 11 RQ1D.210105.003 eng.pc20210514.171702 release-keys
                So, the update seem to be for the rk3566...

So, solved
                Now howto ? See the differences in the img files
                -what did the fix/break
                Or this update is only for the 4gb ram version...
                Last edited by mitchell4you; 05-18-2021, 17:53.

Comment

OK, so the hardware HDMI solder issue was fake news from a supplier.

With the 20210514 update I get 4k30 resolution only. Still needs a fix for 4k60.

Comment

I was thinking..If we could change the Update.zip
                    To include the rooted boot.img
                    Then people can update and get root without needing cable and flashtools..
                    -this stated.. the zip file is probably signed

Must do some research..

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can already flash the boot.img from Developer Options, no PC needed.

Hi guys

3566/H96 Owners;

what is latest situation for 4K/60 ???? or still going on 30??(its sucks)

and is there any menu for selecting "HDR" ON/OFF?? or device default video signal send HDR only??

well seems every this newly 3566 Boxes a lot of issues!

Comment

Hi Guys ,

small Hint , User Mo123 made a good TV based Launcher with all needs ,

a try worth to support him ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                        Hi Guys ,

small Hint , User Mo123 made a good TV based Launcher with all needs ,

a try worth to support him ,

greetings / gefattern
                        Well..see..my post in his thread...some android 11 issues with that launcher
                        --------
                        on 4pda.ru the seem to have a new patch dated 5-20 for 8gb version

I will look for a soldering iron..tomorrow to see if the sd slot can be used
                        -downloaded twisteros...made a dtb file..will it boot?

Cheers

Comment

mo123 You can already flash the boot.img from Developer Options, no PC needed.
                          please clarify how?
                          Because... I lost root again after installing update.zip dated 5-20
                          - installed update all seems fine

Only thing I see in developer mode is dynamic update
                          It gives me : GSI arm64 and GSI+GMS
                          I clicked on first...let's see what it does

looks like trwp is under development
                          https://twrpbuilder.github.io/downlo...p/#tab=inQueue

Cheers
                          Last edited by mitchell4you; 05-26-2021, 23:29.

Comment

I have just bought a new Android TV Box model 2021, H 96 Max RK3566 4/32( Android 11) and installed the KODI app and the corresponding build on. I immediately noticed that the box has a big problem with this app and when I run the KODI app KODI loads and after a few seconds it resets and returns the screen to the basic default screen, sometimes it completely reset the box and restarts the box again. After many attempts, I sometimes manage to make KODI work normally until I turn the box off, after a new activation on, the same problems occur. Is there any way to fix this problem?
                            I tried 18.9 Leia with No Limits Magic build and 19.1 Matrix with Xenon Matrix build, and always exactly the same problem.
                            Kodi works for you on RK3566 ???, if so then something is wrong with my box maybe HW memory I don't know I guess?
                            I also can't believe that the box in the basic Android settings doesn't have Power Key and HDMI-CEC definition options.
                            Any advice would be welcome.

Best Regards / Sat-An

Comment

Sat-An

-I'v read your comments very carefully and its totally sucks

-your story same as my and some of users in Freaktab.... when we bought RK3399 Box(Brand "X99") KODI does not worked!
                              since about 5 years ago!

Those fuc.... RK devices are all same

note;after couple of updates etc., than Kodi will start!

and probably yours are also will start but when it will and what stable etc.,
                              pls be patient

-In the beginning do not install any "BUILD"!! just install 19.1 and wait

-other story ise,Android 10/11 and 9 ise fine but 10/11 have had lot of issues as well

I bought recently a new Box(A95X F4 with new chipset AML905X4) but it sucks too!
                              Android-10 does not work properly,some of Apk.s not compatible even lot of other issues too!!

Comment

Working...
                              X