Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try updating the box...maybe try another power supply... Sat-an
    - brain says faulty power supply not enough amp, when you ask to much..it resets
    If all fails...just return the unit ( aka start a RMA process with the store )

I did see the xenon build...and I was tempted to install it, but did not...but there where two version's firestick and 64bit shield tv
    Maybe try it later..

As far I can see..you are the only one reporting issues relating to kodi..
    looking at 3 forums and bunch of yt reviews...maybe you got a bad unit
    -I watched 2 movies and 3season of anime...on kodi 18.9
    - on a anime app using MX player some miner issues where video stutter sometimes in HW mode, but then works on HW+ mode?
    --Weird but now it plays fine..yes im watching movie ( on h96 ) and making this post ( on a separate android box )

about compatibility... Yeah..lots of root related apps are not working on and11
    -
    Cheers

Comment

@ mitchell4you

I have already tried everything you wrote, but there have been no changes. Now I tried with the new FW (USB File because OTA doesn't work for me, it reports that I have the last FW), I think the FW is from May 14. 21. Kodi 19.1 with Xenon Matrix build the same problems, while with Kodi 18.9 Leia is a bit better, less crashing and resetting.
      A new resolution of 3840x2160p30.00 has been added to the new FW.
      HDMI-CEC is still missing.

Cheers/ Sat-An
      Last edited by Sat-An; 05-30-2021, 20:19. Reason: wrong letter

Comment

I would be very grateful if someone who also has a H96 Max RK3566 box can confirm to me that Kodi works fine on this device. So at least I would know that the box has a factory defect and I would take it back to the store ??? or wait for a possible new FW update.

If the box has a defect I would most likely solve the problem with my huge hammer and trash can, because getting back to China is quite complicated (Customs, Export, Import).

Cheers / Sat-An

Comment

Originally posted by Sat-An View Post
          I would be very grateful if someone who also has a H96 Max RK3566 box can confirm to me that Kodi works fine on this device. So at least I would know that the box has a factory defect and I would take it back to the store ??? or wait for a possible new FW update.

If the box has a defect I would most likely solve the problem with my huge hammer and trash can, because getting back to China is quite complicated (Customs, Export, Import).

Cheers / Sat-An
          I don't think HDMI CEC will ever work on this device.
          For Kodi it won't work well, don't know about the crashes.

If you buy from China and pay with PayPal you can register for PayPal free return shipping.
          I used it once and paid $20 shipping to China to send something back.
          30 days later it arrived in China and I send the Post Office shipping invoice to PayPal, uploaded it on their site and they refunded me the whole shipping cost.

Better to get a Tox1 S903X or AM6 S922x that had 41 firmware updates and perfect video playback than be a beta tester for a device with all sorts of problems.

Comment

seems that a lot Boxes has it this CEC issue too
            so,I always get it "OFF"

++

I did a list for the 3566 Boxes;if any more pls add!

-H96 MAX
            -T95 Plus
            -X88 Pro 2
            -HK1 RBOX R2
            -X96 X6

awaiting more

all are same Bugs,issues etc., like our previous RK3399 Boxes as well!
            there is no firmware no support..... just they sold the Boxes and RUN!

for my opinion its not proper time to buy this new 3566 Boxes right now
            or if you wanna to buy just to directly 922 or still 905X3 more right choice

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I don't think HDMI CEC will ever work on this device.
              For Kodi it won't work well, don't know about the crashes.

If you buy from China and pay with PayPal you can register for PayPal free return shipping.
              I used it once and paid $20 shipping to China to send something back.
              30 days later it arrived in China and I send the Post Office shipping invoice to PayPal, uploaded it on their site and they refunded me the whole shipping cost.

Better to get a Tox1 S903X or AM6 S922x that had 41 firmware updates and perfect video playback than be a beta tester for a device with all sorts of problems.
              Since I will not wait for new updates of this f.. ing half product, I decided to buy a new box I chose between UGOOS AM6 Plus Smart Box S922X-J 4 + 32GB and Nvidia Shield Pro 2021 and opted for Nvidia Shield (not invented hot water again) the box has already been sent.

Cheers/ Sat-An

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good choice.

Originally posted by Kitay_Obsor_TV View Post
              Who needs the firmware? 20210413
              I just got the Vontar KK MAX 4/32 from aliexpress. But it got ****ed up in the bootsession. Then i got a screen showing (pic1) and i tryed to reboot the ****er

It did´nt help much and was at the same spot again, so i tryed firmware data reset And also ran into the same fault (after some thinking time on the device)

But then i buttplugged it into recovery and saw the faults (pic2) . So i was clear about what to do next. Rockchip has quite alot options to write FW to the emmc device.

But the device is so brand new on the market that the FW (Firmware) isnt to be found AT ALL anywhere... What can i do to get past this problem? And what partition has the problem?

I could find a image from another device and unpack the FW into partitions and try to write the single partition... But hey i really need help on this guys... What to do and any help to get?

Info: They use aliexpress.com as their website... https://yojia.aliexpress.com/store/2...19ec233fy5iFES

They also got a totally fake website at http://www.vontar.cn/index.htm which has no link alive. Only 1 link to their profile on aliexpress and 2 chineese videoes from the 80s.

specs:

Features :

Hardware Specifications

Chipset

Rockchip RK3566 Quad-Core 64bit Cortex-A55

GPU

Mali-G52 2EE

FLASH

EMMC32GB/64GB/128GB (Optional)

SDRAM

4GB/8GB DDR4

Power
              Supply Specifications

Power Supply

DC 5V/2A

Power Indicator (LED)

Power ON: Blue

Main Features

OS

Android 11.0

Support Decoder format

-H.265HEVC/MVC Main10 Profile [email protected] up to 4096x2304@60fps

-H.264 AVC/MVC Main10 Profile yuv400/yuv420/yuv422/@L5.1 up to 4096x2304@60fps-VP9 Profile0/2 [email protected] up to 4096x2304@60fps

-VP8 verision2,up to 1920x1088@60fps

-VC1 MPEG-4 MPEG-2 MPEG-1 up to 1920x1088@60fps

Support Media format

Avi/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg

Support Music format

MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/HD/FLAC/APE

Support Photo format

HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF

HDR

HDR10 and HLG modes

USB

1x Type-A USB3.0, 1x Type-A USB2.0

Card reader

TF cards

HDD file system

FAT16/FAT32/NTFS

Support
              Subtitle

SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB

HD video output

4K (4096x2160 pixel )

OSD type of languages

English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/
              etc multilateral languages

LAN

Ethernet:10/100M/1000MStandard RJ-45

Wireless

2.4&5GHz Dual-band Wifi, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

BT

V4.1

SPDIF/IEC958

Optical

Mouse/ Keyboard

Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle

HD

HD 2.0a for 4k@60Hz

AV

Support

Software Specifications

Network Function

RKMC 18.1, Vudu, Skype chatting, Picasa, Flicker, Youtube, Facebook, Online movies,etc

Other feature

Free Internet searching, thousands of android applications, many kinds of games, etc.

Certification

CE,FCC,ROHS

Accessories

Power adaptor, HD cable, User Manual, Remote Control

Option

Support mouse and keyboard via USB; Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
              Attached Files

Comment

I have this device and I have three questions about it

1- How to Root it?
                2- How to use remote control`s gyroscope instead of device sensor for gaming like as shown in the ad photo?
                3- How to connect it remotely by anydesk or teamviewer software from PC. it stuck at connecting page. also there is no option for remember checkbox while pressing "Start Now" and it cause problem in connecting unattended.

thanks for help
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdisj View Post
                  I have this device and I have three questions about it

1- How to Root it?
                  2- How to use remote control`s gyroscope instead of device sensor for gaming like as shown in the ad photo?
                  3- How to connect it remotely by anydesk or teamviewer software from PC. it stuck at connecting page. also there is no option for remember checkbox while pressing "Start Now" and it cause problem in connecting unattended.

thanks for help
                  Hi ,

is it not stock "rooted" ??? , better if possible to use Magisk for "root" ,

did you follow the steps discribed , look like it works over BT , so on the Box BT must turned ON , otherwise it wont work ,

the Games must support it too , like BeachBuggyRacing i think ,

for future , dont buy this shitty unsupported Boxes anymore , better look for a supported Box , Rom Updates / fixes / ....

from Devs or from Company ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

?
                    Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

is it not stock "rooted" ??? , better if possible to use Magisk for "root" ,

did you follow the steps discribed , look like it works over BT , so on the Box BT must turned ON , otherwise it wont work ,

the Games must support it too , like BeachBuggyRacing i think ,

for future , dont buy this shitty unsupported Boxes anymore , better look for a supported Box , Rom Updates / fixes / ....

from Devs or from Company ,

greetings / gefattern

hi

1- thanks, could you offer any guide for using Magisk on this BOX? i never used this tool before.

2- BT on the BOX is turned on and paired with remote control and working well as air mouse, but applications (like Bubble Level or any games) can not detect remote control`s movement in air and it seems waiting for TV Box`s own gyroscope sensor. then i repeat my question:
                    "How to use remote control`s gyroscope instead of device sensor for gaming like as shown in the ad photo?"

3- third question still remains.
                    "How to connect it remotely by anydesk or teamviewer software from PC. it stuck at connecting page. also there is no option for remember checkbox while pressing "Start Now" and it cause problem in connecting unattended."1- thanks, could you offer any guide for using Magisk on this BOX? i never used this tool before.

atteched photo:

Attached Files
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1) Patch your boot.img with Magisk and flash it through developer settings.
                      Lots of guides on freaktab.
                      2) Better get an airmouse and use an app to map touch points on the screen like octopus.
                      3) It's something you have to ask the manufacturer of your box to fix or send logs to Anydesk and pay them to add support for your device.

Originally posted by Mahdisj View Post
                    ?

hi

1- thanks, could you offer any guide for using Magisk on this BOX? i never used this tool before.

2- BT on the BOX is turned on and paired with remote control and working well as air mouse, but applications (like Bubble Level or any games) can not detect remote control`s movement in air and it seems waiting for TV Box`s own gyroscope sensor. then i repeat my question:
                    "How to use remote control`s gyroscope instead of device sensor for gaming like as shown in the ad photo?"

3- third question still remains.
                    "How to connect it remotely by anydesk or teamviewer software from PC. it stuck at connecting page. also there is no option for remember checkbox while pressing "Start Now" and it cause problem in connecting unattended."1- thanks, could you offer any guide for using Magisk on this BOX? i never used this tool before.

atteched photo:

Hi ,

no i cant , but you can find many Infos about it , even not sure if the new CPU is already

supported , you can ask Mo123 with PM , maybe he can help with that , about your

Remote problem , think you must press a specific Button , but which i dont know , look

if exist , in the paper description from the delivered Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I don’t know how much can this help , I have hk1 rbox r2 , the seller sent me an update RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img.7z

this box is rooted , I don’t know if firmwares are compatibles with other rk3566 , but it appear all these different boxes come from the same factory
                      topleo

Comment

Hmm...
                        It sad to see so many negative comments...
                        Life is like a chocolate box, you never know what your are gone get.. ( exsp when buying pre-sale )
                        the rk3566 doesn't feel any faster or more capable then the rk3288...from way back
                        Its just has more ram, space and has 64bit Os

anyway.. I'm of the powergrit for about a month now, aka only using solar
                        So, im down to bare essentials ( phones/tablet/shield/remix mini/monitor/dacs/headphones )

ps
                        Happy to see freaktab online again!

Comment

Found the source code

Firefly is a brand owned by T-chip Technology. It operates open source products, communities and online stores. It has a large number of enterprise users and developer users, and its products are well received by users. Firefly open source products include open source boards, core boards, industry mainboards, etc. The open-source board series is the recommended board card by chip original factory Rockchip and obtain the support of native SDK. The core boards and industrial mainboards are widely used in commercial displays, advertisement integrated machines, intelligent POS, face recognition terminals, internet of things, intelligent cities, etc.

there is even Ubuntu for it , I guess we could take the dtb from hk1 firmware and use it to compile a custom firmware from scratch, or even compile Ubuntu ..

I tried if binaries from firefly are compatible with my box ( extracted some app and some files from /system/bin that are not included on my box and they worked ...

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
                            Found the source code

Firefly is a brand owned by T-chip Technology. It operates open source products, communities and online stores. It has a large number of enterprise users and developer users, and its products are well received by users. Firefly open source products include open source boards, core boards, industry mainboards, etc. The open-source board series is the recommended board card by chip original factory Rockchip and obtain the support of native SDK. The core boards and industrial mainboards are widely used in commercial displays, advertisement integrated machines, intelligent POS, face recognition terminals, internet of things, intelligent cities, etc.

there is even Ubuntu for it , I guess we could take the dtb from hk1 firmware and use it to compile a custom firmware from scratch, or even compile Ubuntu ..

I tried if binaries from firefly are compatible with my box ( extracted some app and some files from /system/bin that are not included on my box and they worked ...
                            Different manufacturers use very different code in their SDK's.
                            So don't expect it to work for this device especially if the SDK is updated and you try to mix it with old files from your device.

Comment

Working...
                            X