Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never got any response from the factory , can you send me on private the factory contact? I want to compile codi to suppor real hardware decoding ‘ hdr

I got the images from the seller on AliExpress that sold the box , but it’s me having to send them a message every few months ... not ideal

Comment

I'm not sure if H96MAX RK3566 and HK1 RBOX R2 are made by the same factory

but you can try these public contacts - factory and seller
      +86 178 4090 1693
      +86 137 1068 7252
      +86 130 6691 3062
      +86 188 9877 9885

Comment

Does anyone have this mode in Device Preferences - Display - HDMI - Resolution - 3840x2160p60.00 (4k60p) on H96MAX RK3566?

Comment

Djdram , I saw your post on 4pda , I just can’t type the Russian captcha or Russian to type there ... but I am a reader

the bottom toolbar is not from the launcher , is part of hk1 firmware , even when using a different launcher , the bottom toolbar appears

after opening different devices Imgs ... took from each apks ... sadly , none have yet any 3rd party player working with rk libs ... not even kodi , but it works ( for me)

got kdplayer from one device , is the only one with PVR enabled , that makes my IPTV work great ... in some cases I use TvhClient and make it choose the device legacy player which is using HARDWARE ... in some cases it makes huge difference ...

watching the 4K hdr webm file with legacy player ... cpu usage was 1 , 2% .... nothing compared to 30% when using the other players (software) ...

I am not familiar with building firmwares , but ... all the tools are available ... rk android tool handles update.zip files i think ... and can be customized

dtd for each device are inside each firmware IMG files , I extracted the one for my device and de compiled to text to use with source ...

android source , and rockchip sources are all on GitHub ... if I had the time ......

in the other hand .. this is a new chip and new devices are popping out using it ... even SBC ... and there is even Ubuntu for it already. ... it’s just a matter of using the right dtd when building the image ... and having a way to test new images ... say boot from sdcard 1st. ...

a few months from now I guess it will be all available .... I hope

Comment

There is a suspicion that they economize on HDMI in some batches
            Everywhere in the specifications, HDMI 2.0a is declared,
            but it looks like in H96MAX RK3566 it is installed selectively (1.4 or 2.0)

Comment

Well..that sucks
              How to know..if you have one or the other?
              What if you wish to buy a unit...people just have to gamble?
              What is the return policy of the vendor?

Seems this vendor..is going on my short blacklist

Comment

Djdram ... the hdmi2.0a , comes directly from the cpu ...

As you can see https://www.96rocks.com/blog/2020/10...66-highlights/

There is no difference , no pin out difference , between hdmi 1.4 , 2.0 20.a 20.b or 2.1

the difference between the versions are the data transferred and different specs ... the only difference between hdmi 2.0 and 2.0a , is the introduction of HDR

60hz was introduced on 2.0

you guys talk about a soldering issue ... if I was you I would open the box and look through a magnifying glass if there is any solder issue where the hdmi port is soldered ...

if you see 2 pins soldered together , or missing solder , you can take a picture and have your device switched

Hdmi 2.0 and hdmi 1.4 pin out is the same ....

cables , are different ... ports are the same ...

just like Ethernet .... 10/10/1000 Ethernet ports are the same ... but the cable you use sets the speed ...

Comment

Djdram ... the hdmi2.0a , comes directly from the cpu ...

As you can see https://www.96rocks.com/blog/2020/10...66-highlights/

There is no difference , no pin out difference , between hdmi 1.4 , 2.0 20.a 20.b or 2.1

the difference between the versions are the data transferred and different specs ... the only difference between hdmi 2.0 and 2.0a , is the introduction of HDR

60hz was introduced on 2.0

you guys talk about a soldering issue ... if I was you I would open the box and look through a magnifying glass if there is any solder issue where the hdmi port is soldered ...

if you see 2 pins soldered together , or missing solder , you can take a picture and have your device switched

Hdmi 2.0 and hdmi 1.4 pin out is the same ....

cables , are different ... ports are the same ...

just like Ethernet .... 10/10/1000 Ethernet ports are the same ... but the cable you use sets the speed ...

edit: .... actually , after looking at the hdmi pin out .... I am sorry to tell you .... but naaahh. .... a soldering issue doesn’t exactly make a device not use a specific rate ...

that’s not how hdmi works ... this hdmi pin out ....
                  1 TMDS Date 2+
                  2 TMDS Data 2 shield
                  3 TMDS Data 2-
                  4 TMDS Data 1+
                  5 TMDS Data 1 shield
                  6 TMDS Data 1-
                  7 TMDS Data 0+
                  8 TMDS Data 0 shield
                  9 TMDS Data 0-
                  10 TMDS Clock+
                  11 TMDS Clock shield
                  12 TMDS Clock-
                  13 CEC
                  14 HEC Data-
                  15 SCL (Serial Clock for DDC
                  16 SDA (Serial Data Line for DDC
                  17 DDC / CEC / HEC Ground
                  18 +5 V Power (50 mA max)
                  19 Hot Plug Detect (1.3) / HEC Data+ (1.4)

Comment

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

There is information that new devices come with the installation of the same updates, and work in 4k60p
                    While there is no point in opening the device for inspection, we are waiting for a response from the manufacturer's factory
                    Last edited by djdram; 08-27-2021, 08:34.

Comment

There is no difference between hdmi 1.4 and hdmi 2.0 ports ... same port ... same pins ... same pin out ... just faster speeds enabling mor bandwidth ...

19 pins , same function

posting pictures with “ epic fail “ message is the dumbest thing you could do ... read some about the differences between the different versions ... then talk

you circled something saying it’s compatible with both specs .... “backward compatible” just like usb 1.1 / 2.0 bs

if you have resolutions higher then 4K ( you Showed that in one of your posts) ... you can’t say you are on 1.4 mode ...

if you have HDR ... you are in 2.0a mode

my device ... doesn’t show me any resolution higher than FULLHD ... because it’s not currently connected to a monitor / tv compatible with 4k

but the moment I plugged in the device to the 4K hdr tv ... every option showed and worked ...

the spec also shows .. 3-d formats .... I can say , since I have a 3D tv , that 3D mode is not enabled , my tv doesn’t change to 3D mode when I play 3D Blu-ray’s on kodi ..

but this is because THEY did not add this option to their firmware ‘ software...

edit : ... checking hdmi specification .... 4k60p is Also part of hdmi 1.4 .. ( if switching to 4:2:0 color settings )

2.0 increased bandwidth , enabling full 4k60 ( 4:4:4)

2.0a added hdr , 2.1 added 8k ( in doubled bandwidth )
                      Last edited by Trigu75; 08-27-2021, 07:47.

Comment

So, the vendor is not changing parts...with cheaper parts... i thought you talked about this djdram

So, its a software issue?

Maybe to night...i will see...if i can take the latest firmware and extract the boot.img and root it then flash it

time will tell

Comment

The HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 pinouts are the same, but from a technical point of view, it is impossible to update the software only for the HDMI version, since additional integration is required on the board, which may not have been done
                          When H96MAX is connected to FullHD TV, 4k30p available for manual selection, but if you select it, the signal disappears
                          So the list of permissions available for manual selection does not depend on the TV model and cable.
                          FullHD TV

4K HDR TV

so the question arises why there is no 4K60P in manual selection! Epic FAIL ))
                          Last edited by djdram; 08-27-2021, 09:30.

Comment

Also to add, I do remember on an older firmware kernel version, I compared and had the exact version as one of the promotion videos.

They had 4K60 where as mine did not, on the exact version.

Comment

There is no integration needed to do at all ... and if you open your box ( like I did .. for some reason I’m getting upload error trying to upload the picture ). You will notice .. no soldering issue .. every pin is there ... all soldered ... and all rails from the pins going from there to to cpu .....

there is no HARDWARE difference between 1.4 and 2.0 ... and if there is a “switch to select the hdmi mode” ... it’s controlled by software ...

a register setting “ hex code “ set to a specific memory address

I can’t talk much about h96 max .. as I have hk1 board ... as I said ... if you look the the factory link I posted ... they all come from the same factory

thats how Chinese work ...

if I had another board to play with I would try create my own firmware , since sources are on GitHub ...

did it once with “VIDON” devices years ago ... they had android boxes running at 720p , claiming video play is 1080p but android can only work at 720p ... and I proved them wrong ..

( and released the license free kodi with all the 3D Blu-ray menu features and hd audio enabled option full hardware decoding , and full hd android GUI)

Comment

Originally posted by zeroprobe View Post
                                Also to add, I do remember on an older firmware kernel version, I compared and had the exact version as one of the promotion videos.

They had 4K60 where as mine did not, on the exact version.
                                The same situation, the owner at 4pda received a box of H96MAX - on August 10 he has the software that I use (kernel and build). but it also has 4k60p available in both auto and manual selection

problem hardware, not software

Comment

Working...
                                X