Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 MAX Rk3566 4/32GB or 8/64GB Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 Gig Lan Google Voice Youtube Rockchip Android 11 Smart TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
    Hmm.. Downloaded the files from zeroprobe
    Thanks
    I see: XDA tread : you made a backup, edited the files...Cool
    _____

My unit came into day... 8/64gb version
    Will take some time..to get to know the device ( before flashing and stuff, if required)

Cheers

--------fw rk356x_box-userdebug 11 RQ1D.210105.003
    USB DAC support really good ( meizu / dragonfly's perfect playback plug and play ) (default color is magenta = 96khz ) (jitter free)
    Ota update says latest version
    wifi strength average / my tablets and phones see a lot more WiFi networks
    Remote range really bad / keeps blinking with new batt / airmouse works great
    CPU throttle says : allcores offline ? At 0.10 GHz ? Running test shows quite a bit off throttling
    Vanced YouTube with spoof : allows HDR playback
    android is android TV based / no notifications bar / no taskbar / 2 settings appz-pages / sound: no option to route sound to other devices like dacs
    Android 11 sdk30 arm64v8a arm-v7a widevine L3 clearkey 1.2
    RKMC kodi 18.9 is preinstalled info shows : 4cores at 12% with 6.4 gb of free ram / kernel 4.19 / batt level 50% / audio route option not given
    Bromite 64bit works good / preinstalled Firefox shows : banner no longer supporting android TV version
    Aurora market works / sentio works, but enabling appz in window doesn't work or even 50% 50% / Kodi 19 64bit works
    pcb = hcy-rk356x-1x32-v12 builddate = 2021-03-15 WiFi chip= hcy6355

On my amazon 4k stick.. I tried to watch a really really long movie, but the unit stated : running out of space!
    The rk3566 however played the movie without issue

"Smart YouTube next" has need options like 8k vp9+hdr with auto framerate switching... ( sadly I'm on a 27" monitor without HDR support )

Tweaking
    Developer options has lots of options like
    Disable google apps / disable "suspend execution of cached apps" / disable auto run "stress test for rockchip" and "google" / force sRGB

Root acquired... Was a pain to get unit into "loader" ( unit powers up from otg cable - so it needs enough power from USB )
    -methods : remove all cables / get ready to push reset button / connected otg cable unit will light up blue / hold reset button ( hope and pray it works )

Downloaded jellyfish 4k uhd 10bit 140mbps :
    Mxplayer some frame drops / off Kodi horrible frame drops / media center looks good / nova lots of framedrops

Rooted Boot.IMG for 8/64 version : https://ufile.io/bvd83kml
    Kodi/RMMC 18.9 for those with rockchip devices : https://ufile.io/t82z6tas
    Rooted Boot.IMG for 8/64 version : https://ufile.io/bvd83kml is expired. please renew.

Comment

I flashed the X88pro 20_rk3566_4d8_11.0_ap6255_20210424_r1(X88pro20 8g-1.0.1) img but stock on its first page. i can not access recovery or boot. i need to flash a new set:
      loader
      parameter
      misc.img
      boot.img
      kernel.img
      recovery.img
      system.img

any help finding those, would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nyceyes View Post
        Hello. Does anyone know where to find the latest firmware for the H96MAX RK3566 box, whether IMG form or OTA form.

I tried the IMG version listed here, but it won't load into the flash tool, and I tried several flash tool versions. So perhaps that isn't a valid image. The image is dated as 20210810, but again I can't get it to load into any flash tool. Can you?

Either way, does anyone know where I can download the latest? Thank you.
        Hello, You can find firmwares here.
        I did the upgrade with the tools on this page.
        But several times during the upgrade to version 20210810.1920, the operation encountered error and stocked. Therefore, I repeated the operation several times with different versions, and finally, by returning to version 20210520.2058 and upgrading again to version 20210810.1920, it was successfully performed. If I remember correctly, some were done correctly in restore mode and some in upgrade mode.

Comment

Hi Mahdisj Thank you for the pointers and advice. I will try both the image and tool that you pointed to. I'll report back my results.

Comment

Originally posted by Rfdslx View Post
            I flashed the X88pro 20_rk3566_4d8_11.0_ap6255_20210424_r1(X88pro20 8g-1.0.1) img but stock on its first page. i can not access recovery or boot. i need to flash a new set:
            loader
            parameter
            misc.img
            boot.img
            kernel.img
            recovery.img
            system.img

any help finding those, would be appreciated.

firmware H96 MAX not support X88pro20

Comment

Several months after its release, would you recommend this H96 Max and the X88 Pro 20?
              Is IPTV working well? Video and audio playback? Is it possible to switch boxes to Android TV or use Linux distributions? If yes, which ones ?

I have the impression on this forum, that many people advise against the RK3566 ...

Comment

Originally posted by zeroprobe View Post
                I've got this box Magisk rooted.

Below link is the patched boot.img - This is for the 4GB 32GB Rom variant and needs flashing
                Only try if you are experienced.

How to do and flash:

Install DriverAssistant.
                Download the Firmware file - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F29OpGlUWmyfKA?w=1
                Open RKDevTool
                Take power cable out of box.
                Hold the Reset button and then connect box to PC via USB - Let go of Reset after a second.
                RKDevTool should now say Found One Loader Device.
                Click Dev Partition - This will give you the Partitions and addresses for boot - I've already included the config_16.cfg from 4GB box.
                Right click Load Config - Select config_16.cfg
                Untick all except boot.
                Choose the boot_magisk_H96Max_4GB_RK3356.img
                Click Run - This will flash
                Once flashed, boot the box up and install Magisk Manager.
                When accessing Magisk Manager, there seems to be a bug saying another su is detected. Ignore this and root works fine with all apps.

Below steps are just background and how to restore original firmware.
                Extracting your own boot.img from firmware.

Extract imgRePackerRK - This is patched to open all RK chips.
                run imgRePackerRK 8G-RK3566_userdebug_H96_Max_RK3566_11_20210421.2051.i mg
                Navigate to created .dump folder.
                Copy boot.img to device
                Open Magisk and Patch

Restoring original firmware.

Open FactoryTool_1.72.2
                Open stock firmware.
                Access box recovery as from steps earlier, holding reset.
                Scroll to Port > Loader
                Click Run
                I have a problem to getting proper config_16.cfg it has only info about the bootloader and parameter. When I check config_16.cfg from zeroprobe, there are lot more info from his rom than in mine.
                So can someone give me a detailed instructions of how to properly extract my FW.img file. I've already try with command from zeroprobe, but it ended withhout succes. Than i try with /cid command and image was unpacked but seems not OK, at least config file is somehow strange:

F:\RK\imgRePackerRK_107h_test> .\imgRePackerRK.exe /cid X88pro20.img

imgRepackerRK (version 1.07h_test windows)
                Rockchip firmware batch/update images unpacker/packer

(c) RedScorpio, Moscow, 2013-2019
                [email protected]

Detected OS: Windows 8 Pro [build 9200] x64
                Real OS: Windows 10 Pro [build 22543] x64
                ==========================[ START ]==========================

--- Firmware unpacking ---

"RKFW" image file detected

Batch image header from "X88pro20.img" was read
                Image properties:
                Type RockChip batch image ("RKFW")
                Version 11.0.0
                Date 2021.07.30
                Time 14:32:36
                ChipID 0x33353638
                Code(?) 0x01060005
                RKFWtype 0x00000001
                Unknown_1 0x00000000

-- loader.bin processing --
                "X88pro20.img.dump\loader.bin" saved

-- update.img processing --
                Update data header from "X88pro20.img" was read
                - Files extracting -
                Image files count = 12

package-file (package-file) extracted (format: unknown)
                bootloader (Image/MiniLoaderAll.bin) extracted (format: unknown)
                parameter (Image/parameter.txt.parm) extracted (format: RockChip PARM signed file)
                "X88pro20.img.dump\Image\parameter.txt" extracted
                uboot (Image/uboot.img) extracted (format: unknown)
                misc (Image/misc.img) extracted (format: unknown)
                boot (Image/boot.img) extracted (format: Android boot image)
                dtbo (Image/dtbo.img) extracted (format: unknown)
                vbmeta (Image/vbmeta.img) extracted (format: unknown)
                recovery (Image/recovery.img) extracted (format: Android boot image)
                baseparameter (Image/baseparameter.img) extracted (format: unknown)
                super (Image/super.img) extracted (format: sparse image)
                backup (RESERVED) skipped

- rkCRC summ of update.img checking -
                Stored rkCRC = 0xa02aac80
                Calculated rkCRC = 0xa02aac80

Configuration file for RKAndroidTool v.1.xx (8-bit) created
                Configuration file for RKAndroidTool v.2.xx (16-bit) created

- md5 summ checking -
                MD5 summ ("X88pro20.img.dump\image.md5") saved
                Stored MD5 = "44893b9f2da8b293b4d023f8c5ae6d28"
                Calculated MD5 = "44893b9f2da8b293b4d023f8c5ae6d28"

- image.cfg creating -
                image.cfg created

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
                  1) , this is from MAY .... before all the firmware updates

2) this is the guy who took the hk1 rbox r2 box , and shoot it saying HDR was not working , no 4k60p ,no 5g wifi and other things ....

no idea what is the deal with that guy , all is garbage for him , I guess that's how he makes money and bringing viewers / subscribers

when in real life ... my box have everything working just fine , wifi , HDR , and 4k60 (with latest firmware on july) .

and not only that .. is the only box which came with ROOT enabled , and even is able to boot a different OS from sdcard (that was built for firefly-roc-pc-3566 / stationpc m2)

compiled libmali , mpp , ffmpeg with rkmpp support , mpv , ligdrm and librga and playing smooth hardware decoded videos under armbian linux

my 4k60 / HDR pictures ... were taken using a samsung 4k TV ..

and the fact that all these boxes , come from the same factory is what pisses me off

it's one maker , running the same command , with different "software customizations" depending the "brand name

even the so called "ROM DEVELOPERS" from here .. are keeping it all a secret just like the chinese .. don't know why

did you see any link to github source for any released firmware mod? , custom firmware? they just release "new firmware" without showing what "changed" although is all GPL OPEN SOURCE
                  Hi Trigu75 what's the version on your firmware?
                  I just bought HK1 RBOX R2 box. It can't play 4K60 YouTube video on my 4K SAMSUNG (RU7100) (stats says max res is 720p60 HDR??? ). 4K30fps video plays fine.
                  I happen to have a 4K DELL monitor (S2721Q) on which I can toggle HDR on and off and can confirm 4K60 YouTube cannot be played when HDR is on.
                  So I reckon box is not really compatible with HDR??
                  My firmware version is 20210630

Comment

I have firmware 20210705 , kernel version 4.19.172 from mon jul 5 14:10:45 cst2021 , “20210630’ is a buggy firmware

4k60p,HDR YouTube works fine for me, even posted pictures

4k60p HDR mp4 also works

the issue is you have 2 types of HDR , av01 and vp9

vp9 works , av01 doesn’t

Comment

Thanks a lot mate I just read the other comment. I can confirm that HK1 RBOX R2 plays 4K60 HDR seamlessly on its native Media Player, but none of other players (Kodi VLC Nova etc...) could trigger HDR.
                      Are you able to play 4k60 HDR directly on YouTube app? Every time I come across 4k60 HDR on YouTube app, the box would stutter at 720p60 HDR (pic attached). I must turn HDR off to play that video directly on YouTube app.
                      Is there anyway we can turn off HDR completely on YouTube app ? Or any YouTube app version with no HDR support?
                      Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1074.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	829252

Comment

I don’t have that issue, is that the app or YouTube from browser ? I know that usually happened if you watch YouTube from the browser , but anyway

install smarttube next , you will never ever use YouTube app ever again ...

It is hardware accelerated , ads free , and you get all the options , including type of hdr

I also had no issues with streams on stremio (4k60p hdr)

kodi , nova , don’t have ffmpeg with rk hardware decoding support , and use software decoding , that’s why you experience these issues

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                          see:

old version = no sdcard...but you can solder one
                          New version = has sdcard ( it seems )
                          Are you sure that image you linked is the H96 MAX? It looks more like the X88 Pro 20.

Comment

cant find the root.img. is there any link ?

Comment

there is no root.img

Comment

I uploaded boot.img : (rooted with magisk )
                                Download magisk_patched-22104_UgXtb.img for free from ufile.io instantly, no signup required and no popup ads

It's from month 10-2021 - only tested on 8gb version
                                Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                                X