No announcement yet.

X88 PRO 20 RK3566 Android 11 RK3566 8GHz 2.4G+5G WIFI Gigabit LAN Voice remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 2 of these recently at quite a discount - $67 each with 8gb ram and 64gb storage
    1st keeps on going into a boot loop and stays stuck on the "x88pro 20" screen. Trying to get aliexpress refund
    2nd one boots and runs but randomly reboots. At first I thought it was an overheating issue - but does not seem likely as I run it outside its case and with an external cooler fan - always keeping the temperature below 40C.
    The one that works - usually works for about 2 hours in one day and then gives up and goes into a boot loop as well, never getting past the x88pro screen after ~2hours of use. But when it works, i really like the performance - 8gb ram REALLY makes a difference to the snappiness and the number of apps that I can open. Cant wait for more 8GB ram boxes to come out which have stable firmware.

Questions if somebody has answers:
    1. Has anybody figured out how to root these?
    2. My main use case is to use them as a lightweight desktop replacement - chrome browsing, notion for notes, spotify etc. Seems to be working quite snappy. I want to use the desktop mode of Android or atleast have the split screen option - but thats not there. Any idea how to enable split screen?
    3. How do I get notifications working on Android TV?

Comment

Well this one is from hk1 rbox r2 RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img.7z.

it’s rooted , and their kodi (rkmc 18.9) is included

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post

Sorry, but this firmware is not rooted. Perhaps I did not find how to turn on the root?

Comment

Hk1 firmware is rooted
          you click settings , then click more settings , and that brings you a root option , you click there , you have a switch to turn root on or off saying “install root”

And supersu is also installed. , to test it I opened xplorer , which asked for root permissions to access the device / directory

alse tested using adb , All I did is adb connect “my device ip “ then adb shell , to get shell prompt , and there when I wrote “su”. I got. Root prompt “#”

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
            Well this one is from hk1 rbox r2 RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img.7z.

Hi! Did you put this firmware on x88 pro 20?

Comment

Originally posted by kostyacher View Post

Hi! Did you put this firmware on x88 pro 20?
              I've installed RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img on X88 PRO 20 and I can say it is a much better FW than the original one. It has a root option in settings and for me, the best thing is, that it has a status ad navigation bar by default. But the occasional reboot is still present. My previous TV box was Vorke Z6 (Amlogic s912) and it works much better and more fluid than this new one. Sadly I realized, that I should buy the one with Android 9, because all new boxes with android 10 and 11 have many problems with functionality, stability and is not user-friendly.
              The problem with the HK1 RBOX rom is, that the shutdown no longer works.
              So good luck with this box.
              Last edited by H-Tab; 02-14-2022, 11:19.

Comment

Hey friends, could you please instruct me how to install RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img .7z on my x88 Pro 20?
                I could not make it with adb and fastboot, since my pc doesn't recognize the device through USB.. don't know why, suppose it is the cable.
                But I got SD Card anyway, formatted it in FAT32, wrote the .img file on it, booted in recovery, selected "Apply update from SD card" but it doesn't see the file.. maybe it must be with specific name?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Can anyone provide me a link to instructions on how to root firmware with Magisk without TWRP - with boot.img patch. I hope that I have successfully extracted the boot.img and recovery.img file.
                  boot.img file is 37.010k and recovery.img file is 73.654k. I extracted from the latest version I found X88pro_rk3566_4d32_11.0_ap6255_8821CS_20210730_r2.
                  If that's right I just need instructions for patching with Magisk and how to install patched image - what software is needed for all this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sundblum View Post
                    Hey friends, could you please instruct me how to install RK3566_DC_R2_HK5235F_11_20210705.1409.img .7z on my x88 Pro 20?
                    I could not make it with adb and fastboot, since my pc doesn't recognize the device through USB.. don't know why, suppose it is the cable.
                    But I got SD Card anyway, formatted it in FAT32, wrote the .img file on it, booted in recovery, selected "Apply update from SD card" but it doesn't see the file.. maybe it must be with specific name?

Thanks for your help
                    If your PC does not recognize the device, you may need to load the drivers (DriverAssitant_v5.1.1) and then the easiest way to load firmware is with FactoryTool 1.72.2.
                    I prefer to avoid SD card mode because I have had bad experiences with this method from the past, so it’s best to find a way to do it online.

Comment

you may need to load the drivers (DriverAssitant_v5.1.1)
                      ..but they are available only for windows ( aaggh

Comment

https://mega.nz/file/VYcgUDQB#XEcbVO...a4TRWQ2FbTTH1U

use this one then , it’s the OTA version (update.zip )

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tab View Post
                          Can anyone provide me a link to instructions on how to root firmware with Magisk without TWRP - with boot.img patch. I hope that I have successfully extracted the boot.img and recovery.img file.
                          boot.img file is 37.010k and recovery.img file is 73.654k. I extracted from the latest version I found X88pro_rk3566_4d32_11.0_ap6255_8821CS_20210730_r2.
                          If that's right I just need instructions for patching with Magisk and how to install patched image - what software is needed for all this?
                          Could you provide the boot.img?

Comment

Originally posted by chroisen View Post

Could you provide the boot.img?
                            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

This is patched boot.img file from latest FW from this site . I've upload patcehed boot.img with RKDevTool_Release_v2.84. Boot.img is rooted with Magisk patch and is now rooted, but some things not working as I should - Adaway adblocker is not working well, etc. But rom is recognize as rooted.

But you should try.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tab View Post

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

This is patched boot.img file from latest FW from this site . I've upload patcehed boot.img with RKDevTool_Release_v2.84. Boot.img is rooted with Magisk patch and is now rooted, but some things not working as I should - Adaway adblocker is not working well, etc. But rom is recognize as rooted.

But you should try.
                              thanks!!!how to get old boot.img?

Comment

Originally posted by chroisen View Post

thanks!!!how to get old boot.img?

You can create it with RKDevTool, as shown in the image below. You only need the fw rom that is already installed on the TV box.

Comment

• gefattern
                                  gefattern commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Hi ,

maybe you can upload the 2.84 of RKDTool , Thanks / gefattern
                              Working...
                              X