Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T95 Plus RK3566 TV Box Android 11.0 Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 1000M 8K Google Voice Youtube Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95 Plus RK3566 TV Box Android 11.0 Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 1000M 8K Google Voice Youtube Remote

T95 Plus RK3566 TV Box Android 11.0 Dual Wifi BT4.0 USB3.0 1000M 8K Google Voice Youtube

Another 3566 with many flavours:

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Amazing looking device.........
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

No AV1 decoding?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        No AV1 decoding?
        Of course not and also no HDR10+.
        It isn't better than S905X3 for Android use except running in 64-bit mode.
        This chipset shouldn't even be in tv boxes, some no name companies trying to make generic devices and getting people to buy it thinking it is something new they must have.
        The RK3566 chipset is more for Linux work, dual-boot Android/Linux OS's that require 8GB RAM, to use it instead of a real PC.
        That is why there is so much RAM and NVME, Sata ports to connect fast storage(lacking from these manufacturers creating tv box form factors instead).
        Unfortunately you will get no support or drivers for Linux for these generic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

This chipset shouldn't even be in tv boxes, some no name companies trying to make generic devices and getting people to buy it thinking it is something new they must have.
          The RK3566 chipset is more for Linux work, dual-boot Android/Linux OS's that require 8GB RAM, to use it instead of a real PC.
          That is why there is so much RAM and NVME, Sata ports to connect fast storage(lacking from these manufacturers creating tv box form factors instead).
          Unfortunately you will get no support or drivers for Linux for these generic ones.
          I suspect that it may be a short lived SOC then in terms of TV boxes.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Why you say that. It's a bad SoC or just because you don't like it ?
            I buy my first Rockchip box (x88 pro 20) but not yet received

Comment

• mo123
              mo123 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it is your first Rockchip box then it should work well for you.
              It's definitely better than the RK3318/RK3328 that was released 5 years ago.

For people already having S905X3/X4 it won't provide any additional benefit, video playback will be worse and it will run at a higher temperature.

About the X88 20.. yesterday there was a premiere on youtube show casing it
            It had a nice big cooler.. but core 1 - 75c / core 2 - 65c / core 3and4 - 0c ? ( bit of throtling )
            the also show.. s905x3 not able to play 8k vids vs 3566... how off-cource plays them
            wierd enough.. the did not show Youtube playback or kodi (the did state more to come.. due time )

Any way... time will tell
            -I did buy it as replacement for my Remix Mini ( desktop pc ) there for I hope it comes pre-rooted
            android doesn't really do Multitasking.. thats why X64 and 8gb is a overkill ( i think mo123 means )
            If it gets support.. I hope it gets abit community support.. there are some dev rk3566/rk3568 boards announced
            And I do think.. 64bit is the way to go... Cheers

Comment

Thank you mo123 et mitchell4you for your explanations.
              I bought it because it has the GPU Mali-G52. I use kodi and for me model 4/32GB is enough.
              I have beelink GT1-mini (S905X2), I can compare them.

It's this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVVQoMm63ZA ?

Comment

Thanks for sharing.. did not see that video yet
                I was referring to this one : (Premiered Apr 13, 2021)
                RK3566的X88 PRO 20全球首测?还是预料中的翻车?我一直对瑞芯微的方案在stb机顶盒的表现嗤之以鼻,无论是之前的3399还是现在的这款RK3566,也许它更适合其他的玩法,那么今天就带来X88 PRO 20的测评体验,应该是全球首发吧,没看到海外有相关的review,那么对标S905X3到底如何,就一...

Hey shows PCB , 8k playback and CPU throttle app

Comment

just got this machine last week.
                  However, I have experienced a wifi issue. The network speed is extremely low when it is connected to wifi, nearly cannot online.
                  Hope there will be firmware fix it soon.

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I doubt it.
                    Likely a hardware issue.

Originally posted by sergeant View Post
                  just got this machine last week.
                  However, I have experienced a wifi issue. The network speed is extremely low when it is connected to wifi, nearly cannot online.
                  Hope there will be firmware fix it soon.
                  Most likely it will not be fixed by the manufacture, read Mo123's comments above, because you most likely just end up buying a paperweight

For Android TV box streamers it is best to buy from name brand companies that have a good reputation. Things to keep in mind is that these devices aren't thoroughly tested by a Research & Development team before launched to the Public. So when a new device comes out it best to wait at least 6 months to 1 year to see if the device gets support and that the manufacture actually fixes known issues.

Examples for some recent name brand companies:
                  - Google Chromecast with Google TV (2020), took 7 months to resolve pretty serious firmware bugs.
                  - TiVo Stream 4K (2020), took 9 months to release a firmware to fix it's biggest issues.
                  - Nvidia Shield TV (2019), some say the king of Android box, even had firmware issues that weren't fully resolved till 11 months later with a firmware release.

These devices in the examples did receive some firmware patches before the listed time frames above, but for the average end user these devices weren't suitable for purchase till after the time frames mentioned; so buying a device at launch you are then agreeing to be the beta tester for the companies.

Comment

It may have shipping difficulties to return the item. The cost of shipping already 1/4 of the item price.
                    The worst case is to use only LAN connection for the box.
                    Using the same playlist and player for IPTV, the decoding capability of RK3566 seems worse than RK3328 old machine

Comment

Originally posted by sergeant View Post
                      Using the same playlist and player for IPTV, the decoding capability of RK3566 seems worse than RK3328 old machine
                      Most likely just needs better Software optimization, RockChip like all Chip manufactures are Hardware performance minded first, then on the backend they devout maybe 10% or less of the time to Software and leave the final product performance up to outside embedded-software engineers and/or middleware development teams.

Comment

got a new firmware and still cannot fix wifi issue.
                        Finally got a refund

Comment

T95 Plus Android 11 Rk3566 Review Android Tv BOX

#t95plusrk3566review #rk3566 #tvboxandroid11

Comment

Working...
                          X