Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 X6 Android 11 RK3566 Quad Core 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Dual WIFI Gigabit LAN 4K HDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 X6 Android 11 RK3566 Quad Core 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Dual WIFI Gigabit LAN 4K HDR

Highlights

The X96 X6 TV Box is a little more careful in the field of external design than most of its counterparts in the market, since it has an aluminum box that favors cooling and an external antenna to improve wireless connectivity. Based on the RK3566 chip, a Quad Core with low-power 64-bit ARM Cortex-A55 processors that theoretically go up to 1.99 Ghz, with a Mali-G52 MP2 GPU and an NPU for IA with a 0.8 TOPS power, the X96 X6 TV Box runs on the latest Android 11 as OS, featuring Gigabit Ethernet and RAM options of 4GB/8GB DDR4 and storage of 32GB64GB/128 GB.

In the area of wireless connectivity, it includes Dual Band WIFI AC and Bluetooth 4.2 with an external adjustable antenna. The connectors that we have in this Smart Box are a USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0, SPDIF digital audio output, Gigabit Ethernet port and an HDMI 2.0a video output with support for resolutions up to 4k @ 60Hz with which we can use this Box as 4K @ 60fps media center at full resolution.

Geekbuying:
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

A few Coupons to keep the interest

4GB / 32GB
    $74.99 after coupon: GKBTVN6

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X96-...utm_term=X96X6
    4GB / 64GB
    $102.99 after coupon: GKBTVN5

8GB / 128GB
    $112.99 after coupon: IGRAAL7

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

X96 X6 issues :
      I recently bought 2 units (4+32GB) of this apparently excellent X96 X6 TV Box, and I am quite disappointed with some of their performance :
      - no way to connect these TV Boxes to any 5.0GHz WiFi network (channels 36-165) : I tried with various Apple AirPort routers (AirPort Express, Time Capsule, etc...) and even a Xiaomi AX-1800 WiFi 6 router, ZERO connection possible ! Only 2.4GHz WiFi channels are displayed and able to be accessed, worse the integrated Ethernet port is apparently not very fast = I could not go above 25Mbps download speed, even with 1Gbps fiber-optic connection at home. And when I replace these new X96 X6 units with my "old" X96S HDMI stick, which does not even have an external antenna, everything rocks, it can show and connect to any 5.0GHz WiFi network I tested ! Very strange behaviour ?!?
      - impossible to set any WallPaper for the background of the Android TV screen : in the Android "Parameters" application, the corresponding menu is simply "empty", and I have the impression that the Screen Saver is not working either, whatever trigger time I try to set ?!?
      - with some kids applications (like "Okoo" from France TV), the HD display at 1920x1080 is simply not recognized and the corresponding result is a "phone-like" very small display in the middle of the screen - when the very same application on my "old" X96S HDMI stick is working perfect - but under Android 9...
      - some other applications (like "Windy" for weather forecast and real-time cloud radars) simply cannot be installed from the Google Play Store, when they are fully available for other Android 9 and 11 devices (my Samsung phone and once again my "old" X96S HDMI stick...).
      - the last but not the least, in the pre-installed bunch of applications, there is an "HBG OTA" (labelled HBGIC - Energy Connect Us) with all its menus in Mandarin which is Chinese for me : I suspect it has something to see with firmware upgrades, but how could I find any relevant information to understand what it stands for ?
      Well, this represent a bunch of issues, not critical but quite worrying :
      now I hope that an upcoming firmware upgrade (OTA...) will soon fix these bugs, but I could not find any forum or technical support on the Internet for these X96 X6 still immature TV Boxes :-(

Comment

it sucks
        there is any 5Ghz WiFi connection WTF!!!

it works only 2.4Ghz!

because of device does not support and give you 5GHz WiFi ever
        with WiFi 2.4GHz you never play or make fast&stable internet connection with this shitty box!

I'v used tens of boxes in the past and all were with WiFi 5GHz connection lika a joke guys,I never believe this

DONT BUY THIS BOX!!

Comment

My Internet Speed(Fiber-optical) 100MB

>>"YouTube" Test 4K/60fps= with WiFi 2.4=cant play because of net speed seems about 12/15MB and freeze/stopped!

>>with Ethernet-cable connection I got about 65/75MB speed and played same

AND there is no "HDR"!!! WTF

my panel with supported DolbyVision+Atmos and as well as HDR support and tested some of YT HDR contents but failed!
          only played 4K-SDR !!

what a shitty box of this

No any HDR menu/option you to select!!

Comment

This site seems to have updates

However...unable to check..as this wifi network im on is blocking "Google"

Ps..
            What firmware version are you using? And whats the wifi chip used on x6?
            What ram sizes did you guy's buy

As for HDR...smart youtube next.. seems to give options for hdr playback

Comment

Hello Mitchell,
              the firmware version on my X96 X6 units is X96_X6_20210609-1721 : I could download the X96_X6_20210707-1726.img file available on the IPTVinTVbox website you indicated, but I prefer to wait for an OTA firmware upgrade to be officially released...

And the Android 11 Kernel version is 4.19.172 published on June 9th 2021, with Android Security Update as of April 5th 2021.

I don't know for the WiFi chip installed on this X96 X6 TV Box, but what is weird is that when I try to display the network details in the ADA64 app, I can see "WiFi 5GHz BandWidth : Supported" even if I swear that was NEVER able to access nor display ANY 5.0GHz WiFi network I tried - whatever channel I configured on my router :-(

Comment

like a dream or like a Joke

>my device F/W;20210606-1721

++

>Remote unit such a stupid! zero sensitive! (meanwhile I'v Airmouse and it works)

>NO "HDR support" do you believe guys this happen??? BUT they given on the paper Advert etc., with "HDR"!!
                >NO WiFi 5GHz support;when you check your available networks:as y'll see all yr neighboor/your etc., nets and no any "5G"!
                seems that this device does not support 5GHz or if available and supported,so,this time where is this shit 5GHz icon???

++

well,for me at present "HDR" not a vital happen BUT WiFi 5GHz so important! otherwise you cant use your Box such a required high-bit rate
                or high capacity especially STREAMs even movies etc.,!!

once more I'v tried with Ethernet and with my 100MB Fiber-optical service and I'v got 65/75MB speed at all and with 2.4 I'v got 13/15MB only

++

DiSK64

.....I don't know for the WiFi chip installed on this X96 X6 TV Box, but what is weird is that when I try to display the network details in the ADA64 app, I can see "WiFi 5GHz BandWidth : Supported" even if I swear that was NEVER able to access nor display ANY 5.0GHz WiFi network I tried - whatever channel I configured on my router :-( ...

do you believe this?

as "ADA64": says "Supported"!
                so we do not see it this 5GHz band??? as you didnt saw and I didnt saw too

++

my device with RAM8Gb+ROM64Gb
                Last edited by bergamesk; 07-19-2021, 14:12.

Comment

I'll try it "YT NEXT" (I use this apk.on my other Box A95X4 F4 and its OK)
                  BTW YT Next has give HDR support to you(Option>>HDR is OK) but I'm not sure this new box has to be full compatible with this Apk.!!

Comment

...I tried - whatever channel I configured on my router :-(...

do not play much! obviously there is no any 5GHz band support!

no need to try your modem/router settings for searching any proper 5GHz bandwidth support

Comment

Sadly , it looks like OTA option is not working at all

i have the hk1 box , they all appear to be built at the same factory ...

the seller sent me links for updates , one for OTA file( zip file for USB key ) , and one for IMG file (burn using the rk tool ) , I already got 3 different updates from different months , but the box all the time say there are no updates when checking for updates ...

Found the source code for this chip

https://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/page/id/93.html. , they sell abc , and HDR works on their demo ( using android built video player , which was not included on our boxes )...

there is even Ubuntu for it , I guess we could take the dtb from hk1 firmware and use it to compile a custom firmware from scratch, or even compile Ubuntu ..

I tried if binaries from firefly are compatible with my box ( extracted some app and some files from /system/bin that are not included on my box and they worked ...

in my case , I didn’t check wifi , but I am on 1G lan / fiber , and Speedtest showed I’m getting full speed .... ( 900Mb down 100mb up ...) , one thing that is not working for me is Dolby digital through spdif ... dts is fine ... Dolby digital is fine over hdmi passthru

Comment

Originally posted by DiSK64 View Post
                        X96 X6 issues :
                        I recently bought 2 units (4+32GB) of this apparently excellent X96 X6 TV Box, and I am quite disappointed with some of their performance :
                        - no way to connect these TV Boxes to any 5.0GHz WiFi network (channels 36-165) : I tried with various Apple AirPort routers (AirPort Express, Time Capsule, etc...) and even a Xiaomi AX-1800 WiFi 6 router, ZERO connection possible ! Only 2.4GHz WiFi channels are displayed and able to be accessed, worse the integrated Ethernet port is apparently not very fast = I could not go above 25Mbps download speed, even with 1Gbps fiber-optic connection at home. And when I replace these new X96 X6 units with my "old" X96S HDMI stick, which does not even have an external antenna, everything rocks, it can show and connect to any 5.0GHz WiFi network I tested ! Very strange behaviour ?!?
                        - impossible to set any WallPaper for the background of the Android TV screen : in the Android "Parameters" application, the corresponding menu is simply "empty", and I have the impression that the Screen Saver is not working either, whatever trigger time I try to set ?!?
                        - with some kids applications (like "Okoo" from France TV), the HD display at 1920x1080 is simply not recognized and the corresponding result is a "phone-like" very small display in the middle of the screen - when the very same application on my "old" X96S HDMI stick is working perfect - but under Android 9...
                        - some other applications (like "Windy" for weather forecast and real-time cloud radars) simply cannot be installed from the Google Play Store, when they are fully available for other Android 9 and 11 devices (my Samsung phone and once again my "old" X96S HDMI stick...).
                        - the last but not the least, in the pre-installed bunch of applications, there is an "HBG OTA" (labelled HBGIC - Energy Connect Us) with all its menus in Mandarin which is Chinese for me : I suspect it has something to see with firmware upgrades, but how could I find any relevant information to understand what it stands for ?
                        Well, this represent a bunch of issues, not critical but quite worrying :
                        now I hope that an upcoming firmware upgrade (OTA...) will soon fix these bugs, but I could not find any forum or technical support on the Internet for these X96 X6 still immature TV Boxes :-(
                        Hi ,

the mistake you made and all others of us in the Past , we bought not supported cheap Boxes from

Companys that are not interested to support only to sell new cheap shit to make Money ,

all your problems are made by Firmware full of Bugs , better to buy Boxes that Devs like Mo123

and other support in this Forum , my last Box was a RK3399 / X99 Box , my Box has the same 5Ghz

problems they not show up , sometimes after several reboots , from time to time , it works , but Speeds

are bad too because of the bad FW , learn from this mistake , get your Money back if possible , buy a Shield ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

FYI

removed/opened upper cover

wifi chip

AM7256

V15521N
                          98BA

note;tried f/w update but failed and seems that box bricked/does not opened(power failure!) also update hole does not help too

Comment

I bricked mine , power was shutdown during firmware upload ... I fixed it holding the reset button while off , usb cable connected to computer , firmware waiting for device ... and plugging the usb and power .. and the device appeared on the tool so I stopped holding the reset button. ... 4 minutes later ... all good ...

also by mistake found that if you hold to much . It loads android recovery screen , to get the menu you click again the reset button then use usb keyboard to move

Comment

well,I picked up back all pieces on the box!

weather is etremely hot&humi

need cold beer and beer again cheers guys

Temp 40C/Humi 80% even SeaTemp 30/31C hahhaaaaa

got Miller Beer

++

...I bricked mine , power was shutdown during firmware upload ... I fixed it holding the reset button while off , usb cable connected to computer , firmware waiting for device ... and plugging the usb and power .. and the device appeared on the tool so I stopped holding the reset button. ... 4 minutes later ... all good ...

I did it same and bricked(shutdown) as same;during f/w upload!

pls explain once more your method? because seems many of them do this faulty f/w update hahhaa

Comment

Working...
                              X