Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 X6 Android 11 RK3566 Quad Core 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Dual WIFI Gigabit LAN 4K HDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys. Is exist some custom firmware for x96x6? Maybe someone can begin to make it?

Comment

Originally posted by saddas View Post
      Hi guys. Is exist some custom firmware for x96x6? Maybe someone can begin to make it?
      To add or fix what in the custom firmware?
      Who will spend hours to make a custom firmware for free for a device no one uses or even has that is full of bugs?
      It's also not possible to make custom firmwares since Android 10 for Rockchip devices anymore as the partitions are read-only and Google's security will make any modded firmware unbootable.
      You also need the source code of a device to begin with which is not available for X96 X6 as it's a generic device.
      Even Russian users gave up on RK3566 weeks ago and 4pda is a 20x bigger forum than freaktab.
      RK3566 devices are made for Linux and it's better to get a development board from Radxa, Firefly, Pine64 instead that has support compared to a generic RK3566 tv box device. For media playback, X3, AM6 Ugoos devices still have the best video playback apart from an Nvidia Shield.

Comment

mo123 wrote:
        To add or fix what in the custom firmware?
        I think very need to add root and also AV1 codec support (if it possible).

Comment

mo123 wrote:

I think very need to add root and also AV1 codec support (if it possible).
          You can already root with Magisk, flash patched boot image(unpacked through RKDevTool) through Developer options.
          AV1 is not supported through the hardware VPU chip, so won't ever work, only 480/540p quality through software decoding perhaps with apps like Kodi, VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can already root with Magisk, flash patched boot image(unpacked through RKDevTool) through Developer options.
            AV1 is not supported through the hardware VPU chip, so won't ever work, only 480/540p quality through software decoding perhaps with apps like Kodi, VLC.
            Thank you. About AV1 codec I meant software support. Could you explain step by step how can I get root on the device, please?

Comment

Thank you. About AV1 codec I meant software support. Could you explain step by step how can I get root on the device, please?
              720/1080p AV1 won't work, it's only supported on Amlogic S905X4 devices.

Install Magisk Alpha since Magisk has been abandoned by the developer since he joined Google's security team.
              A Magic Mask to Alter Android System Systemless-ly - File not found · vvb2060/Magisk

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Use RKDevTool/RKAndroidTool, load your firmware in the last tab and press Unpack.
              Copy the unpacked boot.img to your device and select it in the Magisk app.
              You will get a patched boot.img in your download folder.
              Flash this patched boot.img through Developer Options(Click 7 times on About, Build Info in TvSettings)
              Flash Image - Select boot partition then your patched boot.img
              If there is no TvSettings then use RKAndroidTool, Load partitions and flash the patched boot.img to the boot partition only(checkbox selected)
              Reboot the device.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

720/1080p AV1 won't work, it's only supported on Amlogic S905X4 devices.

Install Magisk Alpha since Magisk has been abandoned by the developer since he joined Google's security team.
                A Magic Mask to Alter Android System Systemless-ly - File not found · vvb2060/Magisk

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Use RKDevTool/RKAndroidTool, load your firmware in the last tab and press Unpack.
                Copy the unpacked boot.img to your device and select it in the Magisk app.
                You will get a patched boot.img in your download folder.
                Flash this patched boot.img through Developer Options(Click 7 times on About, Build Info in TvSettings)
                Flash Image - Select boot partition then your patched boot.img
                If there is no TvSettings then use RKAndroidTool, Load partitions and flash the patched boot.img to the boot partition only(checkbox selected)
                Reboot the device.
                Thank you very much. But it is very complicated for me. Could you make new firmware from 20210707 with the root and upload it somewere, please?

Comment

Thank you very much. But it is very complicated for me. Could you make new firmware from 20210707 with the root and upload it somewere, please?
                  I don't have time to do it, perhaps someone else with the device will, now that there are instructions.

Comment

How many user have had this weird box 4 or 5 ??

Comment

this is just my opinion, Don't buy any of these newer TV boxes yet...X96 X6...A95X F4....HK1 RBOX...T95.. the newer RK3566

Comment

right+

but even A95X F4 way better choice then all of these RK3566 Boxes

my device got Bricked
                        Bangood require photos! might be they do swap/full-refund/etc., I do not know

Comment

Here is something I found sent to me from Alibaba.com check it out. X96 X6 Smart Box S905X4 Amlogic Ram 2GB 4Gb Rom 64GB 128GB Dual WIFI BT Android 11,

I thought that the X96 X6 has the RK3566 in it, not the Amlogic S905X4....the model number is X96 X4...something seems fishy.....

Comment

its kinda "trap"

Comment

Banggood.com

has been accepted and offered to me "full-refund"
                              so this case ticket closed
                              once more thanks to Bangood+

Comment

if you get a replacement ... hk1 (r2) is rooted , is the one I have .. about custom firmware .. I am doing alot of research .. looking at source code and about to connect my device to serial and start to to play ....

av1 is not supported by the chip .. so no hardware decoding ..

there is a working ubuntu for RK3566 , and hardware decoding/encoding gstreamer and ffmpeg , which can be used to make a KODI for RK devices

there is even COREelec for older rk chips (rk3229 , 3118)

An open source software for Rockchip SoCs. rockchip-linux has 11 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

both rk3566 and rk3568 were added to main linux kernel .. and Kernel and MPP source (is daily updated on github , from what I read .. maybe we could make a tiny modification to make the device boot from sdcard , and if no sdcard then from internal storage .. this could be great for image testing .. and 1st step for freedom ..

Also waiting for Station OS release ... their image could have hardware enabled goodies to take ...

it's all about the dtb which can be extracted from firmware images , for each device , or from a rooted device through adb and dd

Comment

• mo123
                                  mo123 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  CoreELEC has no interest to add non Amlogic device support, I tried several times.
                                  It also has heavy modifications so even if you built it yourself for any Rockchip device, it would get stuck at the logo animation.

LibreELEC also has no interest to support new devices, will take a minimum of 2 years to get official support for a development board and almost no chance for a tv box.

It will take another year or two if we're optimistic to get RK3566/RK3568 mainline Linux support, only a few drivers are currently added.
                                  RK3399 has full mainline Linux kernel support and is considerably faster than RK3566RK3568. I would recommend it instead of RK3566/RK
                                  568 unless you have custom requirements like dual ethernet, small form factor etc.

Booting from sd-card is already the first priority then emmc, unless you flash the SPINOR storage for different boot requirements(cheap tv boxes probably skipped this storage to save costs).
                              Working...
                              X