No announcement yet.

Success , Armbian from station m2 on rk3566 android boxes !11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigu75 Did you finally solve it? I'm exactly the same as you. Armbian doesn't have any pictures
    Last edited by jinshakx; 12-10-2021, 08:29.

Comment

If I solved what?

I am able to load armbian

Comment

@Trigu75 I bought x96 X6 I don't know how to brush armbian through card HDMI No image Are you discussing whether there is a tutorial video for X6 brush armbian

Comment

It appears you need to do some debugging steps on console (uart) as it’s not booting the sdcard as it should

‘all I did to boot armbian , was to download an image , mount the image under Linux , changed the dtb file using my device extracted dtb file , then flashed it to sdcard using balenaetcher

Inserted sdcard , plugged in my device

uboot then sees the sdcard , and in my case recognize it as extboot Linux , and boots

if yours doesn’t , you must solder wires to the uart pins , and connect to console and manually type the commands to boot from it...

i don’t recommend flashing armbian to emmc , it’s not including hardware acceleration ( I had to compile drivers to enable them from rockchip source GitHub )

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
            It appears you need to do some debugging steps on console (uart) as it’s not booting the sdcard as it should

‘all I did to boot armbian , was to download an image , mount the image under Linux , changed the dtb file using my device extracted dtb file , then flashed it to sdcard using balenaetcher

Inserted sdcard , plugged in my device

uboot then sees the sdcard , and in my case recognize it as extboot Linux , and boots

if yours doesn’t , you must solder wires to the uart pins , and connect to console and manually type the commands to boot from it...

i don’t recommend flashing armbian to emmc , it’s not including hardware acceleration ( I had to compile drivers to enable them from rockchip source GitHub )
            Hi friend. Could you share how your compile drivers, and what repository you use? Does your compiled drivers can work on my device, can you share it also please?

Comment

Hi Trigu75!

I can't make my hk1 rbox r2 to work with armbian(I have the 8gb version). I'v tested bullseye with the 4.19, 5.16 and 5.17 kernel with sd card and usb drive but neither wants to boot, it's only booting to android.
              I used your dtb file, because i don't know how to get it from android. The imagerepackerRK doesn't work with this image:
              Download HK1 RBOX R2 Firmware Flash File Stock ROM, here we share latest firmware for HK1 RBOX R2 with flash tool & usb driver

Can you help me with it?
              Thanks

Comment

Your only solution is to solder wires to the uart holes , and use a usb2serial , on connect to console and watch the booting log , or even stop the boot process and make it boot the sdcard

That is the only way to debug why you are not booting the sd card , usb drive won’t work , unless you set uboot to boot from usb

in my device the boot order is SDcard , Emmc , USB , Network

Comment

Thanks, I will try debugging with uart if nothing else works. How can I change the uboot boot order? My device has the older Android version (20210630) and maybe booting from SD card is not allowed in this version. Is there any chance to solve this problem with flashing the newer version? (The software updater app doesn't work)

Comment

I have the latest which was released I thing a week after that one

yours have the no lcd bug I think

You should read some over the net about how ro work under uboot prompt

is easy when you understand what needs to be done

Comment

I flashed the newest Android but it didn't solved my problem. Are you using the newest armbian?

Comment

Here is the uart debug: https://pastebin.com/gW42Pjbj
                        Actually I managed to boot to armbian by ereasing the emmc, not the most beautiful solution. Now I just have to play with u-boot...

Did somebody managed to turn off the leds?
                        Last edited by ASDosjani; 02-25-2022, 23:00.

Comment

you dont have to compile the hw accelration for debian or ubuntu , they are updated to debian 11 and ubuntu 20.4

for mainline there is not yet good hw accc , for no mediacenter it is very good

and booting from sd without a working dtb is no use it would just hang

or even try booting mainline with a extracted dtb wont work

best try is a legacy 4.19 armbian/balbes150 or any other distro (slackware has also muliple board suport and legacy kernel) .

and for both legacy and mainline no mediacenter experience only in android

Comment

Did anyone manage to boot from the 5.16/5.17 kernel?

The legacy version is workinig, but java always crashing on it. I'm not sure it's because of the old kernel, but I'm assuming. It's working perfectly fine on raspberry pi 4 and it has 5.10 kernel.
                            I'm trying to run a minecraft server on it, different jdk versions were tried but it's always crashing. So any idea?

I'm stuck with the booting, here is the serial debug: https://pastebin.com/Zd3KBQuH

I'm also interested why armbian only see 4GB of ram, my tv box has 8.
                            Last edited by ASDosjani; 02-27-2022, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by ASDosjani View Post
                              Did anyone manage to boot from the 5.16/5.17 kernel?

The legacy version is workinig, but java always crashing on it. I'm not sure it's because of the old kernel, but I'm assuming. It's working perfectly fine on raspberry pi 4 and it has 5.10 kernel.
                              I'm trying to run a minecraft server on it, different jdk versions were tried but it's always crashing. So any idea?

I'm stuck with the booting, here is the serial debug: https://pastebin.com/Zd3KBQuH

I'm also interested why armbian only see 4GB of ram, my tv box has 8.

well that is easy it is your own mess

Firefly RK3566 Board

Rockchip RK3566 BOX DEMO V10 ANDROID Board

Linux version 5.16.9-media

meaning

a uboot from firefly

a dts wich proberly is not from your board

and sure a kernel wich is not from armbian or any other distro with rk3566 support

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy013 View Post

well that is easy it is your own mess

Firefly RK3566 Board

Rockchip RK3566 BOX DEMO V10 ANDROID Board

Linux version 5.16.9-media

meaning

a uboot from firefly

a dts wich proberly is not from your board

and sure a kernel wich is not from armbian or any other distro with rk3566 support
                                I copied Tigur75's dtb to boot/dtb/rockchip and changed the extlinux.conf to load that one. I'm new in linux so it's almost certain that I will ruin something. I managed to start mc server with legacy kernel, but it's randomly crashes while loading. I tried changing the cpu voltages and frequencyes because I think it is a stability problem, but nothing changed. I can run the server on Android with termux but that's hurting the performance. What should I do now?

And why is armbian and android only seeing 4GB of ram if it has 8GB? Android was seen 8GB at the very beginning but after I reinstalled it, it only see 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X