X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter2014
    replied
    I'm an absolute newby for Linux / Ubuntu. Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 11.10 on an old computer. It seemed to work fine. However today when I started the computer again the software center had

Question one above. Question 2 below.

Running off the sd card allows you to switch just as fast. Loader has to be 2.17 so it will boot. Just follow instructions as outlined in ugoos download section. If your going to run kodi on it you need to read mac1 forum on howcto set up sd card with his modified kodi or spmc.

Happy reading 😆

Leave a comment:

• humptydumpty
    replied
    I've got some questions and need some advice.
    2 months I have got my ut3s (4/32gb) from gearbest. Because I'm a android noob and even a bigger Linux noob I fiddled around with it and read a lot.

One of the first things I have noticed Linux doesn't has a software centre. (v 0.3.0 ?) I have read the first post and the changes in v 0.3.1 so I wanted to flash "Dualboot (Linux firmware) - v. 0.3.1" but I can't download it.
    Mega says it's not available for download any more. Where can I find another download?

Second: what is better flash the box to "Dualboot (Linux firmware) - v. 0.3.1" or flash it to android (which version?) and boot linux from a micro sd card? Do I get more app storage in android? And in Linux can I still install programs from the software centre? I'm going to use the ut3s with a NAS and a enigma sat receiver.

Thirdly: are there settings so I can resize the toolbar in linux programs? I can resize every thing but still the toolbar stays very small on my tv.
    Fourth: Does some one uses Xprivacy in android? How did you install it? I can't get it installed. (On my phones it's not a problem but on the ut3s I can't get it right)

All help is appreciated, Thx

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Hi Risky
    Thanks for Info.
    First i know this Version it is a Test Rom 23976 FPS TestRom.Connection Disconnection on Wifi i got on all 5.1 FW's but not on 1.3 from Mo,because i did not tested it,until now.
    On Lollipop i dont like the Navbar,i use Xposed Intaller and Gravitybox for Pie Control,with LP not possible you need a working CustomRecovery to flash Xposed,even for my KK
    i have no working CustomRecovery.
    I hope that Ava and Team make KitKat Stagefright Free and Fix some other Bugs like Sound on Touch & Equalizer BassBoost Bug and the delay or hang if you uninstall a App in
    Settings.

Have a nice Day

gefattern

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    There is an 4.4 Android, 2.2.1.b in the Ugoos downloads section, select "Ugoos Brand Products". I think it only addressed a video related issue, but I'm not sure.
    For my UT3, 3.0.2.b(5.1) is the latest. I don't know what the picture(below) at cjeman's link indicates.
    I have not loaded 4.4 on the box in a while.
    I do not know if 4.4 updates are being worked on.

As to the 3G dongle, I regret I have no experience with this.
    Are you having connection drops in all F/Ws or just the 5.1 varieties?

I think things have been very busy over at Ugoos in the last few months. Updates will probably come soon, now that they have released the AM1 and UT4. Hopefully that will free up some time for the UT3/UT3S/UM3.
    I agree that Kodi and Co are the focus of most of these devices, after all, that is the reason most buy them. Though I don't think Ugoos focuses on it to the exclusion of other uses or users. One of the things I like about the UT3 is the flexibility provided by the Linux variants. So I think they are aware that we are not all driven by the same Kodi-centric interest.
    I hope your issues get resolved soon.
    Maybe mo123 will find the answers, he's well steeped in the RK3288 and the T-Chip's boards.
    Good day.

From the link in cjeman's post....

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    To Risky,
    thanks but i already tested this Roms,but i can not use because the Wifi always shut on & off every Time.I already reported.A KitKat Update would be nice,i dont need LP,i use it for Gaming,Internet & listening to
    Music /2.0 Stereo,so i am a little bit pissed of if i see that only Kodi & Co are important.I am not rich and have not a fast Router Internet,i still use a 3G Dongle max 3.6 Mbits with 5GB DataPlan.
    For the OTA Update look Pictures on Ugoos Page follow the link of cjeman Thread "flash android version on ut3s" Post 6, on Picture stands 3.0.3b !!!!!
    So maybe new Version soon for other Models.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCritter View Post
    I have test the ROMs from mo123, but I return back to Ugoos 3.0.2b ROM. It have less bugs.
    I can say all ROMs have trouble with HD Sound (DTS-HD and TrueHD) if the framerate is set to 23.976 fps
    Have you tried my new Test ROM of today?
    It can work with Kodi 15.2(23.976 optimize) or Kodi 16b5(with newer PT method).
    It also has some sound improvements.
    What other bugs are there, so I can find out if Rockchip has a solution yet?

Leave a comment:

• Ico747
    replied
    My tests give same results. Ugoos 3.0.2b is more stable than ROM from mo123. Waiting for promised Ugoos end version.

Leave a comment:

• TheCritter
    replied
    I have test the ROMs from mo123, but I return back to Ugoos 3.0.2b ROM. It have less bugs.
    I can say all ROMs have trouble with HD Sound (DTS-HD and TrueHD) if the framerate is set to 23.976 fps

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Hello gefattern, There is a Beta Lollipop(5.1) 3.0.2.b available. It was announced here a while back. Info is available at the Ugoos blog. It runs pretty well, but as a Beta, there are some bugs. It is on it's second revision I think. Work is in progress.
    Also mo123 has a custom Lollipop firmware that is said to run well on the UT3(S).
    Have fun.
    BTW I have not heard of a 4.2 update since the last 2.2.0

If you are already aware of these things, my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Hi Team
    can anyone confirm that there is a new Update for the UT3.I saw some Pictures of OTA Updates with 3.0.3b ,and why the Team didn't give us a Link for download.
    Im still on 2.2.0 ,runs nice but not STAGEFRIGHT free,so a 2.2.1 STAGEFRIGHT FREE KK Version with some Bugfixes like BassBoost EQUALIZER Fix and Settings/
    App/ the Delay or Hang Bug if you uninstall an App would be nice.

Nice Day

gefattern

Leave a comment:

• guusrs
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    For that problem try - Go to Developer Settings, might need to click 5 times on build number.
    Then Tick 'Disable USB Sound Routing' or something like that to stop the sound going to USB devices like USB speakers, Ipods etc.
    Hi Mo123, I tried that, disabled the USB sound ROuting, but the problem still exists. And sounds stops as soon I plug in my MX flymouse receiver. But differently from beore: I get sound back when I unplug the receiver and restart the music or movie. Anyway, thx for your advice

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    moe123 I wonder if force 2d video is set to on in settings as well. wonder if that cause some of the artifacting in some machines?

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by guusrs View Post

Hi RISCy Dude,

Yesssss, that helped: I unplugged my MX flymouse USB receiver, rebooted and I got sound back!
    As soon I plug it in (in any USB-port) during playing a movie, sounds stops and won't come back until I reboot.
    My Trust USB receiver & mouse does not have this problem, so I can still use a mouse.

Thx Ugoos team, for the support.

Guus
    Hello Guus, mo123 has a solution for this . Please see his post above, post #55.

Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• guusrs
    replied
    Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    guusrs I almost forgot, I have posted a bug about no audio over HDMI, SPDIF and A/V, but it is only experienced when I plug in an older iPod via USB. If you have any USB accessories plugged in, see if you get sound after disconnecting them and rebooting..
    Good luck.

Update: Disregard this "bug", mo123 explains in the following post.....
    Hi RISCy Dude,

Yesssss, that helped: I unplugged my MX flymouse USB receiver, rebooted and I got sound back!
    As soon I plug it in (in any USB-port) during playing a movie, sounds stops and won't come back until I reboot.
    My Trust USB receiver & mouse does not have this problem, so I can still use a mouse.

Thx Ugoos team, for the support.

Guus

Leave a comment:

• TheCritter
    replied
    I have a problem with 3.0.2b
    In kodi I can play 3D iso files an I enable 3D Playback and this works. But if I enable passthrough over HDMI then the sound comes with DTS-HD, but I dont enable it. On DTS-HD have any second a pause if I enable 24p. Wirth 60Hz the HD Sound works fine, but the video does not play smooth. What can I do?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X