Firmware Upgrade Guide for Rockchip devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Upgrade Guide for Rockchip devices

Upgrade Guide can help you to reflash your device based on RK3066 RK3188 RK3188T RK3288 RK3368 RK3229

This is a common guide for reflashing RockChip based devices. All RK SoC supports the same applications and drivers for Host system. Differences can be in hardware parts, so you need to detect OTG port and recovery buttons correctly.

BEFORE START

What you need:

Image file

Host PC

USB OTG Cable

Supported host OS: Windows XP (32/64bit) Windows 7 (32/64bit) Windows 8 (32/64bit) Windows 10 (32/64bit)

The first thing you need is to download the archive with firmware. Inside archive, you find:

BatchTool or Android Tool - tool for reflashing

DriverAssitant - tool to install drivers and firmware image file

Firmware image

INSTALLING DRIVERS

Launch RK DriverAssitant and press “Install Driver”.

Apply all changes and warnings during installation until finishing message

CONNECTING TO PC

Run Batch tool or Android tool on your host PC.

In order to connect device with Host PC and run bootloader mode you should perform following steps:

1. Plug off device power adaptor.

2. Connect device to computer via usb OTG port, much better to use certified OTG USB cable from package.

3. Run Batch tool or RK Android tool

4. Hold the hardware recovery button.

5. Plug in power adaptor and Turn on device if not turning on automatically.

Tip: if you can’t hold recovery button or it’s broken you can reboot to bootloader from Ugoos power menu.

RECOVERY BUTTONS AND OTG USB PORTS LOCATION ON UGOOS DEVICES YOU CAN SEE IN THE END OF THIS INSTRACTION.

IF YOU USE ANDROID TOOL:

In Android Tool choose “Upgrade Firmware” inset. If you did everything correctly and the RK driver installed properly on your computer, ANDROID TOOL shows you message “Found One Loader Device “

Click “Firmware” button and specify the path to the firmware file. You need to wait until the program download information about the firmware, then it will display report on the screen. Now click “Upgrade” button to start reflashing device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

For flashing dualboot or clear linux firmware (for example dualboot UT3/UT3s/UM3 firmwares)

Run Android Tool. If you did everything correctly and the RK driver installed properly on your computer, ANDROID TOOL shows you message “Found One Loader Device “ In Android Tool choose “Download Image” inset. Default program configured to flash "clear" android on your device. If you want install “Dualboot” or “Clear Linux” click right mouse button by program window, and then select “Load config”.

3. Then choose one of configurations files:

 config.cfg - if want flash only Android

 config_dualboot.cfg - if want flash dualboot

 config_linux.cfg - if want flash only linux

3. Now click the “Run” button to start reflashing device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

IF YOU USE BATCH TOOL:

Run the Rockchip Batch Tool and click on the “…” to choose file with firmware. If you did everything correctly and the driver is installed on your computer, you will see green light on one of the indicators.

Now click the “Upgrade” button to the firmware of the device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

OTG usb ports and recovery buttons on Ugoos devices:

UT4/UT3+ new UT3s

Recovery button and USB OTG port is on the right side

UT3/UT3s

UM3

Recovery button is from the left to antenna connector

OTG USB port is left one.

UM2

UT2

UT1

Originally posted by Victor View Post
    Upgrade Guide can help you to reflash your device based on RK3066 RK3188 RK3188T RK3288 RK3368 RK3229

This is a common guide for reflashing RockChip based devices. All RK SoC supports the same applications and drivers for Host system. Differences can be in hardware parts, so you need to detect OTG port and recovery buttons correctly.

BEFORE START

What you need:

Image file

Host PC

USB OTG Cable

Supported host OS: Windows XP (32/64bit) Windows 7 (32/64bit) Windows 8 (32/64bit) Windows 10 (32/64bit)

The first thing you need is to download the archive with firmware. Inside archive, you find:

BatchTool or Android Tool - tool for reflashing

DriverAssitant - tool to install drivers and firmware image file

Firmware image

INSTALLING DRIVERS

Launch RK DriverAssitant and press “Install Driver”.

Apply all changes and warnings during installation until finishing message

CONNECTING TO PC

Run Batch tool or Android tool on your host PC.

In order to connect device with Host PC and run bootloader mode you should perform following steps:

1. Plug off device power adaptor.

2. Connect device to computer via usb OTG port, much better to use certified OTG USB cable from package.

3. Run Batch tool or RK Android tool

4. Hold the hardware recovery button.

5. Plug in power adaptor and Turn on device if not turning on automatically.

Tip: if you can’t hold recovery button or it’s broken you can reboot to bootloader from Ugoos power menu.

RECOVERY BUTTONS AND OTG USB PORTS LOCATION ON UGOOS DEVICES YOU CAN SEE IN THE END OF THIS INSTRACTION.

IF YOU USE ANDROID TOOL:

In Android Tool choose “Upgrade Firmware” inset. If you did everything correctly and the RK driver installed properly on your computer, ANDROID TOOL shows you message “Found One Loader Device “

Click “Firmware” button and specify the path to the firmware file. You need to wait until the program download information about the firmware, then it will display report on the screen. Now click “Upgrade” button to start reflashing device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

For flashing dualboot or clear linux firmware (for example dualboot UT3/UT3s/UM3 firmwares)

Run Android Tool. If you did everything correctly and the RK driver installed properly on your computer, ANDROID TOOL shows you message “Found One Loader Device “ In Android Tool choose “Download Image” inset. Default program configured to flash "clear" android on your device. If you want install “Dualboot” or “Clear Linux” click right mouse button by program window, and then select “Load config”.

3. Then choose one of configurations files:

 config.cfg - if want flash only Android

 config_dualboot.cfg - if want flash dualboot

 config_linux.cfg - if want flash only linux

3. Now click the “Run” button to start reflashing device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

IF YOU USE BATCH TOOL:

Run the Rockchip Batch Tool and click on the “…” to choose file with firmware. If you did everything correctly and the driver is installed on your computer, you will see green light on one of the indicators.

Now click the “Upgrade” button to the firmware of the device. At the end, you will see a report indicating a successful operation.

OTG usb ports and recovery buttons on Ugoos devices:

UT4/UT3+ new UT3s

UT3/UT3s

UM3

Recovery button is from the left to antenna connector

OTG USB port is left one.

UM2

UT2

UT1

thanks

what about this flashing method ?

H96 Max Upgrade to Android 7.1.2 Nougat✅ Watch Full Review: https://youtu.be/PFIef6DKdLQ➡️ Buy from Banggood: https://goo.gl/HWViwB ---✅ H96 MAX 7.1 Firm...

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

thanks

what about this flashing method ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr4W-ufPD6o&t=368s
      Basically the same, just another factory tool for reflashing more than one device at a time.
      Here is the link for some new drivers and fresh Android Tool version: https://mega.nz/#!i10zABBQ!C2D40cqDf...Ix1car7pZjRmqA
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the tutorial.

I flashed v88 mars II this way but before no devices found in the end I disconnected the box from usb otg and power adapter, now there is nothing over hdmi on screen and I tried multiple times again to flash it but I dont get connection on rkdevtool.

What shuould I do now?

Comment

Como como faço para da curto na nard da mini box rk3328 d16 o Windows não o reconhece ela é o mesmo modelo da mx9 mini

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldo aquino View Post
            Como como faço para da curto na nard da mini box rk3328 d16 o Windows não o reconhece ela é o mesmo modelo da mx9 mini
            Hi ,

please English , thanks

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by kidjej View Post
              Hello

Thanks for the tutorial.

I flashed v88 mars II this way but before no devices found in the end I disconnected the box from usb otg and power adapter, now there is nothing over hdmi on screen and I tried multiple times again to flash it but I dont get connection on rkdevtool.

What shuould I do now?
              Hi ,

i think you did something wrong , you must use Batchtool or AndroidTool for flashing a RK Box ,

of course you need a Win PC too , did you download the Drivers and Tools , please list what you

have (Tools) & what done , then we can look if it is possible to get your Box back to life ,

on more Question , was it bricked before ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

have a dead a95x r1 box how do i get it back to life i tried but nothing is working so far .. dont know if its the wrong firmware ....cpu-amlogic, ...model-r1....ram 2g... rom-16g...any help please ?

Comment

Originally posted by deetucks View Post
                  have a dead a95x r1 box how do i get it back to life i tried but nothing is working so far .. dont know if its the wrong firmware ....cpu-amlogic, ...model-r1....ram 2g... rom-16g...any help please ?
                  Hi ,

are you sure it is AML . most means R1=R=Rockchip , did you prove that , we need Pictures of both sides of PCB ,

nearby , good light & quality , thanks ,

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

are you sure it is AML . most means R1=R=Rockchip , did you prove that , we need Pictures of both sides of PCB ,

nearby , good light & quality , thanks ,

gefattern
                    Ok.. I'm at work later I will pull it apart and take Pic and post it .

Comment

Hello,

Your Device A95X R1 is an S905W Device.

No Rockchip. So USB Burning Tool and Firmware Image.

Neomode

Comment

ok which firmware image i use??,,its 2g ram and 16 g rom?

Comment

That is what you have to know.
                          Please look on your Box somewhere there must be a Sticker with the Configuration.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                            That is what you have to know.
                            Please look on your Box somewhere there must be a Sticker with the Configuration.

Neomode
                            trying to upload image saying file too large..here is all the info on the sticker..
                            OTT TV BOX
                            MODEL: R1
                            CPU: AMLOGIC S905W
                            RAM: 2GB ROM :16GB
                            2A@5VDC

Comment

So then we need the Firmware for the 2GB device.
                              Right now don't know where to find.
                              Must take a look around

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                              X