AM6 Plus issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM6 Plus issues

Hi, I've had the box for a while, but kept it in storage and yesterday took it out, turned it on and connected to wired LAN.
    first, it updated the firmware twice (to 0.3.7 and then to latest 0.3.9).
    After that, wired LAN connection stopped working and is not recognized (shows as "not connected" in settings, and even when turned on, it reverts to off when going up in the menu)
    Then, the external NTFS formatted HDD which works fine on another android TV box, and on my windows PC, is recognized but unreadable by the AM6 plus. I tested a 8GB NTFS formatted flash drive and it's read fine by the box.

Any ideas? help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mekler22 View Post
    Hi, I've had the box for a while, but kept it in storage and yesterday took it out, turned it on and connected to wired LAN.
    first, it updated the firmware twice (to 0.3.7 and then to latest 0.3.9).
    After that, wired LAN connection stopped working and is not recognized (shows as "not connected" in settings, and even when turned on, it reverts to off when going up in the menu)
    Then, the external NTFS formatted HDD which works fine on another android TV box, and on my windows PC, is recognized but unreadable by the AM6 plus. I tested a 8GB NTFS formatted flash drive and it's read fine by the box.

Any ideas? help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Try to update to v0.4.0 firmware by flashing from a PC and then do a factory reset to clear cache.
    Do a full scandisk on a Windows PC for the hard-drive, if there are corrupted files then it will cause the hard-drive to not be read properly.
    I usually have this problem with Exfat flash drives, they are read on a PC correctly but don't work on tv boxes if they aren't error free.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Try to update to v0.4.0 firmware by flashing from a PC and then do a factory reset to clear cache.
      Do a full scandisk on a Windows PC for the hard-drive, if there are corrupted files then it will cause the hard-drive to not be read properly.
      I usually have this problem with Exfat flash drives, they are read on a PC correctly but don't work on tv boxes if they aren't error free.

https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update...e-x2-x3-models
      Thanks, but I rather not update with a release candidate. Also, there is no distinction here regarding the sub models (AM6, AM6 Plus, AM6 Pro), and now the HDD is recognized (not sure what I did but it is). The thing that left is the Wired LAN which still does not work (box updated to 0.3.9.1)

Comment

If you turn off the box by removing the power cable, then restarting it, the problem is supposed to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post
          If you turn off the box by removing the power cable, then restarting it, the problem is supposed to disappear.

Disappear for how long?

On the 4pda forum I read that it happens frequently, and the LAN connection will even drop while the box is in use, so is a 150$ box supposed to behave like that?

Comment

• mo123
            mo123 commented
            Editing a comment
            It must be an Amlogic SDK bug then affecting all boxes using their S922x chipsets.
            They must fix it so the tv box manufacturers can update their Android source code that contain the bug fixes.

mo123 It started with the 0.3.9.1 firmware, and it is still present in their 0.4.0 RC

https://ugoos.com/release-firmware-u...e-x2-x3-models

The Mecool KM6, which uses the S905X4 processor also reports wifi issues. I talk from experience as I had 2 pcs, and both had the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
            mo123 It started with the 0.3.9.1 firmware, and it is still present in their 0.4.0 RC

https://ugoos.com/release-firmware-u...e-x2-x3-models

https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update...e-x2-x3-models

The Mecool KM6, which uses the S905X4 processor also reports wifi issues. I talk from experience as I had 2 pcs, and both had the same problem
            If the SDK was the problem, the LAN disconnections would also happen in the previous firmware, but in the Ugoos blog there are at least 2 people who say it only started after they updated to 0.3.9.1.

I have seen posts on the 4pda forum which said the same, so clearly a firmware issue

If I'm not mistaken, 0.3.9.1 was the first encrypted firmware

Comment

Disappear for how long?

On the 4pda forum I read that it happens frequently, and the LAN connection will even drop while the box is in use, so is a 150$ box supposed to behave like that?

It happened to me that once personally and after restarting it worked again.

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post

It happened to me that once personally and after restarting it worked again.
                Can you elaborate on how long ago that was?

Just a few days, or a few months? Do you always use LAN?

Comment

Can you elaborate on how long ago that was?

Just a few days, or a few months? Do you always use LAN?
                  just need to do it once, after update to 0.3.9, and is totally not related with secure ROM. in 0.3.9 ROM Ugoos made changes related with WoL (Wake ON Lan) which require full power off device (by cable). as you can know, if power cable connected to device, if you power off device by button, is not true power off, device still can be waked by LAN, BT, IR. so to make full changes in WoL section, need once power of device by cable. after it, any new updates, will not require it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene View Post

just need to do it once, after update to 0.3.9, and is totally not related with secure ROM. in 0.3.9 ROM Ugoos made changes related with WoL (Wake ON Lan) which require full power off device (by cable). as you can know, if power cable connected to device, if you power off device by button, is not true power off, device still can be waked by LAN, BT, IR. so to make full changes in WoL section, need once power of device by cable. after it, any new updates, will not require it.
                    Thanks for that info. Do you speak from personal experience, e.g. you updated to 0.3.9.1 at least a few weeks ago and had to apply it only once since while you use LAN all the time, or you read this on some forum?

This is an honest question, not trying to discredit your contribution.

Oh, I missed your title " Ugoos official", so I guess I have my answer already

Comment

After the last firmware update, and a couple of reboots, it seems to work okay (the wired LAN). thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X