X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ava
    replied
    Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
    Update OTA from V1.10 to V1.1.1 - Not working for me.

1) Tried checking for updates with Rockchip System Updates menu option - no joy
    2) Tried with System Updates - no joy
    3) Tried with auto Update On in Rockchip System Updates - no joy
    4) Shut down and powered up with Auto Check Update ON in Rockchip System Updates - no joy

Is there a way to force an update from SDcard?
    OTA updates will be available tomorrow. Now they switched off.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Update OTA from V1.10 to V1.1.1 - Not working for me.

1) Tried checking for updates with Rockchip System Updates menu option - no joy
    2) Tried with System Updates - no joy
    3) Tried with auto Update On in Rockchip System Updates - no joy
    4) Shut down and powered up with Auto Check Update ON in Rockchip System Updates - no joy

Is there a way to force an update from SDcard?
    Last edited by flhthemi; 05-06-2015, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• Ava
    replied
    Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
    Will the factory remote control commands be fixed in this release? How about the static IP bug?
    See post #3 and #6 in this thread...
    Bug with static IP was fixed but not included in 1.1.1, sorry please wait 1.1.2.
    Yes, IR remotes buttons was remapped.

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
    Unfortunately, the link you provided is not online anymore. Where will the new firmware 1.1.1 be released? Fortunately, I solved the bluetooth problem last night:
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...203#post498203
    I would like to test it with the new firmware, but the bluetooth section must be visible for this. Please send me a link.
    Sorry, i dont know why link is broken.. Please try from here: link
    Thanks for you solution, may be i will integrate this in the next version of firmware.

Originally posted by Beonico View Post
    I get this logo on the screen. I have the 8GB version. In the meantime, I'm back to the Wasser rom.
    Sorry for the inconvenience of the past. Please try using new firmware... I think problem was solved.
    For me is very important your review.

News about release new firmware here -> link

first post was update..
    Last edited by Ava; 05-06-2015, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by Ava View Post

Sorry what we cant help to you with this problem yesterday. I every day using adb on linux without problem. And now i checked on windows 7. All working. Please try install drivers from here: link . In this archive you can find drivers for adb also... in folder "ADB drivers"

Today will be release firmware v 1.1.1. with Power menu and root.

Unfortunately, the link you provided is not online anymore. Where will the new firmware 1.1.1 be released? Fortunately, I solved the bluetooth problem last night:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...203#post498203

I would like to test it with the new firmware, but the bluetooth section must be visible for this. Please send me a link.
    Last edited by LX+R; 05-05-2015, 22:12.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Will the factory remote control commands be fixed in this release? How about the static IP bug?

See post #3 and #6 in this thread...

Leave a comment:

• Ava
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post
    I discovered some bugs which need to be fixed:

1. USB OTG (On-The-Go) does not work. I tested it with 3 OTG cables and 4 USB drives. None of them are detected on the OTG port (but on the normal ports). It works with the wasser-ROM 1.0.4 for the K-R42 (new revision)
    2. The USB-Debugging (ADB) mode does not work. I tested it with 3 different cables under Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. "Connect to PC" and "USB Debugging" was activated. This mode is necessary for rooting. Also works with other ROMs

And since there is always some room for improvement:

1. Please add a Power Menu for Standby, Shutdown and Reboot.
    Sorry what we cant help to you with this problem yesterday. I every day using adb on linux without problem. And now i checked on windows 7. All working. Please try install drivers from here: link . In this archive you can find drivers for adb also... in folder "ADB drivers"

Today will be release firmware v 1.1.1. with Power menu and root.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    I discovered some bugs which need to be fixed:

1. USB OTG (On-The-Go) does not work. I tested it with 3 OTG cables and 4 USB drives. None of them are detected on the OTG port (but on the normal ports). It works with the wasser-ROM 1.0.4 for the K-R42 (new revision)
    2. The USB-Debugging (ADB) mode does not work. I tested it with 3 different cables under Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. "Connect to PC" and "USB Debugging" was activated. This mode is necessary for rooting. Also works with other ROMs

And since there is always some room for improvement:

1. Please add a Power Menu for Standby, Shutdown and Reboot.
    2. Make Nova the default launcher.
    Last edited by LX+R; 05-05-2015, 22:10.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Starting with this firmware we will periodically release new versions contain bug fixes and adds useful new functionality.
    Is there some kind of roadmap/ETA for these releases? I am very excited! Hopefully someday my dreams will come true and my bluetooth dongle is working...
    Last edited by LX+R; 04-30-2015, 23:56.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Is there any chance we'll see the reported issues fixed?

Leave a comment:

• n_ways
    replied
    I manage to root new firmware in my UM2 with Kingo Root. Was a breeze!
    Imagine others models can also be rooted same way. It´s worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• n_ways
    replied
    I GOT IT!!! And in Windows 8.1!!!
    I discovered this page: "http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com.br/2014/06/how-to-easily-install-rockchip-rockusb.html", and the "forked" USB drivers for Windows worked like a charm! My UM2 is now with 4.4.2 just released by Ugoos.
    Anyway thanks for any help. And if I can help someone, just tell me.

Leave a comment:

• n_ways
    replied
    "First, tell us which device you own? Second, are you in Recovery Mode (you have to be if you want to flash): LINK"

First, thank you for prompt response.
    My device is an Ugoos UM2. Specs for device are:
    Model (as device): rk31sdk
    Android Version: 4.2.2 (rk31sdk-eng4.2.2eng.eric.20140303.183247 test-keys)
    Kernel: 3.0.36+
    Root Access

I´m doing the described procedure for update (turn device off, press and hold "reset" button, turn on connecting with Windows, wait for Windows detect and shows in Device Manager, and then release "reset"). When I do this, Windows Device Manager shows a class named "Class for rockusb devices", with a device called "Rockusb Device". The loaded driver is made by "Fozou Rockchip", version 4.10.0.0 (2014/06/13), and Device ID is "USB\Vid2207&Pid310b&Rev_0100" (the "b" is lower case).
    If I do a "clean" boot (i.e. without press "reset" button), the device boots Android normally, and connect with computer in debug mode. In this case, it appear to Windows Device Manager as 2 instances of "Android Composite ADB Interface" (both with a Rockchip, Inc. driver version 4.0.0.0 dated 2014/06/03), and I have full ADB access to it.
    I´m trying to pass as much information as possible, because, to my knowledge, this thing must be working! But, again, Batchtool don´t see it...
    Is there any more info I must pass? Just make me know.
    Any ideas?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    3. Sorry, but now we not planning updating the firmware to version 4.4.4 .
    5. You can download unpacked firmware for UT1 from ...
    To 3: Android 4.4.4 build KTU84Q fixes the Heartbleed bug, which is without doubt one of the biggest security flaws in the history of Linux
    To 5: Thanks for the Link. This is for flashing the individual parts of the image (kernel, bootloader, misc etc.). What I meant was the source code (the repositories), for example on GitHub, so one is able recompile the kernel.

Thanks again for your support!
    Last edited by LX+R; 04-28-2015, 04:40.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by n_ways View Post
    Please, can anyone help me???? I´m trying to do the update, but having just a lot of problems. If I try in Win8.1, when I do as described, the PC just tells me that a USB accessory has malfunctioned and I need to remove it. I can see it in the devices manager but if I try and update driver and direct it to the package drivers it just informs me that the driver is uptodate already and refuses to install anything. So I tried in another machine, with Windows XP, and here all drivers loaded fine (at least is what Device Manager says...), but BatchTool doesn´t recognize my device.
    I´m already lost 3 days trying to do this simple thing works, but until now without any success. Attached is the screenshot showing the loaded driver but without recognition by Batchtool.
    I never was "beated" by a device like this one is doing with me, so, again, PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Thanks.

First, tell us which device you own? Second, are you in Recovery Mode (you have to be if you want to flash): LINK

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    Use the XP machine do not connect the power supply to the UT2. Then see if it will go into flash mode by plugging in the OTG cable (use the one that came with the device) to the device first then hold reset button in and while holding it in plug the OTG cable into the USB port on the computer. You should hear the USB connect sound (make sure pc volume is turned up). Now open rkbatch tool and it should be there. Once you hear the connect sound you can let go of the reset button.

I think instructions say to connect power supply to device but my UT2 wouldn't go to flash mode with the power supply connected. You might also connect to the TV that way you can see it reboot after flashing and know it is safe to power it off. First boot after flash takes a very long time so be patient.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X