UGOOS UT2/UM2 and UT1 official firmwaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ava,

I don't use Kodi on a regular basis, but today I used it and was surprised it mentioned version 14.2.

As I updated by OTA to your 1.1.3, I was expecting version 15.0 of Kodi. Did I do something wrong ? (UT1, 8GB)
    Updated: 1.Kodi was updated to version 15.0

Comment

You may as well either go to the google play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bmc.kodi&hl=en) or Kodi's download site (http://kodi.tv/download/) and get Kodi 15.2. It has bug fixes. You can update it without having to uninstall 14.xx if you've already set it up. I'm sure Ugoos only included 14.XX as an option because 15.2RC1 wasn't available. Works just fine on my UT2 with the latest update to the FW.
      FLHT = Harley
      HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
      Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Thanks, will do that, no problem.
        Was just curious as 15.0 was announced and in the release list of Ava.

Comment

Are some of you getting serious problems with wifi on the UM2 with the 1.1.3 version ?
          The wifi signal is excellent as the UM2 is just besides my router but no matter the application, I seem to have nearly no internet

Comment

Originally posted by farzit View Post
            Are some of you getting serious problems with wifi on the UM2 with the 1.1.3 version ?
            The wifi signal is excellent as the UM2 is just besides my router but no matter the application, I seem to have nearly no internet
            Too close might be the problem...you may also be getting RFI from some other devices that are wireless and not wifi. Like cordless phones, baby room monitors and etc. Could also be other wifi networks in the area are on the same wifi channel as your router.

But if you're that close why not hook it up on a cat5 cable?
            FLHT = Harley
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Well I didn't get it closer to the router, and have been using the UM2 that way for...2 years I think
              The only thing's that has changed is that I updated the firmware to 1.1.3

Anyway, there must be a bug, for the moment I found an adapter to hook it up with ethernet

Comment

Has anyone had any problems with USB Ethernet adapters on the um2? Mine was working perfect until I upgraded to the latest version. Now it works for 2 mins and then no internet. When I take out the Ethernet cable and put it back in it works again for 2 mins then cuts out. Can anyone test to see if it works for them?

Thanks
                Steven

Comment

The latest version breaks WiFi and especially Ethernet. How can I fix this?

Comment

Just a guess, but the only way I know of is to roll the firmware back to the last version that wifi worked on. Otherwise, you wait for an update.
                    FLHT = Harley
                    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Where is the latest version. V 1.1.1 won't download for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post

Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: http://omniapossibilia.blogspot.de/2014/03/ugoos-um2-firmware-update-and-root_21.html"]LINK[/URL]
                        I've installed Ubuntu on my laptop and I can't install the Linux version of rkflashkit. I copied the tutorial on here and it fails to install. Something about the download location not existing anymore

Comment

It's been a while since the last update of the firmware and there are still some major functions missing i.e. USB OTG. Will there be any further updates? Is there a Lollipop or Marhsmallow version planned?

Comment

Hello,

I have an UT1, non-T-version. Is the firmware 1.1.3 suitable for UT1 T-version and non-T-version?

I renamed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"
                            I re-packed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"

What's the problem?

Best regards

akapuma

Comment

Originally posted by akapuma View Post
                              Hello,

I have an UT1, non-T-version. Is the firmware 1.1.3 suitable for UT1 T-version and non-T-version?

I renamed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"
                              I re-packed the file "UT1_1.1.3_20150814.7z" into "update.zip", and copied it on an USB-Stick. But OTA didn't work => "not a valid update package!"

What's the problem?

Best regards

akapuma
                              I have 2 UT-2's. One is a "T" version the other is not. The FW for it works on both devices just fine. I think the UT-1 will work the same way. The FW will work on either version of the device.

I flashed both of mine using the flash tool and provided drivers.

What is confusing about the method below is:

1 - The file you download is in .7z format
                              2 - The instructions seem to indicate the file needs to be .zip format.

I do not know if there is any difference in these two types of compression. If there is, then this may be why you can't get it to flash. *I* would try unzipping the .7z and then rezip the files as .zip and name the file as indicated. (update.zip - NO UPPERCASE letters) Also make sure you have the proper 7z file for your UT-1.

BUT, it is MUCH easier to just use the provided software and flash it using a PC.

How to flash OTA firmware (from ZIP file):
                              1. Download zip update file for current firmware that you have.
                              2. Upload zip file to USB-flash or SD/MMC card and rename it to update.zip
                              3. Connect USB-flash or SD/MMC card to device and wait, device will find update file and ask update firmware or not. Press Yes and wait end of process.
                              FLHT = Harley
                              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Hello flhthemi,

OTA with rename and /or rezip did not work for me. Possible cause: The old firmware was from allminipc (which was recommended by ugoos), the new is original ugoos.

Regarding flashing with a PC:

If I try this at home, the PC freezes at 0% flashing. A PC hard reset is needed. After this, the UT1 does not work. Tested on 2 different PC's.
                                Therefore, I flashed today at work with an old XP computer. This works very fine at the first try.

@UGOOS-Team:

Thank you for this new wonderful firmware. It's well-endowed, and works fine on my UT1-non-T.
                                The integrated root mechanism allows a very easy booting.

2 small issues:
                                - The 720x576@50Hz - mode is now to small. But 1280x720@50Hz works fine.
                                - The Logitech radio keyboard K400 with german layout works fine (including äöü). But ENTER key does not work. Solved with "External Keyboard Helper Pro".

Best regards

akapuma

Comment

Working...
                                X