UGOOS UT2/UM2 and UT1 official firmwaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGOOS UT2/UM2 and UT1 official firmwaries

Hi all! We are UGOOS team, and here we start thread about officialfirmwares for Ugoos UT2/UM2 and UT1 devices.

We are pleased to announce the release of the new firmware based on Android 4.4.2 for our devices . For a long time we have not released new firmware versions for these devices. Starting with this firmware we will periodically release new versions contain bug fixes and adds useful new functionality. This release is based on the new version of the SDK so you might encounter errors. We would be grateful for help in finding flaws and ideas to improve the firmware.

New in 1.1.3(11/08/2015)

Added:
    1. Ability use external USB Ethernet card
    2. Internal Samba server
    3. Support Init.d
    4. Support exfat
    5. Switcher for turn on/off fireeasy support.
    6. Google Chrome browser
    7. Added menu for settings hardware keyboard
    8. Support multi partitions on usb storage
    9. Chaged logic work of "Sound Devices Manager":
    - Added ability choose input device
    - Added ability choose usb output device
    - Added restore settings after reboot

Updated:
    1. Kodi was updated to version 15.0
    2. busybox

Removed:
    1. Skype
    2. Wifi Analyzer
    3. Speed test

More detail information:
    In menu of settings was added tab "Ugoos setting". In this tab you can enable or disable the display the information of system load in Android status bar.

Also in this tab you can change the preferred installation location for new apps and get access to the root on your device. Please will be careful when you using root access. Careless actions can lead to partial or complete failure of the device.

Was added support of firease app. This app is intended for remote control your TV-box from phone or tablet pc. For installing client apk your need open ugoos.net/remote on your mobile phone or tablet-pc manually or scan QR-code from the settings menu. Client apk availible for Android and iOS.

Preinstall apps:
    Kodi v.14.2 – helix
    Wifi Analyzer
    ES File Explorer
    Since the current firmware version (1.1.0) for users will be available OTA update that will upgrade the firmware without having to connect to PC and without data loss.

Change log:

Code:
    [B]version 1.1.3 - 11/08/2015[/B][INDENT]Added:
    1. Ability use external USB Ethernet card
    2. Internal Samba server
    3. Support Init.d
    4. Support exfat
    5. Switcher for turn on/off fireeasy support.
    6. Google Chrome browser
    7. Added menu for settings hardware keyboard
    8. Support multi partitions on usb storage
    9. Chaged logic work of "Sound Devices Manager":
    - Added ability choose input device
    - Added ability choose usb output device
    - Added restore settings after reboot

Updated:
    1.Kodi was updated to version 15.0
    2.busybox

Removed:
    1. Skype
    2. Wifi Analyzer
    3. Speed test
     [/INDENT]
     [B]version 1.1.1 - 05/05/2015[/B][INDENT]1. Changed the values of the buttons on the  ir remote controls.
    2. Added information of system load in Android status bar
    3. Added Support of fireasy app. App for remote control by phone/tablet 
    4. Fixed bug with ethernet on UT1 based on rk3188-T
    5. Updated Kodi player to version 14.2
    6. Added the ability to install root by the settings menu.   
    7. Added the ability change the preferred installation location for new apps.
    8. Changed second launcher.
    9. Added power menu​[/INDENT][B]version 1.1.0 - 15/04/2015[/B]

Change FFMPEG lib. fix audio problem with ac3
        Update GAPPS
        update rkffplayer version : 12-29
        nuplayer:   optimize for the WFD streaming.
        recovery:show recovery ui
        bt: add function of bluetooth network share.

Audio:  
        - decrease pcm buffer size.
        - simple sound setting
        - audio bitstream framework.
        - fix some bugs.
        - fix 3188-T audio playback abnormality.

PPPOE:
        1.fix the bug of no upstream for hotspot when pppoe is connected.
        2.stop pppoe as soon as ppp0 down cased by pppoe server crashed or stopped.

rk30/rk31 suspend: Unable to enter the deep sleep

wifi display:
                  enable HDCP2.x authentication only if the key is available.

Launcher3:
            1.Can't Focus On All App, After Install and Uninstall app.
            2.launcher-app-laucher-app...with mouse, maybe entering widget selector.

wifi: Solution part of the AP,probabilistic link is not successful.

hdmi:rk30: fixed suspend to resume,hdmi no output

HDCP2.X:update HDCP2.X process for the WFD.

ethernet: fix the bug that receiving terminated because of irq lost
        pppoe: add net_mask && use pppd instead of pppd_pppoe
        remove mid pppoe
        ethernet: modify for using external clock
        ethernet: modify for reading MAC from IDB
        wifi & bt: and mid group synchronization code.
        fix language&input focus errors.

update hdmi driver:
        1. rk30 hdmi ddc rate set to 50KHz.
        2. flush work quene when hdmi suspend.
        3. add irq enable flag to rk30 hdmi.

Ethernet:
            catch exception throw by NetworkManagementService to
            avoid ConnectService crash.

RkMusic:
           1.fix next button not work in repeat current.
           2.store media sort browser.
           3.fix preferred activity error.

Cts:
        - add jb4.4 box cts patchs and docs.
        - fix audio cts fail.
        - fix cts verifier features fail.
        - fix cts verifier usb accessory fail.

Setting:
        - add Developer options->Screen Auto Rotation for debug only.

Drm:
        - support Widevine Drm Level 3.
        - any details please refer to RKDocs/common/drm

fixed display scale setting cann't be saved
        Important update:solve system crash problem of probability caused by DDR frequency.
        VOLD:some patch for vold to solve emmc mutil disk

Instructions
    Usually all release firmware packed to one image, but you have different ways to update firmware.
    How to flash packed firmware:
    1. Download firmware and unzip it use 7z, winrar, winzip. Inside: BatchTool - tool for reflashing, DriverAssitant - tool to install drivers and firmware image file.
    2. If it first time, you need to install drivers use DriverAssitant or manual when connectiong device
    3. Run BatchTool and open firmware image from folder
    4. Find recovery button on device, press and hold it.
    5. Connect device to PC via USB OTG port and power on device.
    6. PC will found new device and install drivers (or you need install it manually), then you may release recovery button.
    7. Press Restore button in BatchTool and wait end of process.
    How to flash OTA firmware (from ZIP file):
    1. Download zip update file for current firmware that you have.
    2. Upload zip file to USB-flash or SD/MMC card and rename it to update.zip
    3. Connect USB-flash or SD/MMC card to device and wait, device will find update file and ask update firmware or not. Press Yes and wait end of process.
    In archive with firmware you can find full guide with images.
    Downloads:
    v 1.1.3 - 11/08/2015
    Device
    Link
    UT2
    UM2
    UT1

v 1.1.1 - 05/05/2015
    Device
    Link
    UT2
    UM2
    UT1

old version (1.1.0)
    Device
    Link
    UT2
    UM2
    UT1

With Best Regards, Ava
    Ugoos Team
    Last edited by Ava; 08-24-2015, 05:04.
    Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
    Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
    Sorry for my english XD

Hello Ava, Outstanding! I do not own these devices(I have the UT3), but seeing Ugoos support devices that are not their latest, is fantastic.
    I think it bodes well for all Ugoos device owners.
    Thank you for the continuing support.
    Ugoos - Setting the standard.

Comment

Being an owner of 2 UT2s I'm very happy to see this and am willing to help de-bug.

I just installed it on a UT2 with 32GB and an RK3188T chip. It's very smooth and fast and so far its a great ROM. Only problem I have is the remote that came with the UT2 does not function as it should. The red,green, yellow and blue buttons do nothing. I think the red was supposed to turn on/off mouse mode and right now the menu button is doing that. All other buttons seem to be OK even if used with Kodi! Installed Kodi 14.2 and it's working very well and tomorrow I will test 5.1 passthrough on my TV. right now I'm on a PC monitor for the video out.

So thank you Ugoos Team! You've done a great job! Now, how about a Lollipop?
      Last edited by flhthemi; 04-16-2015, 22:16.
      FLHT = Harley
      HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
      Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
        Being an owner of 2 UT2s I'm very happy to see this and am willing to help de-bug.

I just installed it on a UT2 with 32GB and an RK3188T chip. It's very smooth and fast and so far its a great ROM. Only problem I have is the remote that came with the UT2 does not function as it should. The red,green, yellow and blue buttons do nothing. I think the red was supposed to turn on/off mouse mode and right now the menu button is doing that. All other buttons seem to be OK even if used with Kodi! Installed Kodi 14.2 and it's working very well and tomorrow I will test 5.1 passthrough on my TV. right now I'm on a PC monitor for the video out.

So thank you Ugoos Team! You've done a great job! Now, how about a Lollipop?
        Thanks for the review. About the problem with remote control. yes few buttons doesnt work now. We add full support of remote controls in the next version.
        Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Happy to try on my UM2 - nice to see an update after so long.

So far all looking good but have only just installed it and reinstalled some apps - looking forward to next update that can be done OTA so don't lose my settings etc. Will play with Kodi later after have re-configured it.

If you are able to get the UK Catch Up services All4 and Demand5 to work that would be excellent - they get further than they normally do but when trying to play back a video they say its not available - they used to just sit there with the wait icon going round and round :-)

Could you increase the app space from 1GB?

Comment

Here's something I noticed with this ROM and others as well, so it must be a bug in KK....

If you open the App Manager and go to All Apps then select an app and disable that app, when you return to the All Apps list it does not refresh the list of All Apps UNTIL you scroll the list up/down or sideways. Likewise with the Move To SDCard list. If you click an app to move and then select Move to SDcard and come back to the list the tick in the box won't appear until you scroll the list. Looks like lists don't refresh properly for what ever reason.....

Also note: If you set a static IP for Ethernet connection you will get hung at boot up in the Ugoos boot animation screen. Unplugging the cat5 cable at this point will allow it to complete the boot up sequence.
            Last edited by flhthemi; 04-17-2015, 14:35.
            FLHT = Harley
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

I'm guessing that the UT1 firmware isn't rooted ?

Comment

UT2 FW is not rooted so probably not.
                FLHT = Harley
                Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinny1967 View Post
                  I'm guessing that the UT1 firmware isn't rooted ?
                  According to the App "Root Checker" it isn't rooted. That's a pity, because half of my apps do need root access.

Nevertheless: This ROM is awesome! Thank you UGOOS for establishing an after sales support after such a long time. According to the newest Antutu Benchmark I got almost 26000! points with my UT1 (I hope there is no cheating involved). The remote control works like a charm (except for the coloured buttons and 2 or 3 of the other buttons) and if you replace the standard launcher with Nova your UT1 will fly. Kodi works fine as well (tested some mkv-streaming from my NAS over WiFi). But since there's always room for improvement:

1. Please add root support to this ROM (Maybe Riley oder FinlessBob can help).
                  2. Please add the bluetooth section in the settings and implement the driver for the CSR8510 A10 USB Bluetooth dongle (best choice because it's cheap and supports apt-x) into the kernel. Since there is no built-in bluetooth chipset, this is the only way to upgrade the UT1. I startet a thread addressing this issue here: LINK
                  3. Please update to Kitkat 4.4.4 Build KTU84Q.
                  4. Please add Overclocking Options like in the Unofficial CM11 for the Freakbox: LINK
                  5. Are there any sources available? Is it possible that you extract the kernel from the image and make it available for download?

Thanks again. Looks like somebody did their homework...
                  Last edited by LX+R; 04-19-2015, 13:37.

Comment

I upgraded my UT1.
                    Unfortunatly it hangs in the startup flash screen.
                    Any hints ?

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                      UT2 FW is not rooted so probably not.
                      Thanks for that.I'd be happy to install it if I could get root access.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                        According to the App "Root Checker" it isn't rooted. That's a pity, because half of my apps do need root access.

Nevertheless: This ROM is awesome! Thank you UGOOS for establishing an after sales support after such a long time. According to the newest Antutu Benchmark I got almost 26000! points with my UT1 (I hope there is no cheating involved). The remote control works like a charm (except for the coloured buttons and 2 or 3 of the other buttons) and if you replace the standard launcher with Nova your UT1 will fly. Kodi works fine as well (tested some mkv-streaming from my NAS over WiFi). But since there's always room for improvement:

1. Please add root support to this ROM (Maybe Riley oder FinlessBob can help).
                        2. Please add the bluetooth section in the settings and implement the driver for the CSR8510 A10 USB Bluetooth dongle (best choice because it's cheap and supports apt-x) into the kernel. Since there is no built-in bluetooth chipset, this is the only way to upgrade the UT1. I startet a thread addressing this issue here: LINK
                        3. Please update to Kitkat 4.4.4 Build KTU84Q.
                        4. Please add Overclocking Options like in the Unofficial CM11 for the Freakbox: LINK
                        5. Are there any sources available? Is it possible that you extract the kernel from the image and make it available for download?

Thanks again. Looks like somebody did their homework...
                        1. The ability to install root will appear in the next version
                        2,4. Thanks for the links. Perhaps in the near future we will implement it.
                        3. Sorry, but now we not planning updating the firmware to version 4.4.4 .
                        5. You can download unpacked firmware for UT1 from here

Originally posted by Beonico View Post
                        I upgraded my UT1.
                        Unfortunatly it hangs in the startup flash screen.
                        Any hints ?
                        Do you solve your problem? The first boot can take a long time
                        Last edited by Ava; 04-21-2015, 08:16.
                        Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Originally posted by Ava View Post
                          Do you solve your problem? The first boot can take a long time
                          No, I left it booting for more than 2 hours with no success.
                          According the RKBatch tool, the flash was succesfull with the 'Upgrade' option. (The 'Restore' option which is often recommended fails).
                          I have the UT1 connected by HDMI which apparently works as I can see it on my TV. The device is connected by ethernet cable.

Any other ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beonico View Post

No, I left it booting for more than 2 hours with no success.
                            According the RKBatch tool, the flash was succesfull with the 'Upgrade' option. (The 'Restore' option which is often recommended fails).
                            I have the UT1 connected by HDMI which apparently works as I can see it on my TV. The device is connected by ethernet cable.

Any other ideas ?
                            Please try reload firmware and reflash the again . And can you send to me picture with screen?

update: Just downloaded firmware and flashed the device, all work... Which version of device you have? How many memory you have on your UT1? 16gb?
                            Last edited by Ava; 04-21-2015, 09:31.
                            Sorry for my english XD

Comment

I have the "UGOOS UT1 Android TV Box Quad Core Smart Receiver 2G/8G HDMI USB Dubbele antenne Optical WiFi Media Player XBMC" version.

Comment

Working...
                              X