No announcement yet.

UGOOS UT2/UM2 and UT1 official firmwaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the WiFi work perfect on this for the um2?

Comment

The WiFi on my UM2 works - it's just a shame it doesn't have an external antenna as the pick up rate isn't great, but with careful placement can get it to around -65dBm(my Nook HD+ in the same place gets -50dBm)
      Have seen it possible to modify (http://omniapossibilia.blogspot.co.u...rovements.html) but not yet felt the need to tinker....

Comment

Is there an ETA for the next release? It has been over a month since the last "milestone". Despite the solution I found for bluetooth functionality on the UT1 I am not able to connect my Logitech K480 to the box, so the bluetooth issue is not completely solvedm although it is crucial for my use.

Comment

Ava, Eugene, are you still working on these firmwares? A little feedback from your side would be very comforting.

Comment

Hello. Yes, we working on firmware for this devices. In the next version will be added screen rotation and ability using usb eth. More details about the new firmware I will announce closer to the release.
            Official Ugoos firmwares with linux you can find here.
            Official Ugoos firmwares for UT2/UM2 and UT1 you can find here.
            Sorry for my english XD

Comment

I guess I'm going to show how dumb I am...why would anyone need/want screen rotation on a TV box or stick?
              FLHT = Harley
              HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                I guess I'm going to show how dumb I am...why would anyone need/want screen rotation on a TV box or stick?

I don't know what for either. I think it would be best if you optimize the core features (like bluetooth and init.d support) before you add fancy features, only a minority will use.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                  I don't know what for either. I think it would be best if you optimize the core features (like bluetooth and init.d support) before you add fancy features, only a minority will use.
                  I said early what full list I will announce closer to release and init.d also will be included in this list. =)
                  Thanks for suggestion!=))
                  Sorry for my english XD

Comment

I'm sorry. My comment wasn't suppose suppose to sound that harsh. I guess it was caused by the unbearable heat wave in Germany (over 35°C ). I'm very happy that you still develop for this old boxes!

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                      I had a friend who owned a monitor stand that could be physically rotated from landscape to portrait. He was a graphics designer. While most probably won't use that feature, certain games would be better in that orientation. Digital signage would benefit from this feature too. But I agree, its need may be rare. It's a nice featurette though.

Comment

I am so excited about the new firmwares. What else did you implement?

Comment

Hi guys i have the UT2 32 GB works well even if the management of type microphone input sound is not managed by the system. I confirm that the audio settings are reset when you restart the device can you help me ?

Inviato dal mio SM-T805 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Any news on the next release?

Comment

I just wanted you to know that I kind of solved the problem with the Logitech K480 by using another USB bluetooth dongle (LINK). The adapter is based on a different chipset (Broadcom BCM20702 instead of CSR8510). So the problem is neither the bluetooth stack nor the keyboard but rather the integrated driver.
                              Last edited by LX+R; 08-10-2015, 21:00.

Comment

Hi guys,
                                new release available for user of freaktabs.

Changelog:

version 1.1.2 - 11/08/2015

Added:
                                1. Ability use external USB Ethernet card
                                2. Internal Samba server
                                3. Support Init.d
                                4. Support exfat
                                5. Switcher for turn on/off fireeasy support.
                                6. Google Chrome browser
                                7. Added menu for settings hardware keyboard
                                8. Support multi partitions on usb storage
                                9. Chaged logic work of "Sound Devices Manager":
                                - Added ability choose input device
                                - Added ability choose usb output device
                                - Added restore settings after reboot

Updated:
                                1.Kodi was updated to version 15.0
                                2.busybox

Removed:
                                1. Skype
                                2. Wifi Analyzer
                                3. Speed test

Official release will be some later. OTA updates will be available with official release.
                                Please if you find bugs let me know.

Download firmware you can here:
                                UT1 - link
                                UT2 - link
                                UM2 - link
                                Sorry for my english XD

Comment

Working...
                                X