X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
    I guess I'm going to show how dumb I am...why would anyone need/want screen rotation on a TV box or stick?

I don't know what for either. I think it would be best if you optimize the core features (like bluetooth and init.d support) before you add fancy features, only a minority will use.

Leave a comment:

• flhthemi
    replied
    I guess I'm going to show how dumb I am...why would anyone need/want screen rotation on a TV box or stick?

Leave a comment:

• Ava
    replied
    Hello. Yes, we working on firmware for this devices. In the next version will be added screen rotation and ability using usb eth. More details about the new firmware I will announce closer to the release.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Ava, Eugene, are you still working on these firmwares? A little feedback from your side would be very comforting.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Is there an ETA for the next release? It has been over a month since the last "milestone". Despite the solution I found for bluetooth functionality on the UT1 I am not able to connect my Logitech K480 to the box, so the bluetooth issue is not completely solvedm although it is crucial for my use.

Leave a comment:

• arcsmurf
    replied
    The WiFi on my UM2 works - it's just a shame it doesn't have an external antenna as the pick up rate isn't great, but with careful placement can get it to around -65dBm(my Nook HD+ in the same place gets -50dBm)
    Have seen it possible to modify (http://omniapossibilia.blogspot.co.u...rovements.html) but not yet felt the need to tinker....

Leave a comment:

• shenery
    replied
    Does the WiFi work perfect on this for the um2?

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    Originally posted by ksalman View Post
    Main issue is: UM2 is not being detected as an android device on my PC. No ideas. Please share if you got any clues or if I'm missing something. Thanks.
    Try using another USB port/cable. Don't use a USB hub. Many devices have problems with USB 3.0 ports, so make sure you use a USB 2.0 port. Ask a friend if you can connect your UM2 to his computer, so we can rule out that the UM2 is broken.
    Last edited by LX+R; 06-05-2015, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

• arcsmurf
    replied
    I had similar issues with getting my UM2 recognized on my win7 laptop initially, and it turned out it didn't like it if I left the keyboard USB dongle connected.

Leave a comment:

• fa001313
    replied
    Being a complete noob.
    Is there any way to update the Ugoos M2 with a Mac computer?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ksalman
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post

Have you tried the RKDriverAssistant? It is crucial that this method works because it is the default way of flashing a ROM. The latest driver is from 2014: LINK
    I have tried all possible way. Tried http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip and also http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe but I'm not able to connect my UM2 with PC. I checked and USB Debugging is ON but still UM2 is not being detected by my Windows 7 laptop.

I tried pushing Reset button and then plugging in with my laptop through USB but nothing happens. Main issue is: UM2 is not being detected as an android device on my PC. No ideas. Please share if you got any clues or if I'm missing something. Thanks.
    Last edited by ksalman; 06-04-2015, 12:52.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied

I tried that as well but my device was not detected (not connected or shown as green) in RKBatchTool even I had installed driver. I'm using Windows 7.
    Have you tried the RKDriverAssistant? It is crucial that this method works because it is the default way of flashing a ROM. The latest driver is from 2014: LINK

Leave a comment:

• ksalman
    replied
    Originally posted by LX+R View Post
    Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: LINK
    I tried that as well but my device was not detected (not connected or shown as green) in RKBatchTool even I had installed driver. I'm using Windows 7.

Leave a comment:

• LX+R
    replied
    I recently bought Ugoos UM2 with Android 4.2.2 on it. I downloaded firmware UM2_1.1.1_20150505.7z, renamed it as update.zip and tried to update firmware putting update.zip in a USB. When I go to Settings => About device, it detects that an update.zip file is found and do you want to install it. When I tap on install, it says that update file is not valid. I checked and firmware was downloaded properly. I tried unzipping it and then recreated ZIP file but it was all in vain. Please help. Thanks.

Why don't you use the normal method via recovery mode and the RKBatchTool: LINK

Leave a comment:

• ksalman
    replied
    I recently bought Ugoos UM2 with Android 4.2.2 on it. I downloaded firmware UM2_1.1.1_20150505.7z, renamed it as update.zip and tried to update firmware putting update.zip in a USB. When I go to Settings => About device, it detects that an update.zip file is found and do you want to install it. When I tap on install, it says that update file is not valid. I checked and firmware was downloaded properly. I tried unzipping it and then recreated ZIP file but it was all in vain. Please help. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X