Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM2 power down not working.

Hi all - I've installed the Ugoos AM2 ROM on my Minix U1 box:
    Android 6.0.1 Firmware V1.1.1 for AM2 Android 6.0.1 Firmware V1.1.1 for AM2 440.33MiB 21/06/2017
    at http://ugoos.net/downloads.
    Everything is fine, except that I cannot use the power button on the A2 lite remote. It will start the box, but will not power down. I've read that this could be due to a limitation of android 6, but am not sure. And not matter what setting is entered in Settings->Display->Daydream, I cannot get the unit to fully power down - only sleep. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BigLarry; 10-12-2018, 22:19.

I don't have this box, so cannot help with that.
    If you don't find a solution, try the Power Toggles app. You can put a power button on the desktop(home screen) among other things.

Comment

Thanks - I tried that among other power widgets but the problem remains: the box will not fully shut off ( no light ) .. it will only go to sleep ( green light ). So far i have tried:
      - changing "stay awake" to "off" in developer mode
      - power key action to "shutdown" in display->daydream settings
      - HDMI CEC setting = off
      ... but nothing works. And as mentioned, the A2Lite remote will turn the box on from a dead state, but the power key becomes unresponsive once the rom loads - tested with a keymap app and it wouldn't even register a keypress when I pressed the power button.

Comment

I found a Kodi Wiki which discusses the A2 mouse, and it says the power button needs to be remapped in remote.conf ( or ug_remote.conf?) but I'm not sure how to do the entry:

https://kodi.wiki/view/MINIX_A2#remote.conf_example_for_amlogic_boxes

Does anyone know how to enter this into remote.conf?

Comment

Ok - got the power key working, but still cannot completely power off box. Only hibernates or sleeps.

Comment

Working...
          X