Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Setup a new win7 PC to see if that was an issues and Nope
      Same deal...

Fun 1 hour setting up win7 been longtime looks ok also
      Hi ,

did you tried both Roms UT3 & the "S" , or only the UT3S Rom does not boot on your Box ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Both roms tried

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you tried both Roms UT3 & the "S" , or only the UT3S Rom does not boot on your Box ???

greetings / gefattern
      Hi ,

thanks ,

gefattern

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_32609.png
Views:	249
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	722711Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180428-092137.png
Views:	197
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	722712 This firmware from Ugoos is working perfect without any bugs on Tronsmart R28 and the speed is like hell WOOOW!
        Last edited by radutuby; 04-28-2018, 07:29.

Comment

Hi ,

seems the upload of a Rom is support enough for Ugoos , can not understand why not

Victor or others from Ugoos helps to slove the Problems of the Users ???????????????

strange world

greetings / gefattern
          This topic is about BETA firmware release, not about briked devices. Kindly ask to share info about testing and performing of current firmware.
          Regarding to your problem and actions you made in order to bring your UT3 back to life, looks like NAND has severe failure. You have tried all software attemts to fix it and seems it is hardware problem.

Comment

On the first onlook it is a nice firmware. Only one. I have got the problems at 4k60 (some disturbances). No HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by tiesenhausen View Post
              On the first onlook it is a nice firmware. Only one. I have got the problems at 4k60 (some disturbances). No HDR.
              The RK3288 chipset doesn't support HDR, remember it was released in 2014.
              You need RK3328 or RK3399 for HDR support.
              To play 4K@60hz, it only works in RKMC/FTMC and you need a 4K enhanced HDMI cable and enable HDMI CEC + enhanced color on the tv box and your tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post

This topic is about BETA firmware release, not about briked devices. Kindly ask to share info about testing and performing of current firmware.
                Regarding to your problem and actions you made in order to bring your UT3 back to life, looks like NAND has severe failure. You have tried all software attemts to fix it and seems it is hardware problem.
                Hi ,

but where shall i look for help then here , in the one Thread where since month a

Member of Ugoos Team is available ?? And i already made a Thread about my

bricked Box but if nobody want or can help , i even uploaded Logs :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ed-idb-bricked

I really dont think it is hard bricked , i found Info that it must possible to restore

but i am not sure how , but i think UART ,

i am not the only one with this kind of Problem , i have not the knowledge to restore

with UART without help ,

greetings / gefattern
                Last edited by gefattern; 04-28-2018, 18:31.

Comment

Is this the location for Uart closet i could see
                  (layout please)may have a look see if possible.

Name:	uart.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	722836
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi ,

maybe there is another Way to unbrick my Box , User DigitalRiver posted me a 4PDA Link with

"Unbrick over SD with Linux" in my UT3 bricked/ IDB bricked ??? Thread , maybe it works for

other RK Boxes as well , but it is "russian" , hope this will help , first have to ask DR for more

Info , press thumbs ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks
                    Only 3 pin locations on this PCB so not 100% sure

Yes, I had a read of that post hope it works
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ugoos UT3 UART connections

No UART power connection needed, just the three contacts shown here...

Click image for larger version  Name:	UgoosUT3_UART.png Views:	1 Size:	194.6 KB ID:	722859

Connections on my box...sloppy. :-)

Name:	MyUART-1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	722864

Name:	MyUART-2.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	722865
                      Last edited by RISCy Dude; 04-29-2018, 05:49.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                        Ugoos UT3 UART connections

No UART power connection needed, just the three contacts shown here...

Click image for larger version Name:	UgoosUT3_UART.png Views:	1 Size:	194.6 KB ID:	722859

Connections on my box...sloppy. :-)

Name:	MyUART-1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	722864

Name:	MyUART-2.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	722865
                        Hi ,

thanks for sharing this , but i am a little confused is the Box connected to PC with USB and Putty ???

what is this small silver plate on your leg ??? self build , if i post a Bay Link with a UART , can you confirm

that it is the one i need for this ??? Schall link one later , but in my "UT3 bricked" Thread , looks like Victor

wants to hold this Thread clean , with other disscussions . Maybe we can copy your UART post too , i shall

try the SD Way later , first must load the LInux .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hello, The thing shown on my leg is actually black, it is just a connector from an old PC audio cable. That connector is connected to a USB-to-serial adapter, the adapter's USB is plugged to a PC, using Putty.

The serial adapter I use was for the Geekbox, but I don't t see it listed now. I think most would work, but without experience on others, I can't make a recommendation.

I did this a long time ago and my memory is rusty on the procedure. I had all of it referenced, but lost much after a drive failure. I will look for what info I have when I get to the cave.

But yes, we can move to your "Bricked" thread for discussion.
                          ​​​​​​
                          ​​​​​

Comment

• gefattern
                            gefattern commented
                            Editing a comment
                            maybe in a few Days i can try my restore , good luck , yes i can , or u , can copy them to there ,

think from post #39 to now , greetings / gefattern

• gefattern
                            gefattern commented
                            Editing a comment
                            its copied , so the bricked discussion can go on there , so Victor can sleep good ,

greetings / gefattern

Hi ,
                          n
                          and further
                          UART does not help your, because UART -is programmable port, and enables/disables in current firmware(in bootlader and in parameter.txt file).If your current firmware not work(or your box dont have now firmware(after formating nand,for example)), UART-does not start. Not all firmwares have working uart, I know this 100%. And not all bootloaders have enabled UART(RK3288UbootLoader_V2.19.10, RK3288UbootLoader_V2.30.10 - UART not wotk, RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 - UART work). And sorry for my english Try to create microsd card with linux, its not hard work and not need computer with linux

Comment

Working...
                          X