X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zidoo X6 more info and pics...
    • ZIDOO X6 Pro ColorSilverShell Material Aluminium alloy + Plastic
    • CPU ModelRockchip RK3368 Octa Core up to 1.5GHz (Cortex-A53 64bit)
    • Operating SystemAndroid 5.1, Built in Google Play Store,Support OTA Function GPUSGX6110; support 4K*2K H.265/H.264:
    • Memory 2GB DDR3Internal Storage16GB eMMC
    • Wifi ConnectivityIEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/mimo, 802.11AC,4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band)
    • AP6335 dual-band WIFIEthernet1 * RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)BluetoothBT 4.0HDMI PortStandard HDMI female, v2.0
    • Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH) Other Interface1 *
    • TF card reader SD card interface . Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
    2 * USB 2.0 port(one could be a OTG port)
    1 * IR receiver
    1 * Composite video and audio port
    1 * S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH)PowerDC 5V/2AWhat's in the box1 x TV box
    1 x Romote control
    1 x HDMI cable
    1 x Power adapter (EU/UK/US/AU)
    1 x User manualVideo FormatDAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/MP4/MOV/3GP/FLV/ISO/M2TS/BDISO/BDMV/WMV/WMAAudio FormatDD/DD+/DTS /MP2/MP3/WMA/WAV/OGG /OGA/FLAC/ALAC/ APE/ AAC

To get started I have the K400r Logitech keyboard Connected only boots in about 15~20 seconds.
    Interface as seen is a Zidoo custom and is very usable and can customise front apps as required.
    As most are aware remote can be programmed for up 3 quick launch/shoortcut your favorite app using the coloured buttons to launch.

Whats in the Box as seen many time before.

Ports on One Side

and the Other

A Peek Inside:

Under PCB:

The Lid, if you wanted move vents I guess you could remove the Silver Layer of Box

Buy clicking on the 4 icons lower right BT, WIFI, USB or Ethernet it take you directly to those settings to enable/disable or browse.

Have had the Box running for 8 hours a day just streaming music around the house, nothing to hard as yet box does get warm.
    watched a few movies, using Plex, Kodi for few hours again box warm, no failures, Netflix etc.
    As mentioned in a previous post 5.1dts on my Sony receiver all good.
    Just remember to turn on HDMI Bit Stream or Spdif Pass through in Audio Settings

As Mentioned Zidoo X6 Pro does get a little warm to Hot,
    If the base plate of the case had been of metal and a thermal pad between PCB and plate would have helped I feel.
    Larger rubber pads/feet to raise the box a little also would have added a better air flow.
    Turn the Unit upside down is a quick solution.
    Or a laptop cooler and all should be fine if required.

Using OOkla Speedtest to ISP tested with good results Ether, 5Ghz then 2.4ghz a bit slow due to other devises are the house.

Tested some more DTS Files on the main TV/AMP all played 5.1 lit up the Sony Display except .eac3 file no 7.1 here

http://download.openbricks.org/sample/HD-Audio/

A little Kodi showing the CPU's in Action

Click image for larger version

Name:	dy97wk.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	529114

More to come
    Cheers

Thanks Zidoo and Geekbuying for Promt Delivery

ZIdoo X6: Coupon $10.00 off
    Code: NAKJQGNF

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDOO...er-353626.html
    Last edited by trebor; 10-10-2015, 05:49.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the comprehensive and balanced reviews, Trebor, and nicely presented too.

My box arrived in Florida this afternoon, many thanks to Geekbuying. Once they got back from their holidays, things moved fast. It's only been in use a couple of hours, and so far I love it. A lot of thought has gone into the firmware/interface and into ironing out many of the kinks that other boxes come laden with. The result is a very capable media streamer that looks good and plays well. Running several 1080p and 4k video clips, my eyes tell me we can still aim for a bit more smoothness, but all the same nothing to complain about here. Color depth and general imaging are excellent. Sound quality is crisp both in stereo and passed through to my DTS receiver. 5.1 playback OK. I tried the OGYouTube thing too, and was quite impressed with its 1080p performance although the app is a bit glitchy.

So far, I have just one nagging concern: this picture may indicate what that is: yes, the box runs hot in no time at all, ventilation is limited to a few slots on the base and its short feet barely lift it off the table for air to circulate. First thing tomorrow I'm off in search of some rubber bumpers as replacements.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by Zahir; 10-10-2015, 04:21.

Comment

Yet to see the unit fail yet due to throttling (heat)
        And Summer has hit down Under Early about 30c presently out side.
        I see there appears no Heat/Thermal Sensor reported by AIDA64 but then maybe its not 100% 3368 chip compatible yet.

Flip the box over, Paint the Base Silver problem solved well sorta, from a distance you wouldn't notice.
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Actually, I stood it vertically on its side, exposing the base to some cross-flow..Beta minus for case design, Zidoo, otherwise an Alpha box in the making. Power management is excellent.

Now, if Zidoo would post the original firmware, I'd feel more confident about experimenting further. At the moment, there's no fall-back.

Comment

thanks for review i think i have to close my order ,overheating problems it's very bad.

Comment

One solution is this: cost = $2.96. Result = very effective

Comment

Comment

Grate hahahah they put small heatsink,

Comment

Hey, bajann, good to see you around again. Yes, a larger heatsink, a metal base and some internal decoupling of the board would have been the best design. But these new feet really work! All the box needed was some space underneath where the vents are. I might attach a slim heatsink to the underside for extra dissipation but maybe no longer necessary.

Comment

BTW, is HDMI-CEC enabled? How do you turn it on?

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                        Nice haha, a targus chill mat + those would get the job done

Comment

The box actually looks better sitting up a bit..and there's a noticeable improvement in thermal management.

Comment

So finally got around to plugging mine in and I fired up the custom Kodi 15 and the user interface appears to be laggy @ 1080p 60ghz even though the video is smooth. Not sure what this is the result of or if its worth living with for the software enhancements made in their customized version of Kodi but just something to point out. Im gonna backup the app and try installing the regular one from the playstore to see if it makes a diff a little later. Also as others have mentioned heat seems to be more a concern with this devices smaller form factor.Im not sure if its just more noticeable since aluminum carries heater much better then plastic does but even idling this device @ 1080p I can feel warmness when touching the case.
                            Last edited by alwaysbless; 10-11-2015, 06:17.

Comment

Yes, I ditched the Zidoo Kodi after I found zoom had been disabled. I'm currently using Wasser's custom 15.1, designed for Rockchip devices, which offers auto frame-rate switching. It plays well with Zidoo's firmware on the whole, though I did briefly get some artefacts when streaming BBC One.

wasser-kodi-15.1-lollipop

Thought I'd post the Antutu score I got with this box. Not that I'm a great believer in those numbers, so much else is more important but - all other things being equal - a good score points to general health.

The score is good, but lower than that obtained on my RKM V5 stick (RK3288), which scored 37538.
                              Last edited by Zahir; 10-11-2015, 11:40.

Comment

@Zahir: Any idea why your Antutu score is so much better than the 24768 Antutu 5.7.3 (5.7.1?) that cnx-software obtained in the link above? How do your Vellamo and Ice Storm Extreme scores compare?

Comment

Working...
                                X