Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHL shipping from Geekbuying is the best.

Comment

I see one or two complaints on the Zidoo forum about color format being wrong. My test display is a PC monitor. Perhaps I should try my big screen TV next. While I haven't seen anything dramatically wrong with color, and image quality is excellent, I do prefer the color space used by my RK3288 devices, which is RGB full.

Zidoo should enable a switch for color space.

Comment

Well my box has froze on me 3 times due to heat i think. I have had to switch the box off & back on when on the kodi app. Im going to put a bigger heat sink in tomorrow, its doing my head in. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
          Well my box has froze on me 3 times due to heat i think. I have had to switch the box off & back on when on the kodi app. Im going to put a bigger heat sink in tomorrow, its doing my head in. lol
          Have you tried taller feet on it yet raising the box up slightly?

Comment

Got my Zidoo today. It constantly goes to black for about 2 seconds and then is ok for about a minute. Then black again etc. I changed the hdmi cord, put the box on its side to breathe and even put it on a bowl of ice for cooling but it didn't make a difference. The picture and voice keep in sync but the 2 second black keeps going on. I also put the new firmware on it but that made no difference. It didn't seem to get too warm
            so it doesn't seem to be a heat problem. Anybody have an ideas?

Comment

If you can try another monitor/TV or change lower resolution/freq
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

a quick fix is to turn the unit upside down :-)

Comment

Well with it being stuck round the back of my pc, It should not be a problem to turn it upside down. Why these china boxes do not come with vents it the top of the box is beyond me. I mean heat dose rise not go down. It wood solve a lot of problems.

Comment

Well with it being stuck round the back of my pc, It should not be a problem to turn it upside down. Why these china boxes do not come with vents it the top of the box is beyond me. I mean heat dose rise not go down. It wood solve a lot of problems.
                    This is a bit of a mystery to me too. I guess "top holes" are expensive, slots must be even more so.
                    On my UT3, just popping the top off reduced temps dramatically, of course, I went further.

Comment

what ells did you do. ??

Comment

what ells did you do. ??
                        Went a little overboard.

Comment

I installed the X6 firmware on my Tronsmart R68
                          But prefer R68 firmware as you can flash it from a PC easily.
                          For some reason the Zidoo Kodi exits everytime a video finishes playing which is annoying.

Comment

Now that is funny. I all so have the Tronsmart R68 & i like the Tronsmart R68 better than the zidoo at the moment that is. It just plays better the the zidoo & that is saying some thing mind.

Comment

"I installed the X6 firmware on my Tronsmart R68.."

That's interesting, would suggest that the converse is also feasible - Tronsmart R68 firmware would run on the Zidoo. But how would one go back? The flashing methods are completely different.

Comment

I not only have a firmware from Zidoo on Tronsmart, but also a beta updating 1.0.16 was easily set

Comment

Working...
                                X