X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    "I installed the X6 firmware on my Tronsmart R68.."

That's interesting, would suggest that the converse is also feasible - Tronsmart R68 firmware would run on the Zidoo. But how would one go back? The flashing methods are completely different.
    I flashed the Zidoo firmware I put together from my PC, the same as for the Tronsmart firmware with Androidtool v2.35.
    I can flash any of the 2 firmwares to switch or go back.
    But there is a 'illegal operation' popup error when you flash Zidoo firmware to non Zidoo devices and every app you open closes immediately if you enable wifi or ethernet, but I found a way around it.
    OTA updates also work.

Comment

Hmm..so if I flashed my X6 with Tronsmart firmware using Android Tool, my only way of getting back to Zidoo would be by unpacking the Zidoo stock zip into partitions that Android Tool can use?

Comment

Hmm..so if I flashed my X6 with Tronsmart firmware using Android Tool, my only way of getting back to Zidoo would be by unpacking the Zidoo stock zip into partitions that Android Tool can use?
        You will be missing loader and system folder won't be in a system.img format, so that won't work.
        That is why Zidoo is making update ota zip's and not complete firmware that can be flashed with AndroidTool, so people can't use it on other devices.
        I have the dumped backup firmware from a Zidoo device.
        Only problem is you won't have an original Zidoo mac address, will have to flash your own one with another tool(original mac address will be on the bottom of your device).
        But if you make a complete backup of your Zidoo device it won't be a problem, only if you flash someone else's Zidoo backup.
        With my tool you can make a backup of any RK3288/RK3368 device and flash it back even userdata to make a complete backup/restore including all your apps.

Comment

Super-clear, Mo, you are great. Now, where do I find your wonderous backup tool?

Comment

Super-clear, Mo, you are great. Now, where do I find your wonderous backup tool?
            Backup tool
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Install Automateit - https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin...t-v3-setup.exe then run AutomateAndroidToolBackup.au3
            Connect your device with a male to male USB cable to PC.
            Then hold a paperclip into the recovery hole until it clicks, now connect the power cord to the Zidoo X6 while still holding in the paperclip.
            The Flash tool will pick the device up on your PC and my backup(someone else actually created the automateit script) tool will do all the work, can release the paperclip now.
            Choose 'no' when asked to backup userdata.

Comment

Thank you very much. I shall get on this today as I'm anxious to see how other boxes handle certain functions where I feel Zidoo falls down. For a while back there, I thought I was stuck with ZIdoo's semi-proprietary flash method...thanks to you, I'm not.

Has any other manufacturer implemented HDMI-CEC on the 3368?

Comment

Well, I did it.. Took a perfect backup of my Zidoo rom, then wiped it out by running the backup tool again. Looked in the output folder and it was gone. I'm now stuck with Wasser's Tronsmart rom, which would not be a hardship except that none of the power management functions works..

Mo, is there any chance you could upload your Zidoo backup folder? I realize I'll have to re-flash my own MAC address, and that this is an imposition on you. Drat.. I was feeling pretty good about how well the backup originally went..

Also, do I use the RomDumper Tool to flash the backup?

(I'm also writing to Zidoo to ask for a factory firmware image: it's nonsense that they've tied things up such that we can't try different firmware and revert easily.)

Update: Since my Zidoo is currently Zidoo-less, I'm having fun sampling other firmware - and what a treat to discover Mo123's own HPH-NTV8 rom. Although wifi and remote don't work (in any case, I have the much better AERB airmouse and I use ethernet), his rom has more zing than Zidoo's. Things snap along beautifully and - big plus over Tronsmart - power management works in all functions except sleep. I can't wait to try HDMI-CEC in the living room, but I can definitely vouch for his rom's zip and video fluency. Next step: unpack the Tronsmart rom and see if swapping in resource.img enables wifi on the Zidoo because wifi did work when I ran that rom.
                Last edited by Zahir; 10-18-2015, 23:56.

Comment

And bingo! Swapping in resource.img from the Tronsmart rom with Mo's HPH rom as base gives 5G wifi and all the benefits of his faster rom. My Zidoo may never go home. Next, does HDMI-CEC work on this box?

Comment

Great work Zahir.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I feel liberated. Up till now, I've trodden the path Zidoo locks us into by adopting an alien and rigid flash method. Now, since I can't go home anyway, I have to explore - and I'm discovering what's beyond the hills. Mo's rom has more zing, and I can live without the Zidoo remote. But I'll have to test my concoction more closely tomorrow when I'm more awake..
                      Last edited by Zahir; 10-19-2015, 03:02.

Comment

Back to Zidoo's stock rom! Was able to recover my backup on my PC using an undelete program, and it went back on.
                        I should be relieved, I guess...but I did enjoy my enforced travels to other realms..

Comment

Hi all
                          We'll release a zidoo x6 beta version FW to the test group members after 3 hours later,and update the source code on github next week
                          1.Support 3D MVC framepacking
                          2.Optimization 23.976 in kodi.(The default status is off,please to "setting --playback --Accelerate " enable 23.976 option)
                          3.Eliminate the noise of audio passthrough
                          4. Modify the strategy of buffer area
                          5. The notice switch of 3D mode on TV

Comment

Guest What is the status on hdmi-cec? Is it dropped or postponed to another FW update?

Thanks for the updates that you have already done, please keep them comming

Comment

Originally posted by jesper View Post
                              Guest What is the status on hdmi-cec? Is it dropped or postponed to another FW update?

Thanks for the updates that you have already done, please keep them comming
                              Sorry,We are checking HDMI-CEC issus,In fact, this function has been realized. But we find it have some problems at some point.so,maybe in next version

Comment

Guest we need a fuction that can hide the HDMI output for some apk TV Streaming

Comment

Working...
                                X