Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a notable performance gain if I place a USB powered fan under the Zidoo X6 Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a notable performance gain if I place a USB powered fan under the Zidoo X6 Pro?

Would I gain any performance if I have the Zidoo X6 Pro sit on top of a USB powered fan. The Fan I have has legs on it so the Zidoo box can sit right on top of it. I know its always better to have the processor stay as cool as possible and I am not sure if the internal CPU has any Fan inside or just heat sink?

IMO, If vents are available it should help, otherwise benefit will be small. Anything that will keep the CPU from rising to temps where throttling or dropping cores occurs, will help under high-load conditions. Whether or not it will be noticeable or improve benchmark scores, unlikely unless the box spends a lot of time throttling as is.
    What sort of maximum temps are you seeing?

My post not to be considered for contest entry.

Comment

Well I have not run any apps to detect the temperature. I have to install one but from the touch its gets very warm when streaming movies. I just want to bring down the temperature somewhat. I can get back to you later on what the temp's are reading when streaming an HD movie!! I actually have a laser heat sensor but not willing to open the unit and void the warranty.

Comment

If the case is warm, it is helping to dissipate the heat, so that may not indicate high CPU temps. An external fan on the case might help carry the heat away, which may help to cool the CPU, but may not be necessary. If you are not experiencing slow downs, instability or crashes, you are probably OK. That being said, cooler temps can help extend product life, but probably not an issue. I speak generally, I don't own this box.

My post not to be considered for contest entry.
        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 06-29-2016, 03:09.

Comment

Case is now cool CPU running between 26-28c. Without fan the case it a bit more than just warm and the CPU is reading around 40 to 45c. I am using CPU monitor I have to try some other apps, not sure if this app is reading the temp accurately.

Comment

I believe it is a step in right direction. The biggest killer of electronics is high heat exposure for longer duration. Anything that can minimize the heat helps with higher reliability.

Comment

Not in this house..... Dogs are my biggest cord cutters and box destroyers....
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

40-45c is not bad. Of course for temp readings to be relative to readers, ambient(room temp) temperatures should be posted too.
                But yes, I prefer to keep things as cool as practically possible.... I'm not going as far as water cooling an Android device.

Post not to be considered for contest.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  Not in this house..... Dogs are my biggest cord cutters and box destroyers....
                  Just get an enclosed cabinet and your problem is solved. I had to do the same to protect my PC from my crawling kid who got the kick out of pressing the RESET button every few seconds LOL!

Comment

I think his pup ate his cabinet too

Comment

Originally posted by resansid View Post
                      Just get an enclosed cabinet and your problem is solved. I had to do the same to protect my PC from my crawling kid who got the kick out of pressing the RESET button every few seconds LOL!

I'll just buy one huge 900kw Peltier device and make sure I place the hot side of it onto the Zidoo Vent side to help pull away even more heat and the cool side will keep my area inside the cabinet cooler!!

Comment

Considering how cheap they are, it is a perfect investment.
                        Hell I am going to get one for my device too. Overall this is an interesting DIY project cause there is still a heat sink modification required at the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X