Recording Sound Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording Sound Quality

I recently bought one of these to play with picture in picture. For that it works well. But recording is disappointing. The video looks great, only a bit of pixellation on fast scenes. But the audio crackles and distorts regularly. I hear this even on samples from other reviewers.

Is there any setting that can help this issue? On their forum one member is selling an app to add better recording options for bitrate, but the app is expensive and I am not sure it would help this.

I don't own this device. I have another with HDMI recording. I have found that source volume can not be over about 80% or digital distortion is produced. Of course this is dependent on the contents volume level too.
    So try setting the source's volume lower.
    Also, if it is like the UT3+, only two-channel audio can be recorded, so make sure the audio settings on the source device reflect this.
    Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd already dropped the volume down to 40% on the source device, and set Netflix to stereo output. I was using a Windows tablet for the source.

Comment

I ended up paying a donation for Yeahman's mstar recording app and it ended up solving most of the issues I've had with the stock recording app.

Using a very high recording bitrate, FHD, movie files are much smoother than before. I would happily share videos I recorded this way. Sound is still a little harsh, but improved. So far I've had the best luck with doubling the recording frequency of AAC. I'll continue to play with it.

I should add that this app produces videos of a quality roughly 80% as good as my Hauppauge HD PVR 2. Which requires a Windows pc to run.

Comment

Working...
        X